• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police crack $2bn ecstacy drug ring SMH 24/8/01

simon: I think pseudo-ecstacy is the current 'buzz werd' the media are using for anything sold as ecstacy that doesn't contain MDXX (ie: K-pills, speedbombs, shite like that).
While it seems that the police have failed to make a dent in the MDXX distributors, they have helped us out by taking out what appears to be the shite end of the trade. The only problem with that is the real stuff will get more expensive as the total supply is down (by how much - who knows), and it could also lead to some really bad stuff getting on the market. Start testing those pills people - we might be in for some wierd results...

Crazy Australian.. never fear when major players get nabbed.
WHy u ask?
Cause there is always someone down the ranks who will take their place.
smile.gif

Simon, my tips on 'how to fluff up a report':
- make the bust sound really big
- make the street value 4x what it is really worth
- type 'amphetamine, ephidrine, psuedo-ephidrine, ketamine' which all = pseudo-ecstacy when pressed into a pill
- then type 'pseudo-ecstacy' as well so people think it is another thing (even though it is just any of the above pressed into a 'designer drug pill')
well thats the way I read it... pls tell me if I'm wrong. Its just a great way to make a report read better.
Why didnt the above two reports come up when I loaded the page... oh well.
P.s. I really just like repeating what pundi said.
[This message has been edited by Munchee (edited 25 August 2001).]

I agree with what people r saying about the total supply dropping of various drugs etc.
As the reports indicated they were involved in number of drugs.
These were undoubtedly big players, and the police have worked hard to get them.
I just dont like false and misleading statements rom them or in the media and thats where my confidence is pointed at. I dont pretend to know the fine points of the investigation or what the ring was doing.
But, other than what the police and media have said, WHERE is the EVIDENCE that the ephedrine found would be made into 40 million shit pills.
And not 400-500kg of methylamphetamine, to be traded and sold as METH by the ounce, gram, bag etc, which is far far more likely.
Maybe some meth would end up in pills but not the whole 500kg!!??
No one has busted a lab with a pill press have they. If the ephedrine was found there, it would be different.
I just think the police r trying to pretend they have dented the infamous E (or "pill") market.
I dont like the newspaper saying, police seised this ephedrine, a KEY INGREDIENT in the MANUFACTURE of ECSTASY.
At BL we have always been about Ecstasy = MDMA, and thats what i am defending.
Not the drug trade or the assumed insignificance of busting a major syndicate.
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 25 August 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 25 August 2001).]

sorry...
can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on in that picture?
yours confusedly
Snrub
p.s. i laughed when i heard about those pseudo-pills and even had a go at explaining to my mum how inaccurate the reporting was (without looking like i knew TOO much...
smile.gif
)

Pseudoephedrine is to Meth, what nothing is to MDMA. Nature doesn't make the MD version of pseudoephedrine. To try to insert that little MD group onto the ring of pseudo, is from a chemistry perspective, difficult and impractical.
Pseudo has shown up in lab analyzed pills, and it certainly would be present in some of the more shitty meth. Perhaps this was to be the ephedrine summer of receding gums, shakes and itches.
Realistically it would have been used to make Meth. Pure and simple! And as for the amount siezed on a scale of national production estimates?......
Maybe we should thank the police if they did in fact eliminate an undesirable substitute for MDMA. A similar objective to many harm reduction groups. Well done!

people we do have to remember, these people are major players, even though the cops got em with a shiteload of pseudo-eph doesn't mean they weren't major players in importing MDMA, in fact they were very likely to be involved in that as well.
When you bust people like this it takes a while for everyone to relax again and for trade routes to reopen, people to take over as head honcho etc etc, so you might very likely see a reduction in imported pills as well as a reduction in speed and speed bombs etc.
Keep your fingers crossed that perhaps they were only into speed and speed bombs and all the MDMA importers weren't affected, however I find this difficult to beleive.

i dont understand all the bitching about the use of psuedo-ecstasy...
the first thing that went through my head was that the police must have identified that the amphetamine from the psuedo-eph was being pressed into pills.
so yeah.. it was turned into meth but was being SOLD as ecstasy....
feasible???

The problem was the way the pseudo part got dropped off so easily in most of the media reports.
And come on....40 MILLION meth pills.
Its just misleading and exaggerrated reporting.