Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Portlandia

of the 6(?) episodes from the first season, I could probably edit it down to about 1.5 episodes of actually funny skits.

This--yes, it's quite hit and miss. As a Portlander, I'm of course a bit ambivalent overall, as some of the sketches yield pretty deeply humorous commentary, but others just present a stereotype and expect that to be the gag without developing the joke further.

ebola

^
I have quite a few friends who have tried to get me to watch the show, and I've tried an episode. Maybe that's too small a sample size, but I found it to be more worthy of smirks than belly laughs. I've heard that it's funniest to those who are actually from the Pacific NW, so YMMV.

Yeah...the show's unreliable enough that it's better to watch individual recommended sketches than full episodes.

ebola

my girlfriend tried to get me to watch this. i said no, i secretly watch it on netflix all the time. i just don't want to give her the satisfaction...

Episodes of Portlandia work as a whole, for me, as well as a series of individual sketches.

It's only a couple of hours a year of programming. My time is not that precious.

(I love the sketch were they join finances.)

I put this on to see with my girl, saying it was a recommendation. That's because i read about it here. Don't think i watched more than 10 minutes, we both thought it was unbelievably bad. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time, that's how bad it was.

Truly one of the worst I've seen, in a good way.

Even though it can be hit or miss sometimes, I adore this show. The theme song and Carrie in particular<3