Post E Depression

jsmith99

Bluelighter
I just had a few questions for anyone who knows much about Post E Depression. Over the past few months (2 or 3), I have been really down lately. On average, I roll about twice a month and usually take about 2-4 pills. Anyways, when I was at the doctor one day I explained my depression to him and he put me on Prozac. I should of been honest with him and told him I used E but I didn't. I realize that most of my depression is probably b/c of rolling to often and too much so I've decided to stop for awhile. I guess what I want to know is if you think that I should use the prozac for awhile or not use it. I also want to know from others who go through this about how long it took once they stopped rolling and where depressed until they felt better. Thanks for any help.

Maybe you should hold off on the Prozac and see how it works out if you just take a break from rolling for a while. I'm not much of a medical expert though, so it might be smart to talk to your doctor (honestly) again.
Good luck!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i used to get depressed also...now, (i still roll 2x a month), i take some 5htp before i go to bed...i am not all 8up the next day and i do not get depressed...
u may want to hold off on the prozac and try this first..

Prozac is a good thing for post loading. Try this and see if it helps. First cut back your rolling to no more than once a month, it takes 2+ weeks for your body to rebuild its supply of serotonin. Eat healthy and get plenty of rest and preload and post load with 5htp. Then when you do roll, postload with prozac within 5 hours of your first bean and then take another 24 hours later. Myself and masterT recently started doing this and WOW what results. Not only does the prozac prevent neurotoxicity, but you'll also feel great the week following. I don't know about anyone else, but 2-4 days after rolling I normally become cranky, tired and depressed. Not anymore, the prozac totally blocks this and I feel on top of the world. MasterT agrees wholeheartedly with me so it's not a fluke. Good luck and I hope this works out for you!

Do not take the Prozac.
Quit taking 2-4 pills every time you roll - OVERKILL!!
Take 5-htp when you come down from a roll.
Start taking St. John's Wort daily.

I roll about 2 x's a month on average. I got hit hard one time when I rolled twice in 1 weekend. It has been more then 2 weeks and I still find myself weepy and cranky. I went through a whole bottle of 5-HTP and it did not help.
Or maybe my problem is the only man in my life blows chunks and has screwed me hard recently and has been making me miserable. Go figure. @#$@%&!

5htp does help, start taking it 2-3 days before your roll, then continue the week afterwards until you feel right again. I've been on prozac, and I suggest you take a month off rolling, take prozac every day (don't skip) for that month. after about 2 weeks you'll feel better, it'll get you started, then stop the prozac and use only for post-loading as mentioned in an earlier post. Good luck!

do not take st johns wort the day that u roll... it kills the roll... i dunno if it affects it if u take it the day before though...

I don't seem to get post-E-depression and hears my opinion on why. Only roll or take any other drugs when your feelin your best sober. Drugs are here to enhance not to bring us back up to par. Only when you have a healthy mind and a healthy body will you have the best experiences. Keep smilin, works for me.
PS.
I've never used that 5HTP stuff but I hear more good things about it than bad things, if it really does help build your serotonin levels back up then go for it. Otherwise, stick to smiling, hugz help too.
------------------
IMOKRUOK - Roll On Roll Off

like motorcity said...i agree with him wholeheartedly! we party together every time. save the prozac for post roll and you'll be amazed at how awesome it makes you feel! also try the 5htp as well. also load up on the vitamin c, multi vit and vit b complex to help replenish what you have lost. st. johns wort does wonders for your mood also! good luck!