• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Polyneuropathy after RC use?

THCified

Bluelighter
I'm a bit f***ed today, because 2 days ago i realised both of my toes are a bit dumb, especially the left one. It's not that i'm having no more feelings to them, but they feel a bit cold all the time and it mostly feels like they've "slept in", but doesn't going to get normal again.

If you Wiki "Polyneuropathy" you'll see their are many different reasons which can cause it, and i also read it could be because of intoxication, and since we don't know much about most RCs we don't know much about any long term effects on the body.

I'm almost sure i'm just brainf***ing myself here, because it could also have something to do with my irregular back pains which i'm having, if i haven't done any sports for some days or because of my naturally very low blood pressure, but it kinda makes me scary so my question is...:

Has anybody taking RCs (like MPA, MXE, MDPV, 6-APB, 4-MEC, MDAI and so on) have had similar reactions?

I should add, regarding to what i've read on the net i'm a definitive lightweight, irregular user, consume-wise, so the possibily of a toxin induced Polyneuropathy should be very low - but, who knows...

Thanks a lot!

I'm going to move this to OD, as I think that you might get better responses there. Mods-- please move as required, I'm not sure if OD's the right place or not for it. Thanks!

My "Polyneuropathy" has gone and i'm alive, so let's all rrrrrave on RC's till late night -YEEEEHAW- :D

PS: Probs i got probably were because of spine issues, wtf knows.

Hi again,

really thought my issues were gone but they're still there.
Since i wrote the post above, i noticed a decrease in paresthesia, escpecially in my right foot, my left food has gone better but the "feeling" never totally disappeared.

In the months from then to now i realized the following:

-it's getting worse if i drink alcohol or take substances like m1 or mxe, for example. For alcohol, at first it's going to be better, surely because of the analgesic properties of booze, but as soon as the alcohol is out of my system it's worse than before for a few days.

So it seems that neurotoxic substances lead to a definite increase in symptoms.

-i noticed it's also getting worse if i'm under much stress. Some weeks ago my symptoms were almost non-existent till i got caught in a, for me, very stressful situation and i noticed a direct increase in symptoms, mostly in my feet (numbness in toe) and a twitching eyelid (!).

-i'm sick atm (infection) and it's also worse now, which means that also sickness leads to more pronounced symptoms. My hands are falling asleep at night atm, something i only had at nights when i drank alcohol since the symptoms first appeared. I never had that before.

I totally stopped drinking alcohol, taking other substances, even coffee atm, and hope for recovery - but i'm honestly really desperate.

Someone else with these symptoms or any ideas of the cause?

Could this neuropathic disease caused by intoxication?

After much reading i think it's peripheral neuropathy, because the symptoms manifest themselves only in my hands and feet, mostly the latter.

Tried many things the last months, including vitamin b-supplementation, detox (as far as possible) and so on, but nothing helped.

Any little bit of information and help would be really appreciated!

I highly doubt it's neuropathy.

Some people just have intriniscally poor bloodflow to their feet/toes. Vasoconstricting stimulant/psychedelic drugs generally aggravate this condition temporarily.

My "Polyneuropathy" has gone and i'm alive, so let's all rrrrrave on RC's till late night -YEEEEHAW-

This is very much the wrong attitude to handle aproblem like this with.

None of the RC's on the market as such are "neurotoxic", unless you take a massive OD, so I would see what your doc thinks about your feet.

ive often experienced that the fingertips on my left hand start to tingle a bit when using mdpv, and sometimes a few days after. a doc in detox told me that this was most likely due to bad blood circulation...but he also was not sure about it.

read: playing with rc´s is russian roulette. we all should remember that more often...

are you sure it's substance related? I had the same thing happen from working a really tough manual labor job, lasted for a few months and went away. Then again i've had the whole side of my foot go numb for months after withdrawing from valium. In both cases it went away after several months.

Many thanks for those replies :)

I highly doubt it's neuropathy.

Some people just have intriniscally poor bloodflow to their feet/toes. Vasoconstricting stimulant/psychedelic drugs generally aggravate this condition temporarily.

This is very much the wrong attitude to handle aproblem like this with.

None of the RC's on the market as such are "neurotoxic", unless you take a massive OD, so I would see what your doc thinks about your feet.

Oh God believe me, i'd kiss my own ass (or would die tryin') if it isn't neuropathy.

I've indeed very low BP and i also realized that in a bad way when taking some things that lower the BP even more, like cannabis or opiates/opioids, but what's the explanation for the numbness in the tip of my toes (mostly the left one) and on one point of my left thumb then?

The "rrrrrave on RC's"-thing was just a joke!

How do you come to the conclusion that RCs are not neurotoxic?

are you sure it's substance related? I had the same thing happen from working a really tough manual labor job, lasted for a few months and went away. Then again i've had the whole side of my foot go numb for months after withdrawing from valium. In both cases it went away after several months.

Exactly ^THIS is, what makes everything a bit tricky. Started a new job some time ago and it's tbh tough, especially to my hands and feet. It could also be very possible that they're overexerted, but what i know is that my symptoms were so much better until i had a 3-day alcohol binge and returned home with both toes numb, again.

It's gotten better since then, but now, let' say after taking some MXE (escpecially the first 1-3 days afterwards), my hands and feet are extremely tingly and this is substance related - but not just to one single substance. I've tried that.

Believe whatever you want to believe. You can choose to imagine that ingesting table salt is neurotoxic if you want.

None of the "RCs" are notably close to known neurotoxins.

The cathinones' major toxicity comes from overdose - vasoconstriction, heart rate elevation, raised b.p., raised temperature. Unlike the amphetamines they are not directly detrimental to monoamine synthesis.

MDMA has been shown to be neurotoxic predominantly in chronic, high-dose use or with overdose. The analogs (APB et cetera) don't suggest any more toxicity as they are not notably very much more effective as monoamine releasers.

Ketamine's only suspicion of neurotoxicity came from a cautionary individual Olney who saw that rats recieving NMDA antagonists developed "holes in their brains" - vacuoles/Olneys lesions. However these results have never been duplicated in primates. Ketamine is actually being touted as a neuroregenrative to be used for depression. So MXE and the PCP analogs are probably safe.

Most of the compounds out today are only "neurotoxic" if you do obviously bad things. Almost none of them are directly toxic to cells either.

The most worry you should have is the presence of cyanide impurities in PCP analogs.

If you were ingesting phosgene, hexane, etc... actual neurotoxins, it would be a different case.

Perhaps it could be some kind of nerve inflammation?

I visited various docs in the past half year, but they hadn't much of an answer except sending me to a neurologist. I'm desperately waiting now to get an appointment, but it'll take at least some more 2-3 months to see one, which makes me crazy.

Thing i notized is, if i -by accident- hit some (nerve tracts?) points on my body, i'm getting paresthesia like an electric shock. Let's say, for example, i accidently hit the outside of my upper arm, it's possibly i'm getting a stabbing "electric" pain which runs from my arm straight to my hand. It's really weird, like i'm hypersensitive to it!?

And i don't wanna believe something is neurotoxic, or that i'm suffering neuropathic pain, i'm just trying to figure out while waiting for a doc to give me some help.

Like i said, it makes me crazy, can't think straight and work properly atm in normal life because i think my health is in real danger.

I hope no one's getting bored to death when i'm raping this thread again...

-i visited a neurologist in the meantime, which wanted to send me straight to hospital (almost saw the $$$ in his eyes). He said, from what he'd heard, it sounds like polyneuropathy...but tbh i really don't think so anymore. Spoke to another doc which mentioned "Lyme disease", but i'm also unsure about that. I'm honestly not feeling "worse enough" to go to hospital for 1-2 weeks, that's ridiculous, and my house doc said it's more or less just for the money 8o

She also said it couldn't be bad to make some specific tests and it could be done for the sake of clarification, but she don't think to expect "great" results...and i hardly believe she speaks out of experience.

-the so-called paresthesia seems to be caused by opioids/opiates. I've relatively low BP/Pulse (Pulse mostly somewhere between 50-65) and with them it's of course "worse", so my hands are getting tingly. I noticed it's especially pronounced in my hands, but also in my feet.

So i've found the reason for that.

-my toes are almost like before (big toes slightly numb), it's not really better, but has also not gotten worse.

It may sound stupid, but does anyone knows/think it could be possible that i've bruised nerves in my feet or that they are overexhausted (i'm on my feet very much @ work) and also work out in the gym and do calf raises (with 100kg+)?

Last edited:
I see professionals giving you their professional opinions and you dismissing them and going with your own speculation.

What do you want us to tell you?

If you meant professionals giving me their own speculation, then you're right. I dismiss them.

I know it's hard for them to tell because there are near endless possibilities for what it possibly could be, but i've not that much trust in modern medicine and am disgusted about how people are getting threated in this system.

But i know my body better than anyone else.

I know what i do, what i make, what i ingest...

But contrary to my posts above it isn't consuming me anymore, it annoys me.

I'm just sure the answer is so simple.

So please don't misunderstand me here, i'm not in desperate seek for help, i'm just here to see if perhaps people experienced similar things (like RobotRipping for example) and found out the cause.

Last edited:
Hi! I actualy joined this forum just to reply in this thread, cause me to have had similar problems after shooting the RC Brephedrone.

I only used 1 gram, and I know for sure, my problems was a result of using this RC. I injected the substance, missed some, and the day after I had this verry powerfull reaction in my arm. It was like a hard "cake" of concrete. It spooked me, but I was in a hurry leaving for Thailand for vacation. In the beginning I was more upset with my self for just iv`ng a not wellknown substance and the fact that my arm realy looked fucked up. I remember in Thailand, I was embarresed to go out not wering long sleved shirts, but I found out it was ok after half a boutle of thai-whiskey.

Anyway, maybe 2 or 3 weeks in my trip in Thailande, the mark/cake/concrete-shit in my arm reduced it selfe and vanished. Prior to this I had been thinking about goin to a Thai doctor, to get them to "cut it out", or since I didnt find this so appeling, maby even cut it out my selfe, or inject water with saltsolution or whatever to make it better. Anyway I decided to let it be, and go to a doctor as soon as I came home to Sweden instead.

Anyway... in the same timeperiod my "shit in my arm" vanished over a couple of days, I started to have quite scaring experiences. When I woke up in the mornings in my hotelroom, I couldnt stretch my legs out, it was like "hard resistance" or almost like paralized. I could stretch them out, but it was difficult, and EXTREEMELY PAINFULL. It took me a good while to manage to stretch my legs, one at a time, SCREAMING. Afterwards I was "puzzeled" (dont know if I use the correct word here...) and confused about the experience for a while, but I kind of forget about it (I was quite medicated with painkillers, and tranquilisers, sleeping meds, alcohol). This procedure however repeted itself for a few times. Enormous (?) pains in the mornings, just to stetch out my legs, so I could be able to get out of bed.

Even after getting massage on the beach, when they asked me to turn around, I had some of these symptoms. And the Thai girls was almost scared. I was also, somehow, and I was thinking, maby I had come in contact with some kind om yellyfish or something, because I also had this EXTREME PAINS, (this i remember now for the first time, its 15 months ago now about) at the back of my legs. Like burning pain, like "knife-wound-fire", cant explain. But I thought it could come from a yelllyfish-thread. Excuse me for my not so super-english.

I came home to Sweden, and after a while I startde to google different symptoms. The pain, when waking up stretching my legs was gone now, and also this at the back of my legs, this superintence burning, that made my eyes whet, was also gone. But now it was more like I was partly numb, aspecially over my legs, with almost no feeling in them if I pinched myselfe, and a bit "tingeling". Also felt this in hands and feets, but mostly in my biggest muscles in my legs.

I got extremely paranoid after reading about polyneuropathi. It didnt seem like a fun dissease to get. I felt sorry for my family. And I was realy anxious. Some days I couldnt work and so on. Felt so bad. Game over... Well so I went to the hospital, and they took tests, sent me to anonther bigger hospital for specialdoctors and more tests. I told them everything, and they took me verry serious. They also x-rayed my hole body/spine and did strange tests pushchin needles in my body, using heat and cold, and vibrations.

I actually had all the symptoms of polyneuropathy exept I could feel "miniature-vibrations" (they had a special "vibrator" for this test... and no... they used it on my toes!)
This lack of loss of abilety to feel vibrations together with the fact that my symptoms where reducing, instead of increasing, led them to the conculsion, I had not Neuropolypati..

I read a lot about the deseace and I must say, I think I got it, through poisoning by metals or something else neurtoxit when shooting this shitty Brephedrone substance. Anyway, my doctor told me there are many many neurological deseases and sicknesses/problems, and all might not even have a name. She was verry happy for me, not being able to give me the diagnosis, and she told me neurological damage heals, but it takes verry verry long time.

Now about 15 or 16 months after injekting this fxxxxd-up superdangerous shit, I still have some symptoms, but now its more like I have to think about them to feel them, to be aware about them. For the first say 6-8 months, they had my attension the hole time, it was impossible to ignore, it was tingeling sensations, it was reduced feeling, it was hightened feeling, I couldnt tell the difference between hot and cold, and it was so annoying and scaring.

So I feel good now. Actualy been 100% sober since this.. but latley, I noticed me, trying to convince me, its time for a rush of some kind, thinking 4-fma or 3-mmc.. I hope you dont feel Im totaly stupid, because Im not, but sometimes with drugs, my judgement is not so good... And whatever, you can think what you want. But be careful when taking new substances. This Brephedrone was at the time not verry well known, it was new, even for being a rc drug. This was so stupid to iv. So stupid. I hope I never do this again.

Take care

Good to hear you're better now. My symptoms are mostly gone, it's still there but very very weak, dunno 100% if THIS is really the reason for it becoming better, but after that trip the symptoms were nearly gone/non-existant.

This is a very real possibility because the affect that RC's have on the body in the long or even short term have not been studied. Hence why I will never order some random chemical from the internet and snort, smoke or shoot it.

RC's are reckless
just my 2 cents.

I don't think RCs are bad per se.

What do you think about random bought chemicals on the street, or from your friend, or wtf do i know about where you get what you're craving for? Do you think this "known" drugs are safer? Of course, in it's effects perhaps at least up to some point, but i know absolutely nothing about unknown long-term effects of RCs like we all do, like we also don't know about the effects on the human body from impurities ones ingesting with stuff bought on the street, or from your friend, or...you got the point, he?

My "Polyneuropathy" has gone and i'm alive, so let's all rrrrrave on RC's till late night -YEEEEHAW- :D

honestly I thought this was sarcasm at first then realized you were OP lol. So is polyneuropathy like fibromyalsia or something where it's painful, or your brains just screwed to where you don't feel that your toes are there...? Or is it like you have cold toes and need to put on your knitted shawl and reading glasses lol.

and you're right, the (very very hit or miss) purity of RCs make's them IN MY OPINION seemingly a healthier alternative to a untrustworthy unclean chemist five guys down the chain of distribution and cuts... at least in the short run, maybe the purity make's the drugs more prone to causing actual changes in brain chemistry, rather than just fuck your shit up from raunchy cuts.

No, it was me =D

Btw what i meant is nothing you can fix with putting your feet under a warm blanket. I think it has more to do with brain chemistry, sometimes i also thought about having fibromyalgia because i had muscle pains troughout my whole body, not just at specific points. I don't know where it came from nor how and why it disappeared, but after i came back from my last, very deep MXE journey, it was mostly gone. There is no comparison for before and after, i just feel healthy again.

I don't even wanna go that far and say that it was actually the drug that made me fine again, i just don't know what happened. If it stays like this or even gets better, then i'm one hell of a fucking happy person.

I should add that i'm suffering at least two spinal disc herniations and have a history of problems with my back and in addition, i'm working a more or less tough job which is physically demanding so i don't know what role's this playing in regard to my probs?