View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Plugging LSD?

TheodoreRoosevelt

Bluelighter
Discussion on plugging LSD - is it any different, is it stronger/need less for same dose, etc. If plugging is better why would you ever eat it instead of plugging?

Thanks.

Please, no homophobic or ignorant comments. The last thread on this, from 10 years ago, is full of fucking homophobic douchebags, so let's keep that there eh? Sticking something up your butt is a lot better than fucking smoking tar or ripping your nose if you think about it logically anyways. If you can't participate in this discussion without some ignorant, homophobic bullshit than go find some other hate-filled forum to spew your shit in. We're all well aware of how fucking gay it is to stick something up your butt, so fuck off (it's not really gay if you get your girl to do it, etc).

I'm really not sure if it would work at all. LSD is famous for it's fragility, the chlorine in tap water can wreck it as far as I'm aware. Provided you managed to get your LSD dissolved in something that won't instantly kill it (distilled de-ionised water) or purchase LSD in solution (liquid lucy) you could, in theory, plug it.
However there is still one major variable; the conditions in your colon, they may not be as accommodating to LSD as the inside of your stomach, The pH would probably be much higher than stomach acid (less acidic, probably about pH 7.5-9, at a guess) but pH and other conditions and chemicals there would still vary and depending on what you've eaten, what bacteria live there, if you are currently infected with any parasites, how many dickings your backside has recieved that day because all people who plug are instantly gay (sarcasm), the list goes on As I've listed, the variables are quite large, I'm no expert on what's inside a man's asshole but as I've said before, these variables could even change with what you've eaten, so plugging one day might work when another wouldn't. The solution to this would be to use some sort of de-chlorinated saline douche to clean out your rectum before plugging.

That's all I can really say about the subject, I've never tried it myself as I've never had a vial of liquid before :( but I can't see it being dangerous in any way, so you could try it yourself, or see if someone with more experience comes along.

Since I rarely post here I can't really comment on OP's worry of the whole homophobic anti-plugging sentiment, all I can say to that is; wise the fuck up. You are not getting any sexual pleasure from the act of plugging. To a man the act of plugging is about as sexual inserting a tampon is to a woman; both vaguely resemble sexual activity but neither are sexual, they are a means to an end.

Last edited:
I heard it has been done, and the LSD acted predictably. A bit stronger, faster to come up and fade.

There was a thread not that long ago actually, but the consensus is generally that you might as well take it orally as the effects were the same, and the come up was perhaps slightly faster, but not by any significant amount.

Yeah LSD is highly bioavailable via the oral route (it is actually absorbed fundally, meaning before it gets to your stomach). So there is probably no point to plugging, but I'm curious too if anyone has any experience with it, enough that they could say for certain whether it made a difference.

And yeah, years back there were a lot of people in PD who were freaked out by discussion of rectal administration. There was this one guy (I can't remember his name) who was convinced that the mods (I was one at the time) were on an evil mission to "corrupt" kids into being gay through plugging. Totally ridiculous. As if sticking drugs in your ass has anything to do with sexuality. Usually people who react this way are just reacting to their own insecurity and perhaps unaddressed homosexuality.

I've snipped up tabs and smashed them into a solution with water and iv'd them and found literally no difference than eating them. Probably could apply to rectal as well

Lol.. it's bad when you wanna trip so bad that you can't wait 20 minutes for it to kick in..

I'm just bumping this, purely because I am doing my own little re browse on accounts of plugging LSD, and I saw...BLUELIGHT!

So if I found it, others would.

I read the responses.

Now, starters, plugging the LSD works not just equally but gigantically stronger in my recent experience.

But using water isnt the way to do it. Straight up tabs. I let them absorb a little distilled water first to really soften them up, then insert so all surfaces are tightly squeezed in that little area.

It has worked every time. It's very different to oral. It bypasses the metabollic phase.

Just for information sake. And I advise really to not plug more than 600 ug in one dose.

I would eat up to 1500 ug, but I will never consider nor would have in better wisdom plugging a milligram. It's the only time I've ever felt real side effects, in overdose fashion and I've never had such a trip, as in still now 5 days on, from such a small dose really.

So do exercise some caution. 600 ug plugged was insanely heavy. That would be the maximum really if administered efficiently.

Last edited:
I wonder what the mechanism is for how it could be so much stronger, given LSD is absorbed fundally (not in the stomach via normal metabolic pathway), and is nearly 100% bioavailable orally/sublingually. For that matter, sublingual bypasses first pass metabolism too. Even injecting LSD intravenously is reported to not result in an instant trip, it still takes time to build. LSD is strange in that it entirely clears the bloodstream around the time it peaks, and its long effects are due to it locking into the receptors in a unique way and then causing a cascade of signaling.

I wonder what the mechanism is for how it could be so much stronger, given LSD is absorbed fundally (not in the stomach via normal metabolic pathway), and is nearly 100% bioavailable orally/sublingually. For that matter, sublingual bypasses first pass metabolism too. Even injecting LSD intravenously is reported to not result in an instant trip, it still takes time to build. LSD is strange in that it entirely clears the bloodstream around the time it peaks, and its long effects are due to it locking into the receptors in a unique way and then causing a cascade of signaling.
Hey man. Normally I defer to your far greater knowledge in these things. But I’ve been reading quite a bit of research on this following @AutoTripper recent adventure. It’s seems that oral bioavailability is around 70% and hepatic metabolisation begins very rapidly though I think you are probably right about sub-lingual bypassing that process and the most recent research confirms the ‘locking in’ process and downstream effects cascade on other receptor systems once it hits 5HTP2A.

There's two more ways to do acid, that's eye right and it's extremely lethal and then plugging which I also spoke with a comrade of mine a few yrs back thinks that the biggest race is to not fart for an hour, bc otherwise your drug is evaporating and by high, we got to a conclusion that it only hits much faster by let's say 10m even less, because is goes through ur bloodstream and your liver isn't losing that much, and pretty much that's it. It hits faster but lasts the same which means.. same high :)

That's exactly what I'm wondering, already I was from about March this year, but lost interest thinking about it.

Now I'm interested in piecing a view.

If you told me now, I took just 1 mg orally, 6 days ago it would make no semse.

I felt more settled last night, and woke for toilet this a.m. short sleep, feeling fresher, more normal.

Tuesday and wednesday this week were utterly hellish.

If I had felt exactly this way waking those days, they would have been alright.

I still feel so high though. It's like the best afterglow, really spaced out state. Acid has never had this level of effect on me, and in late Feb I took 1.875 x that dose orally after a 6 week break, I don't remember it really, it was the start of a heavy run, I wasn't gone on it, just wasn't impactful enough to recall.

This trip won't be forgotten. It's the single most impactful dose of acid I've felt.

I really can't postulate why it should act so differently, thanks very much @Perforated for your reply and insightful overview in the other thread, that was really interesting, helpful as well.

I saw useful imagery reading that, I was looking back to the dose like rhe Big Bang lol when I read your imaginative and entertaining way of putting some solid based logic towards the overall difference to this trip.

I was already agreed on your last word there- just a case of overdoing it.

It just showed me, because I've always trusted that as long as your head is in the right place while you trip, there won't be any repercussions within even accidental overdoses reported, 40 mg's, 55, 12 etc, that isn't necessarily so.

Because I had no bad time on it. Life is a bad time lately but that was no bad trip.

It may be overstimulation to my nervous system, that will take a while to calm down.
That feels logical to me now. I am more settled today. It feels like I tripped on 350 ug yesterday, after a long break, and I'm in the luminous waking afterglow of that.

Weed and Kava has helped me a lot last few days. I'm less interested in benzos too, like it's not in my thoughts at all, just taking like water when thirsty.

@AutoTripper the thing in your case that confounds what we know from all the research is that you have a very heavy diet of Kava and Cannabis. No doubt they significantly influenced the 'set' of your rectal trip also. Taking a 1 mg dose orally when full of Kava and Cannabiscould have also given you a surprisingly heavy trip. I don't recommend that you try it though.

That said, I currently have such a stock of LSD tabs that I think I'm going to shove a few vodka soaked ones up my ass just for the hell of it. I'll be interested to see if that route attenuates tolerance in any way. Not sure what dose to go with. I'm thinking if I wait until 7 days from my last acid then 300 ug ought to be within the bounds of sanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
@AutoTripper the thing in your case that confounds what we know from all the research is that you have a very heavy diet of Kava and Cannabis. No doubt they significantly influenced the 'set' of your rectal trip also. Taking a 1 mg dose orally when full of Kava and Cannabiscould have also given you a surprisingly heavy trip. I don't recommend that you try it though.

That said, I currently have such a stock of LSD tabs that I think I'm going to shove a few vodka soaked ones up my ass just for the hell of it. I'll be interested to see if that route attenuates tolerance in any way. Not sure what dose to go with. I'm thinking if I wait until 7 days from my last acid then 300 ug ought to be within the bounds of sanity.
Yes even 250 ug is very worthwhile.

300 should be a good water tester. It's safe below a point, maybe safe anyway just with time to settle, I feel less damaged today but really wasted still.

I'm really not ready to see my chirpractor tomorrow who I've a really good relationship with.

I'm still really spaced out, integrating.

What you say about the saturation with cannabinoids and kavalactones is very relevant too. I did use so much cannabis with this trip, and kava, before during and since.

Each time I trip I eat huge doses of edibles which really accelerates it and extends the peak, with vaporization on top.

So with every trip, I've been maximumly saturated with those other two. As long as no lasting harm is done, period of suffering afterwards to outweigh the purpose, and no unpleasant actual trip, I go all out for intensity, and using high doses of edibles with the kava, with a wide variety of long cured outdoor strains to throw in a vaporizer, it's like a juggling act, livng within means, still breathing air lol, and keeping all dials at maximum appreciable levels.

But I long ago grew used to, not tired though of that interaction and added intensity.

Plugging really takes LSD up a huge notch for me.

I did take LSD by eye too, uptil 2004, at least 5 times.

I remember the trips, exactly how it worked and felt, qualitatively and quantatively, vs orally with the same tabs and batches.

It does work by eye. It is stronger. I could navigate my memory and give more account, but to me it just isn't worth talking about.

I am talking about plugging it though. This time also, because that was very useful as well the info on insertion depth and journey to the brain. I've done both, with my March plugging experiments.

This time, I purposely placed the ten strip not too far in, squeezed without entering the colon.

To the extent I could feel the strip there.

It occured to me I could possibly still remove it if I changed my mind. I doubted that would have been possible, but it was so strong in under 5 minutes, there was no point viewing that as a possibility.

The instantness, speed and intensity was amazing. Other times I have let the tabs slide right through, I think they have a tendancy to be drawn up as they soften and breakdown too before inevitable evacuation in fragments, so residuals would arguably take the different route.

But this rapid absorption was with just inserted in that canal. I was aiming for 1.5 inches deep say, but really it was a case of leaving the strip just to the edge of the exit.

It did the ticket. If I pluugged again, I would do the same. I wanted to get the fastest, maximum absorption, before dosing.

I had an idea, thought to ask here in case a better suggestion was presented.

I had the right idea though.

I think, I'll be okay. Every day is very different. My energy is picking up. I can see a future again.

LSD is somewhat unique in that ROA is not all that important believe it or not. Theoretically, it can even absorb through the skin to an extent. If you plug it, you'll certainly trip. However, there is no benefit to plugging versus taking it orally per say. As far as the homophobic comments, I'm going to venture a guess that those people don't even use psychs and were just trolls. That sort of BS is not really something I've ever seen among psych users. I'm not saying it's impossible, but these substances do often seem to have somewhat of a way of driving ignorance and bigotry out of people IMO.

Also, choosing to take a drug rectally has nothing to do with being gay. It's simply a route of administration. That's it. One thing to keep in mind if you do this though is that just sticking the tab up there probably wouldn't work very well or at all. You'd need to get the LSD out of the blotter by soaking it in water, and then plug the water with the acid in it. That would ensure that all of it absorbs.

Last edited: