Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills vs. Speed

Drain14

Bluelighter
alright im a bit of a newb so dont knock me..
i went to a rave over the xmas holidays and it was great but i found that it was one of the worst places to come down EVER..:) and i found that dunking again after my first pill really didnt have that great of an effect. ive never had goey before but i was wondering if it would be better to just hook up some goey than bothering with numerous pills.. is this a bad/good idea or what?
cheers..

I prefer to do speed when I'm out all night and go to a rave. It not only lasts longer but lets me dance over sitting around off my head and I can make it home before I come down.

This belongs in Drug Discussion - moving over...

For me, i use speed if I want to go out all night and not feel at all tired... maybe have a bit of a dance and talk a bit of shit with people. I take pills when I go to see a DJ or band or whatever that I really enjoy and just want to "live" the music. It puts you on a completely different level.

If you dont like coming down when you're at a rave, leave a little early. Or, if you're like me, take more pills and don't start coming down till about 4pm the next day.

COmedown is affected a lot by placebo effects, a comedown CAN be fun i enjoy every single one ive ever had! , do a search on 5-htp in these forums , i also find that while speed will pick me up for a while, a kind of paranoid alertness takes over the lovedupedness, i find a bit of a smoke of weed to be a better cure . Also speed ads to your comedown, i feel i can can almost eliminate a comedown with proper 5-htp dosing.

Hope it helps.

Pills win hands down. Speeds pretty cool but it doesnt make you feel like your inside the most perfect painting you have ever experienced and everything around you is sharp and perfect and you are one with the music.

COmedown is affected a lot by placebo effects, a comedown CAN be fun i enjoy every single one ive ever had!

SAME!!! You've been taking drugs and dancing with no sleep all night...of course you're going to feel like shit! But theres no need to feel sorry for yourself and not enjoy it for what it is. I am sure i come-down as hard or harder than most people...but if you just get on with the job, then you'll be sweet. Tough it out, its not that fucken bad :) If you excpect to have a bad come-down, then you will have a bad come-down. There would be no such thing as a come-down if people hadnt invented this concept. People would just call it being tired. The after-glow of ecstasy is one of the most enjoyable parts of dropping :)

pills v speed? cant really be compared...

but, if speed was THAT good, people would be stoked when they were sold a speed bomb instead of ecstasy...usually people are angry. I reckon pills are the shit...i dont like dancing that much...so speed at a rave would bore me.

Why not drop the pill/s later bro? drop at like 2am...you shouldnt come-down too hard before the end of the rave :)

My Humble Opinion....speed & pills affect everyone a little differently....
Some people have awesome nites on pills VS others are gas bunnies who just wanna charge & stomp all nite.
I am kinda somewhere in the middle and it took me a little time to work out just how I like it to be when I am raving and how to go about it.
You really need to work out how you like it...any advice is good.... a little bit of cautious experimenting can find your niche. (notice I said cautious)
Their is quite a lot of good information here on the forum of people talking about charged up vs fucked up and if you use the search engine you can get a good idea...

I had a good bunch of people with me when I started raving...they always put me in a good mood and helped me work out what I like. I think your mood is part of your experience throughout the nite and more importantly friends look after one another.
I personally poly my chemicals...(yes I am aware of some of the risks) I like the speed before I hit the event for the fresh burst of energy and the way everything is bright & shiny... I take a pill or two later on when I am into the social empathy part of the nite. Then you feel more a part of the event...more a part of the music. (Good call Highrollin!!)

I understand the pill wont nail me as hard and that seems to be the case when speeding & pillin (mixin the two) but its how I like to do my thing.

Come downs the next day is always the consequence of having the good nite...consider it the physical/mental cost of the nite you have had before...there a ways to smooth this out and things to try as other people mention...dont know if I would say anything on this as plenty of other people have more knowledge on that one.

A nice bit of wisdom I read somewhere on this forum "that you know when your over having big nites when the comedown the next day outweighs the nite you have just had."

I personally use both. Infact I hardly ever do pills without the associated bump of meth earlier in the night. But thats just me, I have a tendancy to fall asleep if I dont :\. However, kowing that I am extremely sensitive to amphetamines I only ever take a small enough amount to keep me awake for the proceeding hours, with maybe one or two extra small bumps throughout the night to keep me going. That keeps my head awake so I can enjoy the pills if I have them.

Ofcourse there are dangers/risks with using multiple substances at once... so always do some research before you put things into your mouth/nose.

stace.

When I first got into the scene I only ever did pills when going out, however I got over them pretty quickly and now prefer speed when going out. I find that speed on it's own can be a bit boring so I nearly always combine it with 1.4b(g).

thanks guys.. ill probably try mixing it up a little.. yeah i did a search on 5 htp TEM, it sounds like it could help alot but yeah its not available over the counter in australia and im living with my family so i can hardly get it ordered to my house.. ah well..

When Ecstasy "actually" worked for me and I hadn't lost the magic I found the best solution for me was to...

• First half of the night drop pills and relax in the lounge listening to some drum and bass, or such and having happychats with everyone around me... Feeling loved up, having fun... When I started coming down...
  • Instantly dump the amphetamines and head for the hard trance room and dance my ass off the rest of the night until close!
It's kind of like having the best of both worlds. Because you don't start off hard from the beginning of the night, you can normally trance through pretty hard until close and not feel COMPLETELY fucked up :D

Everyones different though and will have different opinions! But I don't recommend taking speed and then pills, as I've often found the speed lessens the pill effect due to speed already releasing the dopamine before the pills would have.

Pills then speed! :)

shal...

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I hate speed, it makes me crazy. I get so paranoid and can't sleep. I think speed gives me a worse comedown than pills.
A rave is definately a bad place to be coming down, I usually drop around mid night and take my pills in halves at regular intervals to make it last longer. If I was going to take speed I think I would have a little taste of a dexie before I go out just to get me pumped up for a big night.

yeah im thinking prolly drop a few pills and then do some goey as the effects begin to wear off.. thanks for your help guys

24-02-2004 22:40 (#1667843)
A halfweight + 2 pills = Night In Heaven

i hear u mate my staple diet too. good combo i reckon for ppl used to the shit but don't go taking a half gram if u not too experienced wit the go Drain14. try a piont or two around 12-2 that way u won't scat out at the party and still be able to do sumting in da morning if u want