• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Post-DXM persisting eye dilation... How do I fix this?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I irregularly take DXM nowadays since the old dark-room-OEV's have long passed, but sometimes take it for the psychedelic aspect since for some reason that still holds strong. Problem is, I'd like to function, or maybe just appear slightly more sober than usual for the days following DXM trips.

Usually, I take it at night and trip all night long, getting few hours of sleep. Next morning I feel amazing, have that amazing...ish... DXM hangover and YUGEEE eyes. YUGE. I don't think it's too bad to have them the day after, you know, it's usual considering what it is, but the problem doesn't start exactly there,

It starts at the end of that day, when the dilated eyes DON'T end. They go on, and on, and on, for about a week, or more. It takes a long time after any effects at all have worn off to change the size of my eyes, even when I go outside, eat, fast, sleep, nothing changes it.

I just want to know what's causing this, or what I can do to not appear incredibly high, despite being legitimately sober. Anyone know why this happens/what I can do?

If you're not taking any medication or drugs daily, maybe it's because of very slow metabolism of DXM or its metabolites (but you would get long effects), if not it may be worth medically checking if you have a condition causing it.