• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

potentiating the high with DXM?

This is a harm reduction forum, and it appears that people have to be reminded of that constantly.

1.2g of dextromethorphan is NOT something to suggest for someone to try, especially if they have only taken small/medium doses of it. That high of a dose will more than likely cause an overwhelming and uncomfortable trip.

Also, LSD and DXM are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT drugs. To say that DXM, even at a dose that high, is x2 the experience of a good dose of LSD leads me to believe you've never had good L.

yes you are correct about the good L. I have had an ok, and well it was nothing like DXM. ill admit my stupid comment haha, i wasnt telling him to do 1.2g of DXM, just saying mine was great. anyway imo it gives more effects would be a better way to explain.

but a good argument is that maybe you have not a really good trip with DXM, or have not got the full effects you know?

i've experimented with DXM many times, i've reached the 3rd plateau effects a few times as well. my original idea was to hang out with a few friends, smoke some pot and trip out harder, but not too hard to raise any attention, as im trying to keep it on the DL with them;P

yes you are correct about the good L. I have had an ok, and well it was nothing like DXM. ill admit my stupid comment haha, i wasnt telling him to do 1.2g of DXM, just saying mine was great. anyway imo it gives more effects would be a better way to explain.

but a good argument is that maybe you have not a really good trip with DXM, or have not got the full effects you know?

Man, when I was 14-15 years old, I LOVED dextromethorphan. I would eat doses as high as 2g in a day/night and thought it was fantastic.

Once I tried hallucinogens like LSD, Psilocybin mushrooms, Mescaline, MDA, MDMA, etc, I could never really "enjoy" a DXM trip. It just felt like it was extremely lacking in the "spiritual tool" aspect, and seemed more of something just to get fucked up on.

Anyway, this is WAY fucking off-topic. Sorry.

Time for some bowlski's!

I refuse to listen to any argument that I would think DXM is even comparable with LSD because I haven't have a good trip. If your trying to trip out and you would rather just buy a bottle of cough syrup than buy an illegal chemical that has to be made in a lab then I'm fine with that, but that doesn't cut it for me. There is a reason that LSD is illegal and cough syrup is just slightly controlled. Its because the government assumes than anyone with common sense can realize that is a bad idea to consume huge amounts of cough syrup. The government has to tell people not to do LSD because even the most intelligent people would indulge in it if it was legal. LSD is a much better drug and it doesn't cause your brain the bleed.

P.S. I apologize if this is off topic. DXM is bad for you, I don't recommend it.

Last edited:
Olney's lesions, also known as NMDA receptor antagonist neurotoxicity (NAN), are a form of brain damage (not proven in humans) caused by high doses of dissociative anaesthetics, particularly those referred to as "uncompetitive NMDA-channel-blockers" such as ketamine, phencyclidine (PCP), and dextromethorphan (DXM).
However, oral administration of dextromethorphan does not cause vacuolization in rats' brains.

Drinking cough syrup doesn't make your brain bleed.

If you have to do Dextromethorphan, stick to low-moderate doses i.e. no more than 300 mg's.

There is some evidence that large doses cause lesions in the brain. So play it safe and keep it low.

Best if you leave it alone, entirely.

IME weed and hash go with everything.=D

YAAAAAAAAy I'm now a bona-fide Bluelighter

I took about 100-200mgs of DXM once and then got really stoned and it definitely potentiated the high. I can't remember much but I got more stoned than usual, tripping out kind of. I don't like the dissociative feeling DXM gives me though, so I don't plan on using it again no matter the dose.

Drinking cough syrup doesn't make your brain bleed.

Yeah, plus rats are not humans. I'm sure DXM could cause brain damage in high doses used in a short period of time, but that takes the fun away from dxm. I like doing it every once and it awhile and it blows me away everytime, I miss the shit so much I just wish I could find a better source of it, might try delsym for my next try.

From my moderate experience with DXM, I think it is strong enough without the need for bud.