• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill Testing in Australia- Making Ecstasy test kits culture

Bloody good thread!!!!! I couldnt agree more. My girlfriend doesnt bother learning anything about pills or drugs & she goes hard every weekend. All of her information she gets from me!! And then she forgets it anyways. She's also had heaps of dud pills. I mean one day one of these "dud pills" could be the one with PMA in it. It shits me aswell when people go "hey, i always get it from the same guy", "oh these are rumoured to be good" . I dont care what people believe there are Dealers out there who dont know what the fucks in their pills , they care about the money & yes, they want to keep the customer but you dont know where they got it from & where that guy got it from & so on. Also even when u know about "good pills" going around there will always be imitations. You know, i think that more than one manufacturer has a smiley press. I used to test every pill i got from a batch. Nowadays i've gotten slack (not good) i only test one from the batch. But i always test my pills. I have Respect for drug use, my body & life Very good thread. Just be careful people!

they are $25 each, so it works out to 50 for the both, but for people who dont want to internet order, or can't due to whatever reason. and yeah, they are EZ-test, same as the ones at off-ya TRee

It never stops surprising me as to the ignorance of the general ecstacy using population. Talk to people at a club or whereever and you will hear the same shit "these pills have a bit of smack in them", "the bad red mitzis have crack in them" or my favourite "there are some shitty pills going around that make you spew, they have some shit called MDMA in them or something". But what really annoys me is that there are people who don't even know what press their pills are or scoff at pill testers and just say fuck that.
I don't know I guess it just comes down to people having had a few decent experiences on pills and then becoming blazee (sp?) and thinking that they will not get dangerous or/and adulterated pills. I think its a matter of just not caring but I would still urge people to try and encourage others to get one, maybe show friends how they work?
Anyway I'm scat as (damn red russians, tested of course), so I hope this made some sense

I hear ya Psy-Taco...

There are some Damn ignorant and Nieve people out there!

The amount of people I've met (or mates) in clubs and asked them what they're on and they reply to me with... *I don't Know* or *I didn't look, I trust my dealer* it's like.... OKAY maybe you can trust your dealer, but fact is... I don't think your dealer knows what's in these and I don't think he cares mate, as long as he's making his quick buck they don't care!

If I were a Dealer I would have a pill put to the side that I used for testing to show people at anytime they purchased off me... so that they could see the tester. See how it works and understand every pill that they drop untested may be a *Death Pill* (as the media would call it) You just can't risk anything these days! I wouldn't mind a PMA pill to use as a scare tactic to make people purchase these things....

Ohhh I wonder what my dealers will say when I start testing infront of them! 8) Shall be interesting!

SpecTBK=D

Who needs MDMA when you can get a fully sick eccie with K+speed in it!!!! ;):p;)

People who are so blazey DESERVE to get their brains all fucked up and have a terrible night out. I have NO sympathy for those people. Especially the one's that call you names for 'testing' your pills.

TBK- testing in front of a dealer, hmm that is one dicey situation if ever I have experienced one, particularly if you hardly know them. Have tested in front of dealers before the ones I know well didn't mind and one I just met at a rave thought it was cool but said that some people may get shitty if you ask to test first. One guy I tested in front got very angry after I said 'no deal' to some speed bombs, tough shit for him!
dealers test your stuff!

Pill Testing in Australia - Making ecstasy testing kits culture

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Interesting read on changing the status quo out there on pill testers posted by old time (now departed?) member Pinger "Pill Testing in Australia - Making ecstasy testing kits culture" Food for thought, given the responses in a recent thread on "Do you test your pills" If any MODs want to dig up the thread and re-post it in Ozdrug discussion that would be great.

Sometimes I still read threads on bluelight that give me chills. And most commonly I get the shits when people ignore harm minimisation advice. But people who don’t test their pills is guaranteed to put me in grumpy old bastard mode.
www.Pillreports.com is moreso scary, but I guess most people that go there are after the most “fuck for buck” and aren’t looking for harm minimisation sermons from clowns like me.
But it’s the general population I’m more worried about. I was at a party (yes, occasionally they take us on field trips here at the old people’s home) the other night, and during my conversations with numerous randoms (this medication they have me on at the home makes grandpa a bit chatty) I did not find one single person who tested their pills. This from probably a dozen to 15 people. And this was not a wave-your-glowstick-if-your-on-your-ecstasy-honeymoon crowd either. More of a seasoned clubber type crowd.
A couple of them looked at me like I was from outer space, about a quarter to a third had never heard of it, and the others trotted out the same old garbage that:
“Always get my gear from the same guy.”
“It’s always good.”
“You can’t test before you buy.”
“I usually buy in clubs. Can’t bring a tester in here.”
“Still wont tell you how strong the pill is.”
“I trust my dealer.”
“My dealer tests them for me.”
This is shit. I trust my dealer. Hell, he is a good mate. But I don’t trust him with my life. That is a responsibility I refuse to subcontract. Despite the fact that I know he tests all his pills, and is also an extremely educated guy, I still test every time I get a pill from him.
I guess I better explain where this rant is going before they bring the restraints out again. I’d like to see bluelighters take a more active approach in Pill testing. By this I don’t mean going to the lengths of setting up testing stalls (although this is my Utopia), rather one simple thing you can do is to try to educate and encourage others who don’t test. How? I’m not sure. As much as I pretend to, I don’t have all the answers, but maybe a good starting point is a simple conversation. If your having one in a club with a random and the conversation strays to pills, maybe mention it if you are comfortable. Don’t come over all preachy like I am, but maybe slip it in. If you get a bite, give em a run down. Maybe write something down on a drink coaster, cos god knows I have the memory of a goldfish after a big night. Hell, it’s a rough form or geurilla marketing but it’s a product I don’t mind pushing.
The second thing is this post. I’d like to maybe make it a resource for Pill Testing. And for that I need your contributions. I’ll come back and clip any good information into the body of the main post, and moderators, feel free to cut/paste at will.

Pill Testers
EZ-Test, or "pill testers" as they are colloquially known, are bottles of testing fluid used to screen ecstacy pills for adulterants. Usually, a small sample of powder is scraped from a pill for testing, and a drop of the testing fluid is applied to the sample. Any colour change that occurs in the testing fluid can indicate the presence of certain active ingredients, thus giving an indication of the contents of the pill.
Traditionally, testers contained a solution of concentrated sulphuric acid and formaldehyde, known as Marquis Reagent. Some vendors add methanol to slow the speed of the colour change reaction. With a basic Marquis tester, a colour change to purple/black indicates the presence of "ecstacy-like" compounds (ie. MDMA, MDEA, MDA). A colour change to orange can indicate the presence of "speed-like" compounds (ie. amphetamine, methamphetamine), and a colour change slowly grey to black while releasing vapour may indicate the presence of dextromethorphan (DXM). Recently other testers have become available which contain different reagents (such as Mandelin Reagent, Simon's Reagent, Robadope's Reagent). These testers are suitable for further investigation of the content of an unknown pill, however it would be prudent to mention that Marquis reagent is the first choice for adulterant screening in ecstacy pills.
See also: FAQ on Testing Kits
Where can I get an EZ-Test in Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East?
EZ-Test brand testers can be mail-ordered directly from the manufacturer at www.eztest.com or by clicking the advertising link for EZ-Test found on Bluelight webpages. EZ-Test contribute an amount from the sale of each tester bought using those links back to The New Bluelight.
In Australia, locally produced testers called E or Marquis, and E2 or Mandelin can be purchased from shops that normally sell smoking paraphernalia, and some record and clothing shops stock these products.
Testers may also be purchased from local harm minimisation groups.
Internet Sources

* www.eztest.com or http://www.mdma.nl/
* www.dancesafe.org (Mecke test kit- probably more suited to America where DXM is a more common Adulterant)
* www.chemicalsolutions.com.au

Over the counter (please add sources, especially if there are other non-capital city retailers)
VICTORIA
Melbourne- Off Ya Tree
Melbourne- Polyester Books, Brunswick Street.
Dandenong- Heidi Rose Clothing and Handicrafts, 61 Foster Street (more details on page 2 - see carrion's post)
or just email [email protected]
NSW
Sydney- Reachin Records, Central Station Records
Wyong- wyong smoke shop (located outside wyong station)
QUEENSLAND
Brisbane- Off Ya Tree (Adelaide Street, City) sell E1 & E2 kits.
Central Station (in the City) sell EZ Test kits
Eastern Echo, Coolangatta (maybe check first)
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Perth- Joint Venture
SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Adelaide- Korruptions (Rundle Mall)
ACT
Canberra- Code Blue (local Harm Minimisation group) contact madmick on [email protected]
Adam and Eve (sex store in fyshwick)
Adult World (" " " )
Baileys Arcade Tobacconist
NORTHERN TERRITORY
Darwin-
TASMANIA
Hobart-
Pill Testing organisations

* Enlighten- http://www.enlighten-hr.org/ (local harm minimisation group that sometimes run ecstasy testing stalls.
* www.pilltest.com (O/S org which will run full GS content test on suspect pills)

General Ranting

* If you live with your parents get a friend to get one for you.
* If you don’t have a credit card, get a friend to do it for you.
* If you live in an isolated area, ask a less isolated bluelighter nicely, send em some money, and they just might help you.
* Always test before you buy. Any dealer that will not let you test a scraping off a pill is hiding something. Be an educated and assertive customer. Alternatively, ask for a refund on any post tested pills which do not test properly.
* Try not to buy in clubs. It is much harder to test in clubs.
* You CAN afford it. The first time you test a bunk pill you make your money back. Not to mention the hospital bills you avoid.

So yeah, thanks for getting this far- now over to you guys.
PS. I thought I should qualify I have no financial interest or otherwise in any testing kit parties etc. Rather, I don’t want to come to bluelight and read that we lost a member because they didn’t test a pill, nor do I want to read in the paper about such an event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enlighten Testing Kits are now available in Brisbane from "Everything Adult"

Also Happy High Herbs in Surfers are selling Enlighten kits.

old thread but i'll add my brief 2c

While the testing of pills is and should be considered very good practice, they are still very inconclusive unless you use fair amounts and def. more than 1 or 2 reagents.

Even with large samples and the use of every reagent available the pill may contain trace amounts MDxx mixed with other actives such as PMA which is very hard to identify with current reagents. I have not read nor seen any conclusive evidence that the reagents readily available here have a significant colour change when in contact with a MDxx/PMA blended pill - so how can users still feel safe and 'trust' these testing kits?

Surely the use of testing kits without good education to back them up would lead to people coming complacent and trusting everything the little bottle of liquid tells them?

Agreed. But reagent testing is the only option available to Australian users right now. It would be great if Australian's had access to proper lab testing, such as is available in Europe, but that is going to take political change.

Wouldn't it be great if there was someone lobbying for that change? Well, funnily enough, there is and they have been scoring some major wins in that battle. And they are funded through the sale of testing kits. So buy one. Or just donate.

Old thread, but wanted to add my 2c. I started testing a couple of years ago after getting a speed bomb. Since then I have found a few dodgey pills, so I have saved $$$$, not to mention the safety aspect

Party Safe!