• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Powerful Natural SSRI , Amazing effect. An alternative to the Pharmaceutical crap

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
Sceletium tortuosum (Mesembryanthemaceae) the family
It is a succulent in South Africa.
Kanna.

What really pisses me off, is when people tell me Kanna doesn't work for them for Anxiety and Depression. In the most severe or worst cases of Anxiety and Depression perhaps it is ineffective but for Mild to Moderate or the higher end of Moderate Depression this Herb is very effective. Its been consistent I have been taking everyday for about the past two months and everyday I take it. It gives me a buzz. It is like a mental block to negativity and problems, it is good for cravings ( amphetamine) , good for weight loss A mild appetite suppressant your interest in food regresses . What has been amazing about the Kanna I've been taking is it comes from a good vendor and I enjoy the maximal Alkaloid content of Mesembrine and believe me this compound is Euphoric as well, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, it relaxes my muscles, it lets me deal with stuff in a more organized manner, makes me feel less overwhelmed with life problems , lets me set my priorities straight. HAs none of the nasty side effects of SSRI. It is empathogenic, relaxes your muscles( amazing as the relaxation sweeps your whole body, your soul as well ), increases your appreciation of music you will sit down and listen to the music on your laptop for a long time, Kanna potentiates Cannabis Sativa and Indica to the max you will get sky high if you mix Kanna and Cannabis and there is no anxiety as Kanna decreases anxiety and then you smoke and there is even less anxiety horrible bouts of laughter do occur and dissociation from the Environment and Kanna causes the Cannabis high to feel ever more so Narcotic and yes it increases the pain relieving properties of Kannabis. Some other important notes about Kanna the effects of Sceletium tortousum do not increase with dosage there is a maximal oral dosage effect limit of about 2-3 g oral if you take more the effects plateau,
It is very good because you can take the same doses everyday. Another amazing effect is this happy feeling, It causes you to be happy and Slight to Moderately Euphoric and these effects are consistent, Even if you take it everyday it does not cause a tolerance effect to its Antidepressant and Euphoric effects you will still gain such qualities from this Herb. It will ease Withdrawal from Stimulant drugs such as Cocaine and Methamphetamine and Amphetamine and it will ease Alcohol withdrawal as well Opiod withdrawal it shall not decrease.
It is noted to work as an SSRI and an PDE4 inhibitor.
Kanna is very similiar to MDMA and MDA class synthetic drugs the Euphoric feeling, Happy feeling is somewhat similiar. Except Kanna is not so stimulative and it is initially mildly stimulating and these effects progress to Sedation.
The Sedation can cause you to fall asleep or you will be awake but in a sedated state. It Improves sleeping quality your days of Insomnia are over, Sleep is deep too and full of dreams.
It is a natural SSRI similiar to Prozac with qualities of MDMA good for Moderate anxiety and Depression.
It makes me sad when I hear people took Kanna and felt nothing, dissapointing for me because the effects are there and they are good.
It has a synergy with Alcohol as well.Holy smokes have some Red wine, Whiskey and take some Kanna Oral you will feel damn good its better than mixing benzos and booze and safer.
There is a slight mood crash the next day if you take high doses that cause Euphoria.
SO keep your doses constant.
It is amazing.
I WILL ACTUALLY SAY THAT KANNA OUTCLASSES KRATOM FOR ME> ITS EFFECTS ARE SUPERIOR>
IT IS AN AMAZING HERB
There is a body and a head high I consider it the best Natural Antidepressant excellent for anxiety.
If you are a somewhat anxious individual and this herb provides the benefits to you as it did to me. I can assure you will take it everyday.
So there is some slight Dependency.
Oh well.
THere is no withdrawal though just feeling sedated and heavy for a few days.

I hope you all can input. I have so much respect for this. For you all you people out there on SSRI, Benzos and other psychiatric medication may God lead you to this plant its effects are amazing if not a cure for anxiety and depression. Please somebody input

Im from RSA and even i don't do Kanna. It doesn't do anything for me. And you might be getting very bad Kratom if Kanna beats it.
But I guess we all react differently?

Last edited:
What really pisses me off, is when people tell me Kanna doesn't work for them for Anxiety and Depression.

You can't blame people that something doesn't work for them. All "pharmaceutical crap" you mentioned in the title of the thread has also been found to be effective against depression, anxiety, and various other diseases. Yet no (S)(N)(D)RI has worked for my depression and I took a lot of this shit during last 8 years. Buprenorphine is the only substance effective for my refractory depression with no side effects such as feeling "dirty", too much going on in my head, unnaturally elevated mood causing hypomania and mania, and so on. Amitriptyline even caused hallucinations...

There's plenty of "magically" working plants for depression and 99% of them work as placebo if they help at all. I could recommend drinking Melissa officinalis (widely known as lemon balm) to people suffering from anxiety and I guess it'd be similar. It surely helps lightly for some every day stress happening from time to time to healthy people but it's of no use for people suffering from anxiety disorders.

I used to be able to buy kanna pills from an internet vendor which were very effective for depression. I' d take 2-3 pills and drink a beer or one glass of wine, and it was an almost instant mood lift. I can' t find the exact same pills anymore, but they were really good while they lasted.

I ordered a small amount of kanna from a reputable vendor who I will share if possible, as I am new here. It's effects were really wonderful for anxiety and depression. I have just reordered a larger amount and then read that it interacts negatively with anti depressants.
My problem is that I have been steered into the pharmaceutical route by my family situation and because I am a veteran I am going thru the VA, which is a nightmare of an organization.

3 weeks ago for anxiety I was prescribed Xanax, 1 mg twice per day, and 3 days ago, Remeron and Effexor, both of which I had been on for 15 years earlier in my life when I knew nothing of alternatives.
I understand now that kanna should not be taken with SSRI drugs, and I assume the Effexor, which is a SNRI drug is close enough so that I should not take kanna with the Effexor. Remeron is something I will not do long term anyway, as it puts on weight like nothing else out there, so I will definitely stop that soon.

I really am seeking advice on how to proceed here; my goal is to replace the pharmaceuticals with kanna. In my situation this seems risky, but I feel it is the right thing to do.

If I lived alone, I would just switch to kanna only, which I only recently learned was so effective for anxiety and depression.

But since I have this family pressure to go the pharmaceutical route, since I have already had 3 days of the Remeron and Effexor, I could go through the motions of taking these and simply start the kanna. The Xanax I would have to wean myself off of slowly I understand.

My question is, is it dangerous to take the kanna at the same time with the anti depressants if it would be avoidable? Or must they be strictly kept separate?

I could honestly use some input as how to proceed with this issue.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....any questions, please ask.

Thank you so much.

I ordered a small amount of kanna from a reputable vendor who I will share if possible, as I am new here. It's effects were really wonderful for anxiety and depression. I have just reordered a larger amount and then read that it interacts negatively with anti depressants.
My problem is that I have been steered into the pharmaceutical route by my family situation and because I am a veteran I am going thru the VA, which is a nightmare of an organization.

3 weeks ago for anxiety I was prescribed Xanax, 1 mg twice per day, and 3 days ago, Remeron and Effexor, both of which I had been on for 15 years earlier in my life when I knew nothing of alternatives.
I understand now that kanna should not be taken with SSRI drugs, and I assume the Effexor, which is a SNRI drug is close enough so that I should not take kanna with the Effexor. Remeron is something I will not do long term anyway, as it puts on weight like nothing else out there, so I will definitely stop that soon.

I really am seeking advice on how to proceed here; my goal is to replace the pharmaceuticals with kanna. In my situation this seems risky, but I feel it is the right thing to do.

If I lived alone, I would just switch to kanna only, which I only recently learned was so effective for anxiety and depression.

But since I have this family pressure to go the pharmaceutical route, since I have already had 3 days of the Remeron and Effexor, I could go through the motions of taking these and simply start the kanna. The Xanax I would have to wean myself off of slowly I understand.

My question is, is it dangerous to take the kanna at the same time with the anti depressants if it would be avoidable? Or must they be strictly kept separate?

I could honestly use some input as how to proceed with this issue.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....any questions, please ask.

Thank you so much.

First off, we aren't allowed to mention vendors on here so don't do that.

I also take an SSRI (Lexapro) and I'm curious about Kanna but was told to avoid it.

Now it's not an exact science I don't think cause there are certain levels of whatever it is (probably serotonin?) that needs to be reached in the brain before it gets dangerous, and small amounts might be ok but who knows EXACTLY when they are in the safe zone and when not??

I don't so I have thus far avoided Kanna but was told I MIGHT be ok with small amounts...still, it makes me unsure about trying it.

I always have to go through this shit whenever I want to try a new drug I have to figure out if it can be taken with my SSRI and many drugs I am interested in aren't fully tested so it's always a little bit dangerous and I try to be a combination of cautious but at the same time I am still interested...

So yeah, I don't have your answer for you...but I think most people here are going to tell you not to combine it with anything that effect serotonin.

I have also been told though that IF I (or you) were going to try to combine Kanna with something questionable, to do it SLOWLY and test how I feel because chances are that you'd start by feeling a little bit sick and know to stop and not like IMMEDIATELY die or anything LOL.

So IF you combine them I'd start VERY slowly with a VERY small amount of Kanna and weigh it out and then like wait all day to see how you feel and if you are ok then take a little more the next, if you are still ok, then proceed from there.

Don't just take a little and if you are ok on that then double or triple your dosage cause that's asking for trouble.

First off, we aren't allowed to mention vendors on here so don't do that.

This

As far as I know Kanna is a SSRI and combining a SSRI with another SSRI,SNRI or MAOI can result in serotonin syndrome and in the worst case could kill you, so best avoid taking kanna while on a SSRI/SNRI and wait a week between stopping the SSRI and taking the kanna just to be safe