• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports.com - Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory?

nickthecheese said:
Imo, redevelopment is needed. Trying to sort things by date etc doesn't work. It's a great system, but needs an overhaul.
I agree, I think that a new system would help PR.com to move forward along with BL.nu.

BigTrancer :)

Unsatisfactory - Don't get me wrong, i love pillreports.com and don't want to be seen as talking shit on it...but:

I *rarely* use it anymore...I used to surf it everyday (no shit)...then I found bluelight ;) (I didn't even know the sites were related until I came here). Tbh, I don't really find it that useful (over the last several months, the number of users has increased i think, and the quality of reports has decreased)...way too much speculation for my liking. eg. Someone posts a report and fails to describe the bean properly...then 35 people post comments saying that they had this *exact* ekkie...how the fuck would you know?!?! (people give too much weight to the logo/colour). Thats why more photos are needed or at least PROPER descriptions.

I think that pillreports members should have to be members of Bluelight before posting a report. I'd love to see bluelight/pillreports registration be the same thing...when you click 'register' at pillreports, you get linked to the BL registration and instructed why this has occured. Links are given to all the ecstasy FAQ's and relative bits of info. At least then, you would know that people who post reports, at least had access to the correct information about what mdma actually feels like, before claiming their biscuit is 'sick pure mdma'.

Its no use whinging that the users know nothing and write shit reports, if we don't actually teach (hand feed) them something...thats why these sites exist...Harm Reduction through education. So, I think as educated Bluelighters, we should try share the wealth of knowledge, by encouraging others to learn too. Imho, that would cut down the number of reports that incorrectly describe the contents of a pill.

The amount of times a speed-bomb has been described as mdma: "I danced all-night, couldn't sleep for 72 hours, felt happy and talked to everyone in the club", is outrageous. Worse being when an mdma pill is labelled as K because people were used to taking speed-bombs and a pill actually put them on their ass for the night (basically what I experience every time i have a strong pill).

Not as bad, but still frustrating, is when a pill is called mda or 2cb, because it caused hallucinations...a common effect of quality mdma pills or a high range dose.

After seeing this thread last night, I searched pillreports for ages to truly get a feel of how useful I find the site...I laughed when i found this shocker of a report on *a* blue alien in Sydney...

BODY: "Took half pill. no effect after 1.5 hours, took other half. Felt sick but no effect for 6 hours after 1st dump. Threw up, then felt "awake" for next couple of hours"
RATING: 4
CONTENTS: MD*A

- I might be wrong, but from the report; this is a clear zero/one, and is completely disregarding the guidelines 8)

Should pillreports.com be updated? If people have the time and resources, then yeah. But if its a truly astronomical job...then I say don't bother.

The key is how users decide to use the information...if you approach the situation with skepticism...then pillreports.com is a great resource!! Just see a shit report, write a comment telling other users that you think the report is shit, then move on and read a better report. Its pretty obvious to me at least, that pillreports.com (no matter how many changes take place) can't be taken at face value.

The main reason and benefit of pill reports imho is to determine when bunk pills are being sold under the same brand/colour as good pills. Or to determine if a certain pill is shit (no md related substance). If you see 20 reports on a press and they all rate 8 or above, then I don't see the point in even opening and reading the reports. The reports aren't going to be that similar to what you will experience, at the most it'll be an indication. You've already achieved what should be your aim...to determine if your pill could be harmful.

I for one, have never read a report and thought: "Gee, that describes the exact experience I had with that peaker". Mdma is a subjective drug and is dependant on too many factors (thus it'd be nice if people indicated in the report their user history [Frequency and mindset]).

People are too concerned with what the 'best' pills are and forget that its about stopping people buying/consuming dangerous/useless cookies. No matter how much quality control and changes to requirements takes place, you will still have ecstasy newbs posting innacurate reports (like me before Bluelight - I'd taken quite a few pills, but had no ideas about how the md substances differed). Education is the key and so is remembering why the site exists. If people just accept that currently the top end of the scale is useless, then there is no real problem. The ONLY reason to look up the Yosemite's for example, is to see if any bunk/dangerous batches are being produced. NOTHING can be gained by 30 people battling over whether the pill is a 10 or 8 and whether or not its from the same press as some other pill or whatever. Likewise, if you see a pill rated 10 and then assume it'll be much better than one that is rated 8, you are missing the point...

I don't think short reports are much of a problem either (although "Was Fucked good" is useless). If an experienced user posts an un-detailed report (ie.. normal md** feelings, slightly chargey etc.), then I believe this is ok. I think if you've had 3000 pills, then each experience will be fairly similar and you have an idea of what 'normal md** feelings are'...therefore this is an apt description. Its not always neccesary to give a blow-by-blow or detailed report, unless the pill is rated an 8 or above (then some explanation would be nice) - the most important thing is the description and attempting to identify different batches and which pills could be potentially dangerous.

Once again, sorry if I sound like i'm putting shit on pillreports.com and have concentrated too heavily on the current situation rather than solutions...but this is how i currently feel about the site...I like it, but its not really THAT helpful anymore beyond determining what pills are dangerous/bunk...I'd be happy to offer some more constructive suggestions when/if Cowboy Mac opens the new thread.

While improvements could be made, I have found pillreports to be an invaluble resource when used along with bluelight.
Thats a great statement!!!!

wap.pillreports needs to be easier to search. I dont like browsing 3298509823765 pages to find one shitty report with no rating

I would also like to see that ebay user rating thing happening

thats all from moe

Satisfactory

Havn't got much time so I'll be brief.
I can find information pills about 75% of the time. I usually have to read a few reports to get a general idea though.

1 quick suggestion though. A weekly\monthly most populer pills with average ratings etc. could be benificial to someone who only has a few minutes to log on and have a look.

Both

Satisfactory: besause i know how to read between the lines.

Unsatisfactory: because i have to read between the lines. Maybe start deleting peoples reports that are way outside of the guidlines, the the general public will be left with more quality reports.

Pill reports is satisfactory but has its faults (like with everything).

I would totally have to agree with unfuzed. Have something that automatically groups pills of the same name. So then you can click on the pill and it comes up with like a page of different reviews. It would be easier as you could see the range of ratings given to the same pill.

Unsatisfactory-Satisfactory

I have thought quite a bit about how to answer this question, and was basically prepared to say that I thought little needed to be changed. But after reading a post on the moderators board by Cowboy Mac describing the pains involved in moderating pill reports, I had to rethink quite a bit.

In the end I thought it's probably best to describe how I use it. Like any tool, or aid, I usually appraise by feel, and my use of that tool will from then on reflect it's found versatility and usefulness.

I use pill reports the minute I hear of a new type of pill in the local area; that is if I haven't seen it posted here first. If a test result is forthcoming, I'll also compare with any reports. In learning what to acknowledge and what to ignore, I've generally found pill-reports to be helpful and more often than not accurate if the dick-sizing etc. is ignored.

But that's me, and without wishing to look as if I'm dick-sizing myself, I consider it rather easy to read between the lines as someone else put it. But what of the newbee? Interpreting wildly varying ratings, comments which contradict ,or even deciding if his pill is the one he's reading about, can all be difficult with the present system.

To offer some constructive comments and some wishful thinking included; I would also go with the idea of displayed averages of ratings. If possible this should contain a demographic preference/variance. It would tend to limit the effects of a dealer or his mates making multiple ratings.

I think all picture pills should be grouped, and pictures be encouraged somehow. I only post pictures on this board if there is no pic on pillreports, or if some doubt may exist regarding batch etc. but I find a surprising lack of pics when considering how common scanners and digital cameras are.

I know this is a big wish, but for the sake of CM and others who have painstakingly attempted to preserve the value of each report, I would like to see the whole forum eventually transcribed to vb or something as versatile. The actual layout isn't bad, it's more the ease - or lack of - for mods to correct or rearrange posts. This can mean a lot. We've all only got so much energy to put in. In this regard, I can see pillreports of the future as potentially running out of control.

I don't know of the programs, or what's involved in such a changeover, and it probably from all account isn't even possible. But we should think of the future, and the dependance likely to be placed on this system as time goes on.

I wish the admin all the best. I'm quite prepared to offer some time for data entry if something better is possible. This resource is too valuable to let slip. Kudos 2 Cowboy Mac & team.....but you know that anyway =D

And like everyone, I too hope for a day when all reports are lab based. in the meantime it requires fine-tuning what we have
21.gif

It gets a big red 'unsatisfactory' stamp from me. I don't bother checking it any longer; I'll only go on test results I/someone else has seen really.

I think the rating system complicates things unnecessarily. It causes needless debates and is all too often the sole piece of information people obtain from pillreports. "They got a 9 on pill reports man!" Instead of "They tested for MDMA, and the poster said they were very strong!"

The 9 is such a subjective thing. Tolerance plays a huge role in making ratings wildly different. Also, set and setting - someone who has a fucking awesome night on a certain pill will rate the pill better than someone who had a bad night out on the same pill through no fault of the MDMA. I think it'd be better without a 1-10 rating system. People can make it clear how strong they thought they were through their comments.

I also believe that some form of user ratings is necessary. Just a rating of 1-5, votable by all and viewable by all.

That's my 2c. I do not mean to offend the current team, but I think it needs a lot of work, and I certainly do not want to be the one to do it.

:)

It is satisfactory in as much as it is a quick easy reference for a pill you will be potentially eating..........or as a guide for deciding between two possiblities of 'brands'. As p_d says reading between the lines is obviously absolutely essential when browsing pillreports.

I think it would be great if posters were given less freedom in their comments. Take away the ability to use your own words in the pill description, and replace with a series or drop-down menus covering everything from pill colour to post-roll scatteredness. The pill rating could then be determined automatically by the program after tabulating the results of all the drop-down menus. If a particular pill had 10 posts about it using this system, then those 10 scores could be averaged out to give the pill an overall score. Every subsequent report on the pill could then be added, and the average re-calculated.

Just my 2 cents :)

BIG unsatisfactory stamp.....

I am just bit suss.... I believe heaps of posters at pill reports are dealers, over-rating their pills to gain market attention. I know I may be wrong.....

I just never bother check pill reports these days.... I just rather test them myself with testers and things like that, but I don't take pills anymore.... I am bored of them. :)

Oh forgot to add one thing..... question for you Cowboy Mac....

You only asking for the Australia/NZ section of pill reports or the whole over all of pill reports from all over the world's personal feedbacks of the pills they consumed?

Unsatisfactory.

I think it could be made back into a useful tool, and I have a few suggestions I think would help a great deal, but like you said - this is just a thumbs-up/thumbs-down thread. And right now, PR is really not a part of my strategy, though it used to be.

As an unsatisfactory side note... i was going through Pillreports and just had to copy & paste this. I hadn't visited it and gone through reports for quite a while and wow.... it has hit rock bottom =P

-Deeks-
*#$! posted 06-Mar-2004 by -Deeks-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol ur a fukwit. theyre are lots of these goin around and obviously this dude came across the wrong ones. the real ones are very very strong mdma and this dude tested mixed shit. cops by dodge lebbos arent uncommon =/
Hajduk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"cops by dodge lebbos arent uncommon =/" hahaha dodge Lebbos
smilenow

The aniseed smell is PMA. Please be carefull the only death's from pills in Australia has been because of PMA. PMA is twice as leathal then MDMA= u need 1/2 the amount of PMA to die compaired to MDMA. I would not suggest taking more the 2 PMA pills in a night.

isn't the aniseed smell MDA ?

I just wanna hit them all over the head with a book. 8(

Unsatifactory, mainly for the aforementioned reasons I wont go into detail.

However please dont make it too complicated to make new reports or comments. You dont want to scare people away with endless forms to fill in. The format it is in at the moment makes it quite easy to make a new post. Unfortunately most people who use pr.com aren't as worried about harm reduction as the bluelight folk. However even if their reports appear to be useless they still add value to the site.

Thanks for the comments. The initial post in the thread was worded as not to influence opinion, but it was started to provide a platform for a cross section of bluelight/pillreports.com users to have their say to those able to facilitate change. The initial post of mine in the moderator forum is listed below:

Pillreports.com - The forgotten, neglected harm reduction initiative of bluelight.ru

Pillreports.com has had code added over the years to ensure its basic survival, moderation for example. While there is a continued effort by bluelighters to enhance bluelight.ru, pillreports.com has been withering. The primary reason bluelight/pillreports exists is to educate people about drug use, specifically focusing on MDMA, and pills sold as ecstasy. Pillreports has been in critical, but stable condition for years, and it desperately requires the skills of a team of volunteers to design and write a completely new system, one that will better serve the purpose of harm reduction.

Pillreports.com is often the initial point of contact for those learning about drugs, and safer drug use, however the distance between Bluelight and Pillreports seems vast. Many pillreports.com users do not know about bluelight and we could be doing more to increase the accessibility to the excellent information that is on the forums. I feel a tighter bond between the two needs to be established and publicised.

My motivation behind this is from purely from a harm reduction perspective, I am not having a whinge because I help moderate there. What could we all be doing to help educate other users and change things? I hope this does not come across negatively, and that we will be able to see the need for redevelopment and create a team to address the issue. I am willing to volunteer my time to be involved with a pillreports.com redevelopment team, however I do not have the programming skills to be able to contribute in that area.

I would appreciate your comments on the issue, and if anyone has the time and skills to donate to such a cause, please do so

Thanks.

and then..

The problem with pillreports is the false reports, the time consuming moderation due to the systems design, and the lack of community. The following suggestions are not a complete list, but I feel would be very useful in addressing all these areas.

Here is a short list of items (by no means all possible suggestions) which would go a long way to help pillreports rovide a better service:

1. A new rating system. The current rating system is so subjective where there are issues such as tolerance, frequency of use, last use, set and setting. I think a system which rated pills into Low, Medium, and High dose content would be more general and would end a lot of the debate regarding pills being an 8 rather than a 9 etc. Having a system rated out of 10 gives the impression that if you have a good time its a 10, and if you don’t it's lower. This is not how you are meant to rate the pill, but it is what happens in reality.
  2. More key information displayed on the area overviews without needing to view the report. This would include the suspected substance, as well as the reagent result. I believe this is what chr1.5 has done in the screenshots above.
  3. Many user emails for pillreports do not work, when you email someone regarding a post, the mail bounces. It would be better if users were informed when they logged in to post, and were left with a message from the moderator on the site. This way all the mod messages would be read, and people could learn what they are doing wrong in their posts and improve the quality of them.
  4. Current moderation of comments is time consuming. You cannot edit a comment, only delete them and to remove selected comments from a pill report requires loading up each users history and selecting the post you want to remove, then at the next load screen entering your reason for removing it. This could be fixed by having a moderator login mode where you could have tickboxes available to mods and just click each comment you want to delete, and it would require less database access.
  5. It would be helpful for moderators to have a special identifier on posts, such as a different colour or icon to differentiate themselves from users.
  6. The ability to search and have pills displayed by the posters username. This would go a long way to assist users being able to identify if a specific poster has is reputable based on previous reports. Displaying the number of reports/comments the user has would also establish credibility as most people falsifying reports are dealers who make new accounts frequently. Displaying reports/comments would also go a long way to encouraging a better community where other users help in moderating via comments to the original poster.
  7. IP addresses of posters to be recorded and be available to moderators. This could assist in people 'double posting' on the same pill to give it increased credibility when it is not true. It is possible two friends on the same network could post, however a double IP post warning under multiple usernames could be sent to mods to alert them and these users could be watched.
  8. The possibility of moderator points being awarded to users who put up truthful, high quality reports. It would sometimes be hard to know if a user is telling the truth, however if they are reporting on a pill that is in a large quantity at the time there are other reports to confirm it against.
  9. As ksi has suggested, Pillreports users are signed up to bluelight when they join pillreports, and vice versa. This would encourage posting on both sites by users who are members of one site.
  10. This suggestion is based on my experience in the Aus/NZ pillreports section. Capital city locations should only be available in a drop down box rather than a text box as some people do not use capital cities, and it makes it hard to know where these smaller towns are located in Australia. At the moment there is no location validation so blank locations can also be entered.

This is a wish list however, and some of these might be technically very difficult to implement. I do feel some are necessary, and I hope this issue does not fade into the background.

Above is my opinion on the issue, and hopefully we are on the road to recovery and redeveloping pillreports as a useful harm reduction tool once again.

isn't the aniseed smell MDA ?

NO Paisly, this is a common misconception. [Edit: I just reread your post and realised you probably didin't make that comment. Oh well a reminder doesn't hurt :) p_d]

Anethole (ouzo - anissed) comes from Oil of Anise. Anethole is a propylene benzene, meaning it has the double bond between the 1st and 2nd carbons of the alkyl 3 carbon chain. Like Isosafrole, only the difference between anethole and isosafrole is the ring substitution: 3,4 methylenedioxy for isosafrole, 4 (or para)-methoxy for anethole.

So Anethole - aniseed smell = PMA or PMMA if the amine contamination is reflective of starting material

Safrole (double bond btween carbons 2 and 3) and Isosafrole = MDA, MDMA and MDEA with the above reasoning. They smell almost the same. That smell is root beer, or double sass.

The confusion lies mainly in the fact that people haven't compared the difference. Until you can say that's safrole and that's anethole, I guess it's easy to interpret both as having an "aniseedy" odour.

You have anethole around you in flavours, toothpastes, confectionary etc. It's certainly one smell people are more used to today, but 50 years ago, the smell of sassafras (safrole) was just as common as it was used extensively in everyday products.

If you want to smell safrole to compare to white Sambucca which is rich in anethole, find a Camphor Laurel tree around 20-30 years old growing in a dry soil (ridgetop is best). Dig down around the base and scrape some of the root bark off. You'll instantly be aware of a powerful scent far exceding that of the camphor. This is safrole, present anywhere between 2-10% of the total oil content. After the bark is left for a few days, bacteria and mold change the odour considerably, and the smell of camphor dominates.

Last edited:
Unsatisfactory, but only because you have couched it in these terms.

The site needs more developments to make searches easier, and good reports easier to find. As an admin of several sites (deviantart.com, depthcore.com) i am fully aware of how vital a 'karma' or ratings system is in a forum / posting environment.

One of these def. needs to be instituted so that good reports are easier to find.

I think there have been some wicked suggestions so far, and would love to see heaps of them taken on board.

Dealer "Talk Up" Posting on Pill Reports

pill reports is a great site...but, and its a big one, a lot of what is written is dealer "talk up", it has got to the point where the first posts on most pills are disregarded, at least by me and many friends of mine, pills get rated 8,9 and 10 for the first week until the actual buyer /user comments start to filter through with the more realistic 5, 6 and 7s.

An attempt to minimise the dealer "talk up" would help a great deal, perhaps a way of allowing people one account only, as dealers change names frequently or have several sign ins to pillreports. The dealer talk up would be the single largest detraction in my opinion.

%)

I think the rating system needs an overhaul. A pill should be tested by all reagents to test for pma, ket, 2cb, dxm, amphets, and be tested negative to all these substances before it can be rated as a md pill rating 7-10. Pillreports isn't unsatisfactory but could be made better than it is

Unsatisfactory.

Improvement would be worth while.

I find it hard to find good concrete information - I spend a lot of time wading through useless information, getting annoyed by everyone's bad grammar, and nonsensical arguments.
I find that everyone seems to rate everything as a 9 which makes me double guess them and not take them seriously.
I also find the rating system really sucky bc I can type in one description and get back 4 pills which seem to be the same but with all different entries.
*shrugs*

If information could be vetted or something or edited that would be good.