Please Scare Me Away From Meth

I doubt anyone can create a meth hell scene for the OP that the OP couldn't conjure on their own.

horrific imagery about meth or anything else is likely something of a draw while at the same time being a deterrent. If one affirms they don't want to go there imagery aside they will avoid going there. you can choose but it might mean avoiding people or settings you have some affinity for that isn't a completely bad affinity. Its up to you, you know where things will likely lead. Places and people are things you can choose. Irresistible impulse, point of no return, do you think those concepts are real to some extent. If so its incumbent on you to decide before you reach the near occasion of falling into the abyss.

If you think you are free to withdraw at any point than none of this really needed much discussion.

what is the point of this thread? you know your on the path....you know damn well your playing with fire and nothing anyone writes here is gonna change what you do. You took the time and effort to create an outline??
"I know that meth use is not sustainable and i believe i'm becoming out of control so i will share with you..
A: history of meth use, B: Life style, C: Damage I think I've done.."

" I think I need a good scare if I were to keep using (1.5 to 2 grams) per month. All I ask is, please give me feedback on the path of destruction I am setting myself up for by the amount i use with my frequency as stated above. I would never let myself go overboard although what I'm doing now is not any better either.

you would never let yourself go overboard huh? i think the feedback you want is in your OWN post..."i think my cardiovascular health is effected" " i feel like my throat and lungs are crystallized???"
So lets recap here: insides feel all crystalized and you cant breath, your getting pimples and loosing some enamel.your losing muscle and in u smoke 5 to 6 days a week for the last 6 months..
This kinda makes me wanna slap you because you KNOW whats happening and Im not sure what type of response you are looking for but there is nothing remotely cool, glamorous, or interesting about becoming a meth head....there is NOTHING good can come of your continued use and if you really need someone to tell you to fuckin stop then STOP.
And HERE is the nail in your coffin: you saying "i would never let myself go overboard" which is total lie because thats exactly why your ON bluelight...you know its getting out of control...and for the love of god just do what you have to do to stop...meth is gnarly, nasty, life sucking, skin eating, brain melting crap and if your doing it 6 days a week? guess what? ur gettin in over your head..so deal with it...its not to late for you; ur standing on the edge of a really really shitty dark fucking ledge and your pretty much just about falling in..and for FUCKS SAKE JUST READ WHAT YOU WROTE! STOP STOP STOP..its stupid, im empathetic and i dont mean to be mean but your outline detailing your hygiene, your history with/frequency of/damage observed is almost making a mockery of whats about to happen to you...please stop, get help

scare u away from meth? just look around u! if that's not enough, then carry on.

Those sores you are getting on your back? They are clogged pores that have gotten infected from the poison in meth trying to push its way out. I get them too. I have been smoking for about a year, light to moderate use. The idea that brushing your teeth will save you from meth mouth is good in theory, but your teeth have channels, so when you take a hit the destruction to your enamel is immediate.

Oh, and make sure that when you shower EXFOLIATE so those pores don't get clogged by little kernels of meth trying to push their way out of your body (through your pores).

No there not little kernels of meth pushing through anybody's pores. Smoke does not turn into crystals in your body and then try to push through your skin!

Many drugs can be detected in sweat which is useful for drug testing:

"Previous research has determined that residues of a number of drugs can be detected in human sweat, including alcohol, amphetamine, cocaine, heroin, morphine, methadone, methamphetamine, and phencyclidine (PCP)"

Source: http://archives.drugabuse.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol10N5/Sweat.html

I did meth and kept in shape, slept ate good did things kept clean and all that shit for along time. But one day I don't know how or when I found my self not eating, not sleeping, no showering, not brushing my teeth, not working out. It happened fast and hard and the damage has haunted me sense. My teeth are crumbling in my mouth daily and im 27 my health is horrible, im weak, my mind never recovered 100percent.

Quit meth bro. Its a lousing battle that you can't win. Look at before and after photos of long term meth abuse. No one can keep it up forever and you seem to really try hard to keep your body care up and even you notice things starting to getting bad. Think it will get better? or stop? no.. sooner or later it will hit you like a semi truck in the face. Just quit now while you are not that bad off. It won't get any more easy to quit. trust me

I did meth and kept in shape, slept ate good did things kept clean and all that shit for along time. But one day I don't know how or when I found my self not eating, not sleeping, no showering, not brushing my teeth, not working out. It happened fast and hard and the damage has haunted me sense. My teeth are crumbling in my mouth daily and im 27 my health is horrible, im weak, my mind never recovered 100percent.

Quit meth bro. Its a lousing battle that you can't win. Look at before and after photos of long term meth abuse. No one can keep it up forever and you seem to really try hard to keep your body care up and even you notice things starting to getting bad. Think it will get better? or stop? no.. sooner or later it will hit you like a semi truck in the face. Just quit now while you are not that bad off. It won't get any more easy to quit. trust me

I think what this poster is trying to say (and say very well) is ADDICTION IS PROGRESSIVE. You are doing fine...until you aren't.

No there not little kernels of meth pushing through anybody's pores. Smoke does not turn into crystals in your body and then try to push through your skin!

I misspoke about kernels. Let me rephrase and cite. "...bleeding skin sores as your pores struggle to open and expel the drug, which often become infected."--Reding, Nick "Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town" (2009).

Nothing anyone can say will make you quit. I know you're looking for that magical thing that will hit home and make you quit, but it wont happen. Stop looking for external factors to stop you, it doesn't work like that. I know, because I was the same. I fucked my heart from meth and I wanted the doctor to tell me I couldn't smoke it anymore or I'd die. I wanted the decision to be taken out my hands, because I couldn't make it myself. But nothing external can ever make that decision for you. You'll decide to stop using it when quitting finally seems less painful than keeping on going. It can take a lot to get to that stage; some people never get there. I was always looking for the event that would make me stop, but in reality there was no 'moment' where I realised I couldn't keep going. It was an accumulation of all the little shit things that meth addiction brings, that finally brought me to my decision to get clean after 7 years of use.

The fucked thing is dude taking the gamble now and thinking ill be ok to keep using could turn out to fuck you up big time. If your worried about it I would say do yourself a favour and try and give it up before before you potential mess an awesome part of your life up. You said you surf? Dedicate your self to working and surfing its the best shit you can do imo without sounding like a washed up surfer hippie

Good luck mate!

OP sounds a lot like me. I've been clean now for 3 months but I find myself fiending all the time. I moved when I quit using so that I could get away from all those bad people. I don't know anyone here and let's hope it stays that way.

I really believe it's mind over matter. Do you really want to stop using? If you truly want to, you're not too far gone yet, you can stop. That's what I did.

erectile dysfunction and prison. not at the same time though, so you got that going for ya, which is nice.

have you ever had somebody tell you about how they just sat on their couch for a week and did nothing but smoke meth? they go on for ten minutes about how horrible it is and how you should never do it. they say they have just a little bit left at their house, and that they are probably just going to go home and throw the rest away. then they just get up and head for the door, you ask where they are going cause they were supposed to come to the club with you. they just say "oh, um, going to buy beer, we'll be back" they don't come back. you never see them again. their best friend never sees them again. they didn't throw that leftover away. I have never done it and that story is the reason why. when you put your body through that much stress in that short of a timeframe, it ages you.

when I used to deliver pizza, we would deliver to all these hotels around town. It got to the point where I was paranoid about delivering to the motel 6, don't know why, but when people are tweaking they scare the fuck out of me, it's not some irrational fear that they will tear me to shreds with their fingernails or anything, it just looks fucking freaky as all hell.

Meth is a odd drug. Addicting but not addicting. Really its a head trip drug, it gets ya mentally first then it slowly eats away at your body all the while keeping you thinking that its really helping you be smarter, stronger faster.

Look.. your not going to read anything amazing that will get ya to quit ok. Were all telling you the same thing. We used and we regret it, we had the same choice that you had but we choose to keep using.. we all regret it. If you wan't to ignore that fine but its your body, your mind, and your life. Like I said I did meth and kept my life together for along time I really can't pin point when it turned on me but it did and I paid for it.. im still paying for it.

You could quit now.. at the very least bro I will say this. Quit for 3 months and see how you feel then make the choice do I need meth in my life, or am I better with out it.
No matter what if you keep using except the fact of what will happen to you. I don't know any long term meth users who are normal. None. I know a few people who manage to do it just once in awhile and are ok but no every day users, not a single meth addict I know is ok there all fucked up one way or the other. Its a fact of using.

^ I get what your saying, but you're taking a very fatalistic view to meth use that I think could be harmful to any current addicts. Meth abuse doesn't lead anywhere positive, but one can definitely recover from even severe meth abuse. A meth addict isn't inevitably destined to be 'fucked up in one way or another'. I abused meth heavily for years but through great effort I am recovering, and to be honest I take offense at you implying that no meth addict is 'ok' or not fucked up in one way or another. Even if I was still in current addiction I would take offense at that. Addiction is usually a state of distress, granted, so I guess that could be equated with 'not being ok' - but in that case, being not ok or fucked up in one way or another would apply to most people. Behaviour, even an addiction, isn't the definition of anyone.

^ I get what your saying, but you're taking a very fatalistic view to meth use that I think could be harmful to any current addicts. Meth abuse doesn't lead anywhere positive, but one can definitely recover from even severe meth abuse. A meth addict isn't inevitably destined to be 'fucked up in one way or another'. I abused meth heavily for years but through great effort I am recovering, and to be honest I take offense at you implying that no meth addict is 'ok' or not fucked up in one way or another. Even if I was still in current addiction I would take offense at that. Addiction is usually a state of distress, granted, so I guess that could be equated with 'not being ok' - but in that case, being not ok or fucked up in one way or another would apply to most people. Behaviour, even an addiction, isn't the definition of anyone.

I am sorry. I did word that very poorly and you are right. I did not mean to say it that way I just am trying to explain to him how if things are going down hill as a result from meth use, that continuing his use of it will only casue more damage and at some point he will very well be unable to full recover from it. He is at a point where he can stop now, and be just fine. Keeping it up is just pushing it I feel. I also feel like once you have taken the genie out of the bottle you can't put it back in. Meth will change him in some way just like any experience changes you in some way shape or form.

I did not mean to insult anyone and im sorry if it came across that way. You can recover from anything, but as with anything the longer you do it the harder it gets. Everyone is different and some people can recover better then others but I say why risk it? Just try being clean for a few months see if you like it better, you won't know if you keep using.

I also think long term meth abuse changes the way your brain works in very real ways, not that it ruins you.. just that it changes you. How you feel, think, react.. im not sure maybe this was just me.

Once again sorry for insulting anyone. I could be completely wrong this is just my opinion.

It's all good, I understand what you're saying :)

I agree that meth abuse changes your brain. Some changes appear to be permanent but the brain is often plastic enough that it can overcome any deficits through different pathways. It would be better if he could stop now, but I find you get that conundrum - if you know you can stop, it takes the urgency out of stopping right then. IME it takes feeling like you've completely lost control for quitting to seem like something you have to do...

i didnt read the other posts, and just want to say what thought helped keep me away from the stuff.

besides being up for days or so many hours guaranteed...what got to me is how in a sick way, how meth is really hard to OD and die on, and because of this the user is able to use ridicules amounts, stay up for days and not need or care for much besides more meth, just bashing away at the body and causing all sorts of psychological mayhem - having the "energy" and feeling you have the ability to plan, and properly execute a great heist, to score more.

there many factors to consider along those lines, but even things like drinking much more alcohol then usual, along the 'no-fear' from the meth is disaster, and if you use opiates that will be done more also being up and either getting sick, or wanting to 'level-out'. meth tends to get people horny, and less inhibited and there is a whole other ball-game, sex and meth.

pm me for details...joke
seriously though, the best and only reason needed is that some one must, or can and will love and care for you, and to do so for yourself pays off better then anything, in the context of many challenging and trying ties of life.

be more win then that shit slim.U are

<3

meth is a drug that really does change your brain, forever and for worse. any latent mental illnesses will get worse... you will get dumber, and the most proufound thing... everyone who knows you will be able to detect the change.. and they can remember who you used to be, even though you're convinced that you've never been anybody else.

So many people told me I changed. That I used to be different. I can't remember who the person who used to be me was like. Where he found his smiles and his jokes and his laughs and all his energy. I can only remember myself as what I am now. Something wicked and grotesque. My memories are different. The face and the voice I remember from my childhood are not the same as what I see in picture albums or in home videos.

I'm a different person forever. A worse person. And I feel so strange, because I don't miss who I used to be, even though I know he used to be so much happier and had so much more happiness to give. I want to empathize with myself.. I want to pity myself. But I just don't simply feel anything towards myself. I don't recognize that the spark I used to have is gone, even though I know, intellectually, from observing myself, that the spark is, indeed, gone.

I'm trying to make an effort to reconnect with my old friends and family. But sometimes I don't think I should. Because the spark is gone, and in its place is this horrible vacuum. And I can see the drain I put on the people from my past. I don't want to keep draining them... But I don't know any other way to re-ignite my spark. I just hope all my friends and family from the past can survive what I need to take from them to replace in me.

anyways... don't do meth. It's bad for you.