• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Pot and the different kinds. For the pot heads...

sunEdltye

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok, this is a post that should have a bunch of info on pot. What i really want to know is, what are these different kinds...ex. Shwag, hydro?, 1 hit shit, and whatever other kinds they are. what does that mean to have shwag weed? what is the most potent kind of bud? factors? Any help would be very good and possibly good for the rest of other drugs.
Evan

what's up, i think people have lots of different names for the green.
schwag (aka dirt) is at the bottom. basically bricked weed. can be brown or green.
middies also midgrade is in the middle. gotta be grren. some crystals n hairs. might be a little moist still. could have been bricked.
kind bud=kine bud=dank=nugs etc. the best shit. varies in colors of green. should have a good amount of crystal and hair. i prefer the light green.
hydro is a type of bud, not a strain tho. it is the way it is grown. the roots are in water.
skunk is another name u may hear but it is a specific strain.
the most potent? i think bc won the canibus cup this year. i wouldnt worry about all that. if you ask me just look for some with lots of crystals n hairs. some weed will have diff effects on you (more laughy, more retarded, more chill). i hope i helped out some.

Just to add a little more to the weed talk. The more crystals the better the weed. Really good weed when looked at under 5x loupe should glisten and you should actually be able to see resin on the red hairs of the bud. Blueberry won the cannibus cup this year it is a indica.

ok, two questions:
What is "hair"?
What is the Cannibis cup?
Thanks, the more i know the better off i'll be.
Evan

the "hairs" are the pistils of the flowers on a cannabis plant...if u take a look at a nice bud...u will see tiny stringy filaments orange or reddish in color...those are the hairs...and the cannabis cup...that's basically the stoner's olympics or the academy awards for budd...

Damn, I smoked some shit that I was told was blueberry but I don't think it really wasn't cuz it wasn't all that special, I'd love to get some though. A friend of mine had some Rasberry at school, that looked pretty nice too.
There's definately a difference between good quality shwag and shitty ghetto dirt ass-weed (I hate that shit). Good shwag will be green, not very seedy, a little sticky and sometimes little crystals and hairs. It doesn't quite match up to mid's but it's certainly decent weed, and it's usually what I get (it's what I'm smokin right now). The last time that I got ghetto dirt weed, I was so pissed off. It was brown, seedy, hardly had any smell, tasted like *peanuts*, and hardly got you stoned. That shit sucked so much I just threw it away.
Nugs are the shiznit! I definately go for kinds when I can afford it, the most common kind of nugs around here is BC Bud, which I must say are some mighty tasty buds! KB is also referred to by strain names like white widow, northern lights, blueberry, silver haze, etc, etc. or hydro or chronic, especially if you're dealing with somebody who's shady or a ghetto dealer, they'll tell you they're shit's "tha chronic!". I generally prefer to deal with people I know, especially when it comes to kind bud. KB is the last thing you wanna get dicked over with

Hey.
The herb I'm buying right now is BC, and it is amazing. one bowl puts my right off my ass. Lots of Keif (the little crystals and hairs), and its quite fresh too so its not so dry, kinda sticky still. Probably the best strain I've had.
Afghani is supposed to be really good as well. And there are TONS of hybrids that are mixes of multiple strains.
If you go to the cannabis section of www.erowid.org, then click on images, there are pictures of leaves from many different strains. a good place to learn how to identify different strains by their leaves. (they are very different. some are really long and thin, some are really fat and tubby. easy to tell differences.)
I must say now though, the BC i have right now is wonderful... I can only hope there's a good supply of it in town so it'll stay a while. Normally we just have med quality herb here.

finally a post i can appreciate~~
smile.gif

there are many different types of strains, northern lights, shiva, skunk, skunk 2, blueberry, white widow, g-13 or 14? dunno.
the ones that are named tend to be KB or kind bud which is all i smoke... i'm blessed with maybe the best dealer in the world!
smile.gif

i personally prefer skunk 2, not that much keif but its alot less harsh on the throat, very very smooth... i love the smell too...
quality is determined by how many buds there are, how leafy, how crystalized it is, stems, seeds and so forth...
if you're dealing with kb then u dun really have to worry about seed and stems, the nugs tend to be dense and so on...
again i prefer buds to leafiness cuz its just not as harsh... and it'll get you blazed faster~
the only other thing i'll smoke is middies in blunts and joints, its just a waste to use kb in blunts n joints...
but yea~~ wow i wrote alot... if i put as much effort into skoo as i do into pot... i'd be a geniuS~
smile.gif

i hope this clears some things up about bud~
smile.gif
still even with pot moderation is key so don't over do it~ have a nice daY~
smile.gif

------------------
thank you for flying with Bong Airlines. We hope you had a nice high. Do fly with us again. Also, for international flights, try our sister company XTC airlines...

oh yea... forgot to add some stuff...
check out www.yahooka.com and www.project420.com these sites are all about the magical plant~
smile.gif

oh, seeds and stems are bad~ try to avoid then at all costs, of course you're not going to... but.. stems add weight so be careful cuz if the dealer sux they're going to try to rip you off by puttin in a lot of stems and adding weight... you probably know all this tho... so yea... just in case~
smile.gif
be on the safe sidE~ hope this is all usefuL infO~
damn... i am a pothead... oh wellz~
smile.gif

------------------
thank you for flying with Bong Airlines. We hope you had a nice high. Do fly with us again. Also, for international flights, try our sister company XTC airlines...

my favorite types of marijuana are:
1mr nice guy- most potent and hard hitting high ive ever experianced. the taste was extremely diffrent.
2bubbleberry-sweet taste, long lasting.
3california orange- tastes great, colors glass extremely fast, hard hitting
4haze- great taste, great high
5nl#5 x haze- i smoked some bud that was harvested too early but it still was sweet bud
bc big bud- this is the staple of my pot diet...its nice but im sick of smoking bc bud it smells like cat urine to me.
i pick through my bud and remove all stems, smoking stems causes headaches for me. if you dont want to waste them warm them in cooking oil and make brownies or something out of them.
[This message has been edited by dust1n (edited 12 March 2001).]

hi,
If you have a choice over what type of weed to smoke you should first think about what type of high you want.
Basicaly the darker the hairs on the bud that you buy the more stonnier the high will be. This is because the plant has been left longer before picking and more CBD has developed in the buds. This chemical will produce a more sedative and longer lasting high.
If however you like a clear giggly high then try and get hold of buds which have light coloured or even white hairs. Because these buds have been picked earlier then there will be almost no CBD and a hopefully a high percentage of THC.
The best way to get good weed though to grow it yourself. Not only is the whole growing exercise good fun but as any one will tell you the end product is way better than most weed on the comercial market.

Just to dispell a myth for some people. Hydro don't mean shit! All that means is it was grown hydroponically, but that says nothing whatsoever about the strength of the stuff. Genetics is the biggest determining factor. The two basic families are indica and sativa. They vary in the levels of THC and CBN (the two most prominent psychoactives) they have. CBN makes it more sleepy/groggy and THC is fairly cerebral. Also, the time the pot was harvested will play a part how much and the ratio of CBN and THC that is contained in a plant. Well, I could go on and on, and I'm far from an expert. If you want to know more visit some of the marijuana sites.
[This message has been edited by Blue Lava (edited 12 March 2001).]

The amount of crystals on bud certainly does not indicate quality. After the quality of the grow (medium, light, nutrients etc) genetics is the most important thing. The likelyhood of scoring a really top quality strain, such as Nevilles haze for instance is slim. Commercial growers always aim for maximum yeild which means lots of mainly Indica hybrids. In my opinion the quality of stone is the most important thing- fuck potency.