• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea?

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
I want to make some poppy seed tea, but im not sure exactly what im looking for. I understand that some seeds are washed. How can you tell the difference? Im planning on just going to a local health foods store and buying some organic seeds, but I don't want to waste a whole lot of money. If anyone could give me an idea on dosage, that would be awesome as well. I have a moderate opiate tolerance, I generally take around 40-50 mg of hydrocodone for a moderate high. Thanks in advance!

I was lookin at this last night. I didnt find what I was looking for, but from trip reports and the like istm you need a LOT of seeds; buying 1gr or half oz packs arent going be cost efficient.

Get unwashed poppy seeds, the morphine and codeine are stored in a latex layer on the outside of the poppy seed, so if you get washed don't expect really anything to come about. Washed seeds are usually used for cooking/ recipes. I would get seeds online from a highly reviewed internet retailer so you know exactly what you get, local markets usually only carry washed seeds. Buy in large quantities, don't order like 1 pound, order 5 pounds as you will usually get a huge saving.

Do you take the 40/50 mg of Hydro each day or only once and a while. If only like once a week, I would take anywhere from 300-400 grams the first time. If you do take 40/50 mg of Hydro each day I would take anywhere next to 1 pound (453 grams) and maybe more. Remember when buying poppy seeds, you never know a exact amount of Morphine/ Codeine so be careful. One tray could be way more stronger than another tray.

I'm pretty sure it'd be considered sourcing if I gave you a straight answer here. But the internets #1 auction site has the good stuff. It rhymes with hee hay. Lol

for PST Google is your friend. Start low .. prepare for 10X the constipation ( and sometimes general strength ) than hydro or oxycodone have as a single entity . It lasts much longer as well, sometimes as long as 24hrs. Be careful

I want to make some poppy seed tea, but im not sure exactly what im looking for. I understand that some seeds are washed. How can you tell the difference? Im planning on just going to a local health foods store and buying some organic seeds, but I don't want to waste a whole lot of money. If anyone could give me an idea on dosage, that would be awesome as well. I have a moderate opiate tolerance, I generally take around 40-50 mg of hydrocodone for a moderate high. Thanks in advance!

Habitual PST user here.

The seeds that are unwashed will have a musky smell. It almost smells onion-y to me, not sure if anyone relates. Generally, the seeds that you want are on the darker side with some red in it. But that doesn't mean that lighter seeds are bunk. The ultra light/white looking seeds are generally completely bunk.

Local health stores are ok, most will be to pricey. Try to find a bulk spices store.

In any case, don't do anymore than half a pound your first time. This is according to your stated tolerance.

Just a little warning to consider. I used to be a heavy opiate user. Eventually ending on up methadone and subsequently suboxone. After ceasing my maintenance, I had 3 years of sobriety. I relapsed on seeds and I fell in love of them. I've tried other opiates since then but put 90mg of oxy and 1.5-2lb of A grade seeds and I'm choosing the seeds. PST isn't a joke if you're around good quality seeds. With the tea, you're ingesting multiple opiates. Certainly more than just morphine and codeine. So when you're withdrawing, you're withdrawing from multiple opiates. The wds take about 2 weeks to get over the physical aspect of it. PST has a long half life. Far longer than oxy, hydros or morphine pills. People start PST thinking this is a light opiate they can drop at any time, but that is not the case.

Your experience will greatly depend on the quality of poppy seeds available to you. PST is not racy in feel. It's a gentle relaxation mixed with euphoria that makes you want to sink into whatever you're sitting on.

Thanks for all the answers, I appreciate it I'll be shopping around tommorow. Whats your method of preparing the tea?

Put desired amount of seeds in two liter soda bottle. Fill bottle a 1/4 inch above the seeds. You can use water, I prefer lemonade. Citric acid aids in extraction, but not by much. Shake vigorously for 1 minute, untwist cap slightly and strain(squeezing the bottle) into cup. Repeat the same process for second strain, it'll be around 30% strength of the first strain which is worth it. Even third strain yields some, I do that whenever I'm running low on seeds/funds.

I don't see the reason to boil or letting it sit for hours. Opiates get destroyed at higher temperatures. Letting it sit gives chance for opiates to get absorbed back into the seeds, plus the mixture becomes incredibly disgusting. There's no opiates inside the seeds, just at the coating. Therefore I don't see any reason to do anything but the 2L bottle method, which has never failed me.

one more question, I found a local place that sells poppy seeds in bulk, but their website says they dont have narcotic properties. Are there different types of poppy seeds?

They can say that just to deter people from trying to buy them for that purpose, but you won't know till you try them. If they look really white, they're usually bunk. Though I've done some seeds which by the look of them I thought they'd be useless but was proven wrong.

Can someone with a significant dope tolerance - e.g. shooting several times a week - get off on this tea?

This thread has intrigued me. I always knew about pst/pods but never tried it.

I just ordered a pound. Just a one time thing to say I've tried it (famous last words, amirite?) so you guys are saying half a pound to gauge strength? How long does it take to 'come up' so I don't redoes myself into a coma? Should be here Monday. TIA.

I just ordered a pound. Just a one time thing to say I've tried it (famous last words, amirite?) so you guys are saying half a pound to gauge strength? How long does it take to 'come up' so I don't redoes myself into a coma? Should be here Monday. TIA.

What's your tolerance like?

A pound of pods or seeds? 'Cause that's a big difference.

400g of seeds, on average (0-256ug/mg so I use 100ug/g), contains about 40mg of Morphine, in addition to ~25 trace alkaloids.
With top quality seeds (visible poppy straw particulates) I can get blasted off ~1.2kg (up to 300mg Morphine) with a fairly solid tolerance, but poor quality seeds I could go through kilo after kilo with no effect. It is so variable. Drinking a small amount and waiting 2/3 hours to guage potency of each batch is advised.

^Thanks for this.

To be clear I was talking about seeds. My tolerance is like .5mg bupe or 30mg oxy, it's really quite small, but I'm dependent nonetheless. I use Kratom daily rather than more traditional opioids.

^Thanks for this.

To be clear I was talking about seeds. My tolerance is like .5mg bupe or 30mg oxy, it's really quite small, but I'm dependent nonetheless. I use Kratom daily rather than more traditional opioids.

I think about 3/4lb would be good per your tolerance. The seeds peak in about 45-60 minutes, I can feel them coming on within 15-20 minutes. I compulsively re-dose all the time, but really it's best to wait 10-12hrs with my metabolism. When I first started out, dosing at 6pm would have me still feeling them at noon the next day. But now since my body is used to PST I start withdrawing within 15 hours of last dose.

So I got muh seeds.

After reading about this shit all weekend I decided to go with a quarter pound. I loaded em into a 1 liter bottle, filled with water, real lemon juice and shook. The resulting liquid was too murky to see through with a very earthy taste, but I mixed it with grapefruit juice so I can't comment on the true bitterness.

I just drank it and am awaiting effects.

Will update.

T+00:30 Feeling the physical effects, nothing going on in the brain yet. Just the rubber leg feeling, relaxation, warmth in the inner chest/upper abdomen, tingly in the arms and some spaceyness. I skipped my normal Kratom this morning so I shouldn't be feeling A-OK, which is how I feel now.

T+01:00 This stuff is verrrry creepy as in it creeps up on you slowly. I washed half a pound and drank that 10 minutes ago so now I am at 3/4 of a pound per the advice of the poster above me. I am satisfied, going to ride this dose out and see where it brings me. Takes much longer than I'm used to on the come-up but it's much more of an opiate feeling (morphine duh?) than Kratom.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention...a sign of hitting jackpot is dark brown strain. I don't use grapefruit because it significantly shortens my high.

It does creep up on you, a very slow come up.

Yeah, PST kicks Kratom's ass in terms of the high feel. The withdrawals from PST are also more severe.

My first time I did seeds, I did a pound and got way too high. I had not used any opiates in 3 years and I didn't take the PST serious until I dosed at 7pm and was high probably till noon of the next day(throwing up in the morning) and still feeling some afterglow when I went to bed.