post some pop!

The year is sometime in the 90s, the last decade that was any fun, and I was already fuccin it up with exhaustion & opioids, tryin a head start on the millennium, you know how it goes when your no longer the coolest thing in school and you not even a has been cause never were. There is music called rap which I don't know about. There is also a music called rave which I do know about but those friends are long gone and so is the Ecstasy that made it possibly better than it actually was I dunno

There was a band that I used to like called Duran Duran and a came on the radio a new song by them. And I didn't want to like it but I couldn't help myself it was not only good was infectious, perhaps the best. That was all a long time ago on the pathetic planet called Earth. Beautiful plants and animals it's the people that are fuct ever since I forgot about this song

Good one. You know how relationships especially when you're young all about sharing music that's meaningful to you, that's how I and probably the way a lot of people got turned on to The The

A post-Clash collaboration between Mick Jones and Joe Strummer, released on the second album of (underrated IMHO) group Big Audio Dynamite in 1986.

The first verse has some nice lyrical observations on life in mid-80s Los Angeles: the sharp increase in crack addiction ("lot of rockheads on the block"), the pull of street gangs ("V13" = a Mexican gang then powerful in the Oakwood aka "Ghost Town" neighborhood of Venice), etc.

A lot of rockheads on the block,
Dougie died and Sue got frocked.
If the stove is hot, then I ain't lost.
And Rosa says my star is crossed.

Little Jamie writes V 13,
Comes in by the door, goes out by the screen.
He don't listen to me, he knows everything.
Girls on the avenue ask me to sing.

Sodom and Gomorrah, let the DJ play.
'Cause I'm only gone tomorrow and here today

Good one. You know how relationships especially when you're young all about sharing music that's meaningful to you, that's how I and probably the way a lot of people got turned on to The The

I know, the utter immaturity, of it. 🙄 Grow up, losers!

A post-Clash collaboration between Mick Jones and Joe Strummer, released on the second album of (underrated IMHO) group Big Audio Dynamite in 1986.

The first verse has some nice lyrical observations on life in mid-80s Los Angeles: the sharp increase in crack addiction ("lot of rockheads on the block"), the pull of street gangs ("V13" = a Mexican gang then powerful in the Oakwood aka "Ghost Town" neighborhood of Venice), etc.

A lot of rockheads on the block,
Dougie died and Sue got frocked.
If the stove is hot, then I ain't lost.
And Rosa says my star is crossed.

Little Jamie writes V 13,
Comes in by the door, goes out by the screen.
He don't listen to me, he knows everything.
Girls on the avenue ask me to sing.

Sodom and Gomorrah, let the DJ play.
'Cause I'm only gone tomorrow and here today

Another quality selection from you

Hit song in the UK. My friends used to call them Japan Duran except Duran Duran, especially the look of a keyboardist Nick Rhodes and the rubbery bass playing of John Taylor, copied Japan not the other way around.

Where'd you go? I don't know.
What're you on? Something strong.
What is it? Good shit.
I think I'm on fucking trip.

Cool song buy a group I've never heard... probably didn't break into the billboard charts
No, certainly not at the time. But actually, Kurt Cobain gave them a moment as (minor) celebrities c. 1992 when he covered one of their songs (not this one) and took them on tour opening for Nirvana.