• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pimples "Down There"

Lioness

Bluelighter
I’m a 18 yr old female. (for the record)
In the last few months I have been getting pimples in my vaginal area, especially around my mound... I DO shave. I was wondering if it was possible to get in-grown hairs where I shave, or wether I'm more likely to have an STD. It looks (as far as I can tell) that theses little pimples are forming over my shaved hairs.
But my B'F has them too on the base of his penis, I'm on the pill so sex is condom-less. He just thinks they are from having sex when I’m too dry and it irritates his penis especially cause it might have been a few days after I have shaved so its spikey.
Any sort of help is more then welcome, thanks.

If there is even the slightest question in your mind about having an STD, go to your doctor soon! There is a good chance there is nothing to worry about, but we can't make a diagnosis for you.

Those really sound like ingrown hairs to me, though it's difficult to say for sure without seeing the bumps myself.
The chafing COULD give your bf some irritation in bumps like you described.
How about this: stop shaving for a month or so and see if the bumps disappear.It really sounds like the shaving is causing a number of problems -- could you stop shaving permanently or switch to waxing?
Also, if you are too dry during sex you should be using LUBE! It's not good to have sex when you're dry, as it irritates the vagina and could lead to lacerations (tears in the skin inside your vagina) which are painful and could even become infected if excessively irritated.
Btw, do the bumps (on either you or your bf) itch at all?
[ 07 August 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

There is a skin infection which can occur "down there" related to the staph-something (i think - the rest of what i'm saying is still applicable) bacteria which can also be spread by contact (therefore could be considered an std). it can show up in other places too... usually a person has this bacteria in their system and the symptoms appear in a cycle of about 3 years (that is, it could go away of it's own accord, but it's likely to come back). it can be treated tho, if that's what you've got. go along to your doctor just to be sure. yes, its entirely possible that they're just ingrown hairs, but don't leave anything like this too long if you're sus about it. intuition is a funny thing when it's your body you're intuiting about ;)
good luck :)

@ Fairnymph:- they dont itch
I have stopped shaving as of a few days ago, and wating for the hairs to grow a bit so I can wax.
Me and my B'F have started using lube and it helps HEAPS
Thanks for replying and helping guys!

I apologize if for any reason whatsoever this is taken wrong, and I obviously do not know you, and by no means mean this as a personal remark about you......Alright ALL of that said: I am not sure how to put this nicely, so I am just going to say it.
If it looks like a pimple, and your boyfriend has some too, then....it could possibly HSV (also called Herpes). Which will come and go. I have a very good friend that went and got tested for STD's to prove to her boyfriend that she did have anything (he got tested too!) and they could have Sex without condoms in the Future. She had NEVER had any symptoms of anything! She tested positive for HPV (Herpes Virus!), which means that at some point she was exposed to the virus! She was Shocked!
My advise would be to see a doctor! Do you really want to take the chance that you might have something, and not know it? STD's in most cases can lead to things like sterility.
It could be nothing, but, do you want to take that chance?

my best friend had something that sounds like what you're talking about when we were younger, it was called molluskum contagiousum(spelling?)but they can be burned or cryogenically frozen off. i would seriously go to the dr tho. it never hurts to be sure. :)

Isnt HPV genital warts....i didnt know it was the same as herpes. a friend of mine got diagnosed with it some weeks back, she saw these 'bumpy' things, and a guy she slept with had the same things on his dick, and she thought it wasnt a big deal at the time...i say you go to your doc. chances are its just an irratation rash or something, but its always better to be sure.

HPV does not mean herpes. It is human papilloma virus, and can be treated with antibiotics. I am hardly an expert, but if the bumps are around your labia and not ON them, it's more likely the bumps are not warts but rather are ingrown hairs.
Either way, since you and your bf are having unprotected sex, you should both be tested for the full range of STDs. This should hopefully ease your mind while creating a safer situation for you and your bf.

Yikes! My mistake! PLURalism you are right! I meant HSV! Which is Herpes! (She has HSV2)
A lot of people think that you can not have Herpes and not know it! That is where I was trying to go with this! It is not True! You can! Some people never have outbreaks. I am not saying that this is the Norm, because it is not, but it can happen.
I would see a Doctor!

I´m a male & I´ve shaved my penis a couple of times & now I have a big pimple. I´ve had it for about a month now. When I press, some pus comes, but always very little. After a while, it´s colorless.
Any ideas what it may be? I´m virgin, so STDs are out of the q.

Being a Virgin will not necessarily keep you from getting any STD. There are Virgins that have/carry viruses. Do not belive me? Ask your Doctor, or check into on-line Herpes reports.
I spent a lot of time trying to learn about these things when a friend of mine tested positive for Herpes, and had never had an outbreak.
A lot of people do not consider Oral Sex, as Sex. Well, you can pick up some diseases orally. Herpes can be spread other ways than what most people consider to be Sex.
I am not sure about other STD's, I have not spent enough time checking on or/asking a doctor about them, to comment on how they might be spread.

My mistake as well: HPV cannot be treated by antibiotics. Once you have it, it remains in your system but can be suppressed by your immune response such that it is not contagious to others. For more info about this confusing virus see http://www.geocities.com/thehpvvirus/

Aiken Drum:
What you have sounds like a boil - a dermal infection (that meants it's in the skin) that can hang around for months and looks very much like a large pimple. Though they usually will just go away by themselves, you should go see your Doc about it anyway, especially if it's really pussy.
Green Lioness:
Definately sounds like shaving rash infection and irritation on you and your BF, though I would definately get an STD check anyway, just to be absolutely certain. It's a pretty minor event and your Doc won't bat an eyelid. I'd also let your hair grow back for a while before waxing to let the skin recover properly from prolonged irritation.
Hope this helps!

I've been thinking about getting tested just for the sake of it. Just to put some ease at mind. But I know I should know this but.....where do most of you usually go to get tested. I actually called the health clinic this week and they can't get anyone in for like 3 weeks. Does your regular family doctor handle situations like this or is this something more along the lines of a Planned Parenthood/Family Clinic sorta deal???

honestl if you have em and your bf does then i reckon its HPV ( genital warts) you need to see a doctor anyway!!! the longer you dont the harder they will be to remove.

also if they go upi further they can go on your cervix and you can get cancer of the cervix! there are some that cant even be seen. seriously see a doctor to be safe

HPV does not mean herpes. It is human papilloma virus, and can be treated with antibiotics.
It is true that HPV does not mean herpes, but is is NOT TRUE that HPV can be treated with antibiotics. Only bacterial infections can be treated with antibiotics. Viruses can not be treated with antibiotics -- if they could be AIDS would not be the problem it is. Thus, HPV as well as herpes and AIDS are viruses which a person carries permanently (at least for now, as medicine cannot eradicate viruses).
Aiken -- cuddlefish's theory could be right. I doubt that you have an STD, but I think you should have your dr check it out anyways. It's probably something minor, but better to deal with it now...

Originally posted by xXLuciDXx:
molluskum contagiousum
i was going to mention this as well.
Check your 'pimples' very closely, with a magnifying glass if possible. If there appears to be a tiny indent in the head of the pimple then it could be molluscum contagiosum.. check this site for more info:
"Molluscum contagiosum is a common non-cancerous skin growth caused by a viral infection in the top layers of the skin. They are similar to warts, but are caused by a different virus. The name molluscum contagiosum implies that the virus and the growths are easily spread by skin contact. ... This virus can enter through small breaks in the skin or hair follicles and can lead to the development of the molluscum lesions.
Molluscum are usually small flesh-colored or pink dome-shaped growths. They may appear shiny and have a small indentation in the center. Molluscum are often found in clusters on the skin of the chest, abdomen, arms, groin or buttock. ... Because they can be spread by skin-to-skin contact, molluscum are usually found in areas of skin that touch each other such as the folds in the arm or in the groin. Often the molluscum may become red or inflamed. This tends to occur just before the growth is ready to go away on its own. "
http://www.aad.org/pamphlets/molluscum.html
its more annoying than harmful, and you prolly don't want to have them removed with dry ice from your genitals :eek: when they go away there is some discomfort as it causes a crack in the skin where the body of the 'pimple' comes out and the skin is exposed.
what ever it is go to the doctor and get it checked out.. trust me the peace of mind is worth it
[ 19 October 2002: Message edited by: frizzantik ]