• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Please help!

Hey,
It's been a hell ride to say it lightly but I think the worst of it is behind me. Thank you for the encouragement, it has helped me more than I can express. Still feeling anxious and dead inside but I know that takes time to heal.

It takes, findin strength it's essential. For now you count until dawn, I am sorry but this is how everyone felt during their detox. We will help you, relax. It's okay for now. Drink some natural juices.

It takes, findin strength it's essential. For now you count until dawn, I am sorry but this is how everyone felt during their detox. We will help you, relax. It's okay for now. Drink some natural juices.
Did you cry at everything? I just break down out of nowhere

My biggest concern is having my wife find out which is why I'm trying to alleviate most of the symptoms. Taking care of my 9month old is extremely difficult going through WD :(
[/QUOTE]

Hi OP! How are you doing today? I was in a very similar situation as you. I went through it once without my husband knowing and had 2 toddlers at home...HORRIBLE experience! That was a year ago and it didn't last long bc I never got a break from the kids, the house, life in general etc... Today I'm at 30 days clean but I told my husband this time and although withdrawal sucks no matter what, it was infinitely easier having his support. We were scared to send the kids to the grandparents' bc of the pandemic but it turned out to be a blessing. The first time around, I was so scared of him seeing me differently or that he would be disappointed in me but we worked through it. He had to have a few days to process the reality of what I was telling him but once he did, he's been my biggest supporter and shoulder. The anxiety stemming from keeping it a secret from him was its own beast. Not saying you should tell but just wanted you to know I feel for you and I know how that burden feels. Pulling for you!! How are you feeling today?

Did you cry at everything? I just break down out of nowhere

I did, I did. It's a bigger story behind.. and yeah, phu.. I lost my first daughter, my ex-wife was a slut. It was hard because aside from detoxing I also had my social cercle and I had to keep'em in order. It was hard but I mananged, I lost few friends but that was. Hope dies last same goes with faith.

I did, I did. It's a bigger story behind.. and yeah, phu.. I lost my first daughter, my ex-wife was a slut. It was hard because aside from detoxing I also had my social cercle and I had to keep'em in order. It was hard but I mananged, I lost few friends but that was. Hope dies last same goes with faith.
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that, it's really helped me put some things into perspective. Though it may be hard right now I still have alot to live and get sober for. Thank you

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that, it's really helped me put some things into perspective. Though it may be hard right now I still have alot to live and get sober for. Thank you

That's a attitude many wish for. To have this kind of power over themselves in hard times. Don't thank me, I thank you.