• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Pope Francis

Jesus Christ, the old pope sure was a terrible sight.

981383_z3371303X_1.jpg

I didn't take so much notice of it before, because my extra-sensory perception wasn't so good. But now my clairsentience, or ability to sense energies, has been completely developed so this is harsh to look at. I don't even know how to describe it, but it makes me want to throw up.

When you say there are bad people in the world you don't really imagine anything like that.
(Don't look into his eyes, they're like portals to a bad place).

There are some in the Catholic world who see Francis as the 8th head of the beast, the one who takes down the Church. They count from 1929 when the Vatican became a State (from 'the heads are kings' part of the Rev verses)

In their view, Francis is not a real Pope because he was ordained under Vatican 2 and so is not a 'real' priest, and that is why he is making so many changes to their orthodoxy. I think they link him into gaining power of the EU and somehow that leads to the end of the Church as it is.

They are distinctly "Not Happy, Jan!" about him. :D

And yes, Ratzinger looks evil - maybe too much time playing with Nazis?

Yes, but this isn't just one soul. It's like looking at a whole city of souls. It's a community of many souls in th same body.

We believe that since Jesus was male, and he only chose male as his apostles, that women cannot represent him when giving confessions or consecrating the host. Based on tradition, women can not imitate Christ in the Church. I'm sure a priest or theologian would have a more exact and detailed answer, but this is what I understand. If you got any more questions, I'm willing to answer them, but understand that this is stuff I have been taught and believe, I am not looking to argue or be subjugated by "trolls" or anything like that, that goes for everyone on this thread. I'm just trying to give a Catholic's two cents into the convo...

But don't you think that was more of a product of the fact that in the time of Jesus' life, women had no rights at all? It was still believed that women were inferior at that time (as is suggested throughout the OT). Of course there were no female spiritual leaders or apostles. I have a hard time envisioning Jesus as believing that women can't "represent him" (is that what priests are supposed to do anyway?)

edit: I was in a hateful mood when I posted this.

Pope Francis seems alright. I'm not Catholic though.

Last edited:
Wow...

If you think it's not okay for a spiritual leader to be homosexual, does that not indicate a belief that they are inferior to non-homosexuals?

And see my post right above yours for the men vs women thing. It was the result of societal prejudices that women were not to be listened to, not the result of divine word. As is the myth of the garden of eden and eve leading to the "fall of man". You have to look at ancient writings in the context of their times.

Attitudes like your are part of why the world is such a messed up place. Bigotry disguised as righteousness. Even in your own mind. I'm sure you don't consider these opinions bigoted but think about it.

Last edited:
Francis is scum. He's a fucking communist, I think he's a homosexual too which is alright but not for a pope.

Recently he said some shit about don't listen to men listen to women http://rt.com/news/223767-listen-women-pope-francis/

Saying don't listen to men only listen to woman is blasphemy. The Bible says the opposite. For example, Adam listened to Eve, leading to man's fall from grace.

Oh boy. I hope you are kidding.

And Jesus was a communist too, basically... he advocated spreading wealth from the rich to the poor.

When people relate to religion more as a social/political thing they can't really spread the spiritual message.

^Most religion (as in organised religion) is social/political. The spiritual seems to be subsumed by moral proscription and half-assed laws. That's one reason why the idea of a christian mystic is quite novel to me; I utterly do not associate it with mysticism or revelation. That's from being raised a catholic, and despite a certain admiration for the churches rituals, I find (and always found) them to be devoid of deeper meaning and revolve mainly around attempts to control a persons fundamental thoughts. So much catholic doctrine is based on ethics and not at all on personal experience of divinity. Hardly any of the most well known restrictions of the catholic church (no sex before marriage, birth control, anti-homosexuality, celibacy oppression of women) are espoused by Jesus himself. I feel an incredible and insurmountable distance between myself and most organised religion because of the arbitrary nature of most.

Xorky said:
And Jesus was a communist too, basically... he advocated spreading wealth from the rich to the poor.

True. I think christianity may have functioned better if promoted as a class structure or political system rather then the immaterial, nebulous and contradictory attempts at creating a moral and spiritual system from a pretty insusbstantial origin.