• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Please help with iv

2763738373Lame

Bluelighter
Hey guys I have a problem when trying ti inject. I can push the needle in slow, snd I make sure my needle is as parallel to the vein as possible but 9/10 times I will not get a successful register until I’m pulling back on the needle. But then it’s too late because it hurts way too bad to continue with the shot. I’m guessing this means I’m going through the vein. I don’t understand how considering I’m using short needles and making sure I’m at least 45 degrees before entering the vein. Does anyone have any advice on how not to do this?

Try pulling back slightly as soon as you start injecting. That should show you the instant you hit gold and then you don't push the needle any further in.

I THINK what you're talking about is similar to what I was going to suggest - when I was shooting up I would often pull the plunger back ever so slightly as soon as I broke skin, creating a vacuum so that the instant you penatrate the vein wall blood would jet into the barrel in a little stream. Almost impossible to miss from there as long as you keep the barrel still and go gently.

Other factors to take into consideration as well, basically all of them revolving around the amount of pressure inside the blood vessel when you're trying to inject: are you tying off too tight, are you pushing too fast, are you dehydrated, mixing your shots too thick, etc.

I understand how badly you want to make this work, trust me, but don't wreck yourself over it. Please stay safe. 👍

Hydrate well. Possibly apply some warmth to the injection site prior to help bring the vein up. The liquid to be injected should not be too viscous. Don't pull the tie so tight that it cuts off your circulation.

Are you injecting with the bevel facing up? If the bevel is facing down you can essentially suction to the bottom wall of the vein. Then when you pull out slightly you’ll register once it’s off the vein wall. Going in at 45 degrees could do that with the bevel facing the wrong direction, try for more like 30 degrees. It’s also dependent where you’re injecting. I’ve never had an issue wheere I went through and registered on the way back out without being able to get the shot in. Where are you injecting? Because it’s odd to me that it’s so painful that you can’t inject, unless it’s an artery youre hitting. That shit will hurt when you hit it and then hurt even more if you try to push the plunger.

Do you tie off? If so how tight? Do you release the tourniquet before injecting?
i do tie off and I typically tie pretty tight. And yes I do always release the tourniquet before injecting.
I THINK what you're talking about is similar to what I was going to suggest - when I was shooting up I would often pull the plunger back ever so slightly as soon as I broke skin, creating a vacuum so that the instant you penatrate the vein wall blood would jet into the barrel in a little stream. Almost impossible to miss from there as long as you keep the barrel still and go gently.
Thankfully I learned this tip. But sometimes it still will not register on the way in only while coming out.
Other factors to take into consideration as well, basically all of them revolving around the amount of pressure inside the blood vessel when you're trying to inject: are you tying off too tight, are you pushing too fast, are you dehydrated, mixing your shots too thick, etc.

I understand how badly you want to make this work, trust me, but don't wreck yourself over it. Please stay safe. 👍
Ibe heard about the shots being too thick it won’t register but why is it registering on the way out the vein instead of as soon as I go in?? I’m definitely not pushing too fast, and I try to stay as hydrated as possible. Maybe I’m tying too tight?
Are you injecting with the bevel facing up? If the bevel is facing down you can essentially suction to the bottom wall of the vein. Then when you pull out slightly you’ll register once it’s off the vein wall. Going in at 45 degrees could do that with the bevel facing the wrong direction, try for more like 30 degrees. It’s also dependent where you’re injecting. I’ve never had an issue wheere I went through and registered on the way back out without being able to get the shot in. Where are you injecting? Because it’s odd to me that it’s so painful that you can’t inject, unless it’s an artery youre hitting. That shit will hurt when you hit it and then hurt even more if you try to push the plunger.
I’m definitely not in an artery. So this has happened to you? And it hurts because as I’m entering I’m assuming I go through the vein and then when pulling out the vein I get a register but I can’t actually do the shot because it leaks through the other side and hurts. And I have no idea how I’m going through the vein without getting a register first??
Thank you guys so much for the tips though!

This used to happen to me and I hated it! I found out you have to into the skin slightly farther back then you curretly are so that way you when you inject you don't go through the vein so to speak

Hey guys I have a problem when trying ti inject. I can push the needle in slow, snd I make sure my needle is as parallel to the vein as possible but 9/10 times I will not get a successful register until I’m pulling back on the needle. But then it’s too late because it hurts way too bad to continue with the shot. I’m guessing this means I’m going through the vein. I don’t understand how considering I’m using short needles and making sure I’m at least 45 degrees before entering the vein. Does anyone have any advice on how not to do this?
You're probably doing it too slow, depends which vein ure using too or if ur applying a tourniquet. Use the vein in the crook of ur elbow

i do tie off and I typically tie pretty tight. And yes I do always release the tourniquet before injecting.

Thankfully I learned this tip. But sometimes it still will not register on the way in only while coming out.

Ibe heard about the shots being too thick it won’t register but why is it registering on the way out the vein instead of as soon as I go in?? I’m definitely not pushing too fast, and I try to stay as hydrated as possible. Maybe I’m tying too tight?

I’m definitely not in an artery. So this has happened to you? And it hurts because as I’m entering I’m assuming I go through the vein and then when pulling out the vein I get a register but I can’t actually do the shot because it leaks through the other side and hurts. And I have no idea how I’m going through the vein without getting a register first??
Thank you guys so much for the tips though!
How much water are u using? What are u shooting up? Which vein ate you using? There's an instructional video on YouTube "how to inject heroin", it's an 🇬🇧 video and it's very explicit. Watching it carefully could give u a better idea on how to insert the needle. Btw, if ure not being able to shoot up, it might be a signal from the universe that you shouldn't br doing this. Run while you got time ti walk away unharmed still ( arry but I had to say it, HR first).