• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prednisone maximum safe dose

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Okay so I was drinking my kratom hot chocolate when an odd very itchy rash started appearing on my hands arms and legs. I don’t drive and there are no buses today because it’s a holiday. I use a wheelchair so ride sharing service to urgent care isn’t an option. So my pan is try prednisone and benedryl from my prepping kit. I know I will have to tapper of the prednisone but for today I need to know the maximum safe dose so don’t accidentally get too over zealous. The internet says 60 but I grew up with major asthma and I know I have taken at least 80mgs in one day before thanks for any information.

I would stay at 50mg or below (and give it time); stay the hell away from people as it weakens the immune system. I have a love/have thing with this substance as once every few years my back goes and cannot walk. I helps to get me moving again but the side effects are just not worth it if I can wait it out and let nature (along with aleve) take it's course.
Bets wishes mate
One

Thanks One,
I take it with calcium and vitamin K to help prevent anything too crazy. So far this time it seems that phenergan and Allegra are working better than the prednisone and benedryl. Calamin lotion was also invaluable last night before I could send my housekeeper out for Allegra this morning. I thought I had some in my prepping bag along with the rest of my mini pharmacy but I should probably check more often.
I took 80 of prednisone which I know is safe from many week long tappers as a child but I was still itching like mad 6 hours later. Phenergan and Allegra have the itching almost gone... now if I can just figure out how to get the lotion off of everything I didn’t mean to put it on like my shirt, wheelchair and the bathroom floor I should be good. I switched kratom type and I am carefully sipping a glass of what started out as hot chocolate an hour ago... seems okay so far but I will probably take Allegra every time before kratom for a while now just to be sure