• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Post your psychedelic dreamdeeply.com images here

It's just a bit of fun. If you don't like it, move on to the next thread. :)

More than happy to. I just thought is was being talked up by Josh, and maybe others, as a bit more than that. More than happy to be in a minority of one...

...particularly when you're all wrong. ;)

I reckon these are quite a good REPRESENTATION of trippy visuals (albeit with a few too many animals) - just imagine if they were flowing and morphing...

Is this site/software capable of producing animations?

ive seen a few, its just a case of processing it frame by frame and then recombining into a video.

Am I the only one who thinks this is all a bit shit and nothing like tripping?

Hall of mirrors anyone?

Any of those arty/photo effects you've been able to get on the net for yonks now?

Chuck in a few cats and dogs? Wow man! Freaky!

Bollocks it is. Fractals with animals. Oh look Ali's a werewolf. Tell us something we didn't know.

I'm interested in how I can use it to make stylised textures for games. Some stuff does seem very close to visuals I've had from trips though, particularly phenethyamines.

If you have it running locally, here is a really good guide to how the different layers look.

http://hideepdreams.tumblr.com/post/123387228638/testing-layers-of-googles-deepdreams

I'm finding keeping the layers low (no higher than 3 ) keeps the dogs and other animals at bay and gives nice patterns.

Animating it would just be a case of running it on each frame, either each frame of a video or a static image and changing the iterations each frame, need to brush up on my python a bit before I'm able to modify the script to do that though!

dZrvljk.jpg

Last edited:
About as good as I can be arsed to do animation wise without automating it, and without being able to do it I assume much quicker on the GPU rather than on the CPU in a VM which is the best I've managed so far today (bit of a fail in technical terms really, but at least I'm processing my own images and have control over the settings, which is more than the other sites are allowing).

More interested in playing about with the different layer types tbh :)

I really don't understand this or what all of the hype is about. Granted I haven't read about it at all but can someone explain to me what's so groundbreaking about it??

I'm with SHM, I think it's pretty shit but then I know I'm not seeing the big picture..

The pun was intended, I thought is was pretty poor so I didn't want to emphasise the it with a ;).

I fall into the not fussed one way or the other. I might have a read about what it's all about later..

yX2k1gq.jpg

The Vishnu impression is pretty trippy in itself. Do you do a Shiva one?:D

I don't think that's great reading if you're wondering why it's groundbreaking. It's not really got anything to do with the art, it's more to do with the way google is analysing images for their search and image matching algorithms isn't it?

Some people on here like the images because it reminds them of tripping, and I believe that is to do with how are brains are adapted to recognise patterns and shapes (eyes etc) in things. This article discusses that a bit here: https://medium.com/@memoakten/deepdream-is-blowing-my-mind-6a2c8669c698

I'm just hooking on to the artistic possibilities of it because I'm a digital artist, and if I see possibilities in something I will attempt to learn it in case I am able to use it for something in the future. For example, I'm starting to lock down a sort of painterly style with it that would take ages to hand-paint, which I might be able to use for some stylised textures for a game at some point.

This is miles better than any Photoshop filter because it iterates, it finds the flow in images and follows it. No "painting" filter I've ever seen has managed to do that so well before.

And of course the standard test image I'm using :p

Now this one I like. It has a feel of Fear and Loathing with a splash and mescaline

Last edited:
The problem is that the servers that you send them off to aren't allowing custom commands (so you don't set the iterations to 500 and tie up the machine for a year I guess), so most of the images are coming back with a standard look to them. But you can do lots of cool shit, this person knows how to use it: http://hideepdreams.tumblr.com/

Josh, its all too cubist melding into impressionism. Somewhere they have give it an "art" type" . It's not soft, emotive or curvey like. There's no emotion in the images :(

No, and that's something we often say with procedurally generated stuff (we're using Substance Designer at work now to do a lot of our texturing), it gets you 80% of the way quickly, the other 20% has to come from the human hand, the artistic touch. Be nice to be able to do everything by hand but there just isn't the time these days, games are big and budgets are tight.

I don't think that's great reading if you're wondering why it's groundbreaking. It's not really got anything to do with the art, it's more to do with the way google is analysing images for their search and image matching algorithms isn't it?
it's all related, i think. but not intended to be the be-all-and-end-all - just some interesting related reading.

alasdair

some people think it's cool. some people don't. some don't care one way or the other. it's not harming anybody but some people seem unhappy unless they have something to poke holes in or moan about :)

alasdair

Always with a smiley face to deflect from your own snide eh Ali? People are allowed to have opinions that conflict with you liking something and it would be nice for you to acknowledge this without the sneer "some people seem unhappy....moan" (and the false smiley) that you constantly use. Seen it a million times on BL, boring.

I said I though it was a bit shit, someone agreed, most people agree with you. Be happy for yourself. I ducked out of the thread when asked, and I'll duck out again now.

People are allowed to have opinions that conflict with you liking something...
it's not clear where i said they were not?
...and it would be nice for you to acknowledge this without the sneer "some people seem unhappy....moan" (and the false smiley) that you constantly use. Seen it a million times on BL, boring.
q.e.d.

":)"

alasdair