• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Pregabalin and meth

Ontop

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi all, just a quick question, is there any interaction between pregabalin and meth?

Whether it be increase in effects, no increase in effects or block in effects?

Im not trying to get high.

I never did meth, but from my experience with pregabalin I think it would affect amphetamines in general. It depends on the dosages but pregabalin has mode of action that is "depressing" or you can call it inhibitory or relaxing. It is used as anti seizure medication(anticonvulsant), anxiolytic agent and for neuropathic pain. It is a gabapentinoid and (indirectly unlike benzodiazepines but still) raises GABA levels. Full mode of action is not understood, but you can see where this is going.

Pregabalin calms/slows the nervous system and in that way is in direct opposition with stimulants. Based on that and my subjective experience I believe that in your case it would mean
no increase in effects or block in effects
That doesn't mean it is not useful as medication if combined with Desoxyn (you said that you are not trying to get high so I extrapolated).

If you are prescribed both than take as prescribed and then see with your doctor. I am not a medical professional and can give you only subjective experience coupled with my (very) limited understanding of neuro science, general biology and pharmacology.

Take care!