Prednisone

J03

Greenlighter
My doctor prescribed me it for a sinus infection, after only taking 2 doces I was getting roid rage. I have been told that prednisone will not do that to you and that apparently it is my head, but if crying and beating my dashboard over someone cutting me off for a parking space is in my head then I guess I'm just crazy. Anyway what are others opinions on this?

My doctor prescribed me it for a sinus infection, after only taking 2 doces I was getting roid rage. I have been told that prednisone will not do that to you and that apparently it is my head, but if crying and beating my dashboard over someone cutting me off for a parking space is in my head then I guess I'm just crazy. Anyway what are others opinions on this?

Prednisone is a glucocorticoid steroid, not an anabolic steroid, mood swings are common, I'm surprised you have been prescribed for a sinus infection...

I was too. It must be a thing around here because everybody I know who gets a sinus infection always gets it prescribed to them.

It the past when I was on very high doses of prednisone I did get kinda psychotic at times like once I slammed this trash can in my house on the ground breaking it to pieces because the power went on and off in my house real quick causing the lights to blink. Once this retard doc put me on fucking 80mgs which could of killed me considering I was just 14 at the time. Right now I am only on 5mgs a day which doesn't cause and negative effects like I got when on higher doses.
If you don't mind me asking what dosage are you taking and is it the same dose each day or is it one of those dose packs were you decrease your dose each day? I also find it weird you were given prednisone for a sinus infection.

I was told to take 5 mg 4 times a day for 3 weeks, insane right? I only took 2 a day because I didn't know how it would react for me and well good thing I did because who knows what would of happened if I took the full dose.

Uh, this isn't really that relevant, but my cat was on methylprednisone (I think, definitely a corticosteroid) for suspected brain swelling after a bad accident for a few days :/ No side effects, and she's completely fine now.

Uh, this isn't really that relevant, but my cat was on methylprednisone (I think, definitely a corticosteroid) for suspected brain swelling after a bad accident for a few days :/ No side effects, and she's completely fine now.

Totally irrelevant but my girlfriends cat is on cortisone injections... It has anxiety..!!

Totally irrelevant but my girlfriends cat is on cortisone injections... It has anxiety..!!

Lol tell her to get off those steroids she must be getting that depression and roid rage all the papers and news articles talk about.

Mine just slept all the time except the first day, but it did have 2 broken legs (simple break of the hind tibia or whatever it's called in cats and shattered front elbow which was very hard to repair) and neurological problems (first day - seizures, blindness, no pupil reflexes). Hind leg healed on it's own extremely fast, the elbow was surgically repaired and eventually healed almost 100%. The neurological problems disappeared in a few days, worst was over after the first. She's fine now, you couldn't tell she was ever hurt.

And interesting cat fact - while the LD50 of benzos in humans is so high that it's practically impossible to od, lots are actually much more dangerous for cats.

I go on Pred when I have really bad asthma attacks....I haven't noticed any mood swings, but maybe I'm just a moody mean bitch all the time lol! After this thread though I might research it

pred is known to cause manic switching in bipolar peeps

Last edited:
Prednisone is a really great drug and works very quickly. I too with get it usually in inhaler form or a pill when my breathing gets really inflamed.. Its good but it also has some pretty negative sideeffects like osteoporosis and stomach bleeding. The inhaler has much lower risk of these. Just something you dont want to take forever and not every single person that takes it will get the side effects but its good to be aware.

I like it. It gives me a little more energy and it works so quick.

I think the inhalers/topical creams/other more focused roas should be less likely to produce bad systemic side effects because the concentration is only high on the tissues you want to target.

I've had prednisone for sinus issues as well :) Works like a charm for me. I've always noticed irritability and anger in high dosages as well.

Really good drug for sinus infections.

Makes you fat if you stay on it for too long :)