Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Popular drugs by state?

Zowno

Greenlighter
I'm currently living in Melbourne and I have a pretty good idea of the drug flow, the ecology of the drug trade if you like, around Melbourne and to a lesser extent Melbourne, but what about the other states and cities? Which states are the biggest users of what? I may be moving up to Queensland and was wondering if I can expect to run into more "dodgey" drugs, or whether I can expect fields of weed. But I want to open a discussion and talk about Australia wide drug use. Let's go!

There is fortunately very little GHB in Brisbane, or at least they know how to consume it without blowing out like their Melbourne counterparts

Plenty of chop chop up North

This sort of thing in my experience is about who you know. If you're in the know then you can get everything and the quality is high. If you don't know then you can't get most things and when you do the quality is shit. And such comments are likely of no use to you.

^All good man, I don't see any "Dig" in what you posted - I'm really just saying that somewhere someone in any given state will have the best you can get and a lot of it, but unless you know the guy you won't get it. Just because you can't score any doesn't mean it's not around. As an ex-dealer who was very well connected to drug importation and synthesis I always find it funny when I hear people say "Nah man there's none of that around here, don't even bother" - the statement means nothing except that perhaps the streets aren't flooded with said drug - but believe me it's around somewhere. I've personally seen 44 gallon drums of GHB, and not just in the hands of the same people - different drums from different sources. I don't see those drums anymore but that's because I am no longer in the game not because they don't exist. Perhaps they aren't as prevalent anymore but I bet there is still someone somewhere with plenty of it. That's basically what I meant.

It is definitely true that some states have larger amounts and higher quality of certain drugs consistently compared to other states. Cocaine was always consistently more prevalent in Melbourne & Sydney than say Brisbane - but I always put that down to two things - 1. I know that a certain large drug importer lives in Melbourne and 2. There is a larger client base in Melbourne/Sydney for that drug (Music & Television/Movie, actors, presenters, etc who made up the client base as end users).

I was perhaps a little facetious with my comment of "it's who you know" because you're right that there are certain drugs that certain states are more well known for that average Joe can ask around and likely get or not get than compared to other states. It's much easier to score some weed asking around say Byron Bay, than if you asked around Bundaberg.

Its probs abit to hard to compare states because we all have our qualities ? but im from melbourne and love it because GHB is my fav drug of all time! So many people say that juice is juice but if you have the connection you can get coots stuff!
But the problem is with Melbourne is we have allot of puff but the quality isnt there like it used to, your better off trading GHB for puff from Sydney where it is much purer im not really sure on ither states.
But as SKR said its about who you know! Speaking from experience when Melbourne had a massive GHB drought last year know one had any real juice yet i was still able to consistently get good juice in large amounts at the same price and same with a few others.
And when the fish hooks where around last year me and a mate where 2 of few who where still getting them.

The drugs are always there just gotta know what your looking for i guess.

What state do you think has the on average the cheapest drugs?

I'm in Hobart.
By far the most popular/easily accessible drugs here are:
Ice, weed, morphine, speed (dying off due to ice), and prescription pills.
i've found getting good eccies here next to impossible, very hit and miss. Which is annoying because they would have to be my favourite drug :-(
Would love to get my hands on some GHB too but have never come across it.

Oh and I've never seen proper cocaine in Tas, only 'fairy dust'.

I am so sick of hearing all these people saying how popular GHB is!!!! I live close to Sydney, I go to Sydney often and use ice with quite a few gay guys(gay guys are probably the biggest market for G in Australia Id think) and whenever I mention G they either don't use it, don't know what it is or they can get it but aren't going to just drop everything for me.

I had it when I was younger(GBL though) and its been my favourite drug since, I find it nothing like alcohol like so many people say. Id have 2.5ml(not sure if it was cut with water) And it would make me feel unbelievably horny in a way that's not like normal or meth horniness, its a much less seedy sexual feeling than meth and just so engulfing. I cant remember what I combo'd it with but meth and GHB as a gay man, well that could make for a damn good time, that's all i'll say. It also made me extremely euphoric, anxiolytic. It was cheap and it was just perfect! But alas, ever since then I haven't seen it apart from the fish bottles littered around nightclubs.

The people I know who know what it is but don't use it know it as "Fanta" or "Fantasy" & know a lot of people don't know how to use it correctly because ive only heard bad things about it off of BL. I don't drink alcohol so ive never had a problem with it but maybe thats why its not as obviously prevalent as meth is as everyone up here seems to drink a LOT. Apparently ketamine is another much loved drug in the gay world but I haven't seen it in ages and by my username im sure you cn tell im a big fan of the stuff.

Crystal Methamphetamine is the most common drug in my circle of people that call NSW home, then after that Xanax, Heroin and Methadone. That's if you don't count alcohol or nicotine.

Last edited:
Coming from Melbourne, i'd say we have it all except for good coke, comfortably the GHB capital of the country, it's everywhere and nearly all stigma attached to it has been removed, and pretty much everyone has/does do it frequently. And no it's not just for gays...ice and g are used by nearly all sub cultures.
Heroin scene is still strong and perhaps growing in popularity again due to the rise in prescription opiate abuse, although it tends to be used mostly by the older crowd, the median age is something like mid 30's, but it is readily available and if you've got steady connections/not getting ripped, dope is always quality.
Pills seem to be a thing of the past, and have for whatever reason been replaced by MDMA crystal
Similarly speed, although still around, has been taken over by ice
Ketamine has made a bit of revival, was replaced by G many years ago in the club scene, and became even harder to get when it re-scheduled

I am so sick of hearing all these people saying how popular GHB is!!!! I live close to Sydney, I go to Sydney often and use ice with quite a few gay guys(gay guys are probably the biggest market for G in Australia Id think) and whenever I mention G they either don't use it, don't know what it is or they can get it but aren't going to just drop everything for me.

I had it when I was younger(GBL though) and its been my favourite drug since, I find it nothing like alcohol like so many people say. Id have 2.5ml(not sure if it was cut with water) And it would make me feel unbelievably horny in a way that's not like normal or meth horniness, its a much less seedy sexual feeling than meth and just so engulfing. I cant remember what I combo'd it with but meth and GHB as a gay man, well that could make for a damn good time, that's all i'll say. It also made me extremely euphoric, anxiolytic. It was cheap and it was just perfect! But alas, ever since then I haven't seen it apart from the fish bottles littered around nightclubs.

The people I know who know what it is but don't use it know it as "Fanta" or "Fantasy" & know a lot of people don't know how to use it correctly because ive only heard bad things about it off of BL. I don't drink alcohol so ive never had a problem with it but maybe thats why its not as obviously prevalent as meth is as everyone up here seems to drink a LOT. Apparently ketamine is another much loved drug in the gay world but I haven't seen it in ages and by my username im sure you cn tell im a big fan of the stuff.

Crystal Methamphetamine is the most common drug in my circle of people that call NSW home, then after that Xanax, Heroin and Methadone. That's if you don't count alcohol or nicotine.

I live in Sydney and I know a lot of gay men and other queers who use G regularly. Not as many as use meth, but a fair few. I would imagine that there are a lot more people I know who use it without telling me, since I don't use it myself.

Melbourne is the melting pot for diversity and has many clubbing scenes with there preferred drugs. Melbourne bounce seems to have the most ghb users. I prefer trance and I would say that although it is present it really isn't that popular, ecstasy/mdma is still the most preferred drug in that scene, along with coke as well, lots of coke haha

I think everyone would agree that Adelaide has the best and cheapest weed in the country. Like if you want weed Adelaide is the place to go for it.

I think everyone would agree that Adelaide has the best and cheapest weed in the country. Like if you want weed Adelaide is the place to go for it.
Or Northern NSW if you prefer organic outdoor weed.

15-20 years ago that was certainly the case. Now high quality product is produced by connoisseur growers/care groups in select circles in every state.