• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

"Pill mills" vs Broward County

I have my own thoughts on how this is effecting heroin use. There is no doubt in my mind that the reformulation of these pills and the tightening of prescribing has caused an increase in heroin use, but I also think that it's giving dope dealers a free pass on being able to sell inferior product. When the original OxyContin was still around for cheap, you could always tell your dope dealer to fuck off if his product didn't make it cost efficient over oxy. Now that there are less pills around and they are more expensive, we don't have that to hold over their head as much. I remember a few years back when one of my dope dealers had a shitty product and roxis were still cheap I explained to him that the whole appeal of dope was that it was cheaper than pharmies, so if his product was shitty then I would just stick to pills.

Also, with all these people switching to dope after the OxyContin and now Opana was reformulated, there are a lot of new customers that don't know what good dope is. A couple of years ago if you wanted weight in dope in NY you had to cop in the city, but since it became so popular the dealers have started to run mills in the suburbs on LI and elsewhere, so now you can cop weight just about anywhere, but the quality and quantity is not the same as the original bags from the city. That's when all of these blank unstamped bags started surfacing compared to years ago when everything was stamped and taped. That's also why you hear of so many people not being able to get great dope all the time. Sure there are still consistent dope dealers around, but now that there are so many dope dealers, you have to look a bit harder to find the good stuff. There are probably 4 shitty dealers for every 1 good dealer now since the influx in the popularity of dope, whereas as little as 3 years ago there were so many more consistent dealers. I've known people that only had shitty connects, and I had to warn them to be careful when going through a new connect because bag for bag the new connects dope may be twice as strong as the shittier ones.

It sucks because New York was like one of the few states that seemed like they had the right idea a few years ago with suboxone and methadone and such and now thanks to one asshole and a gun they pretty much just want everyone with an addiction to GTFO. Ever think what drives a man to go into a pharmacy and murder 5 people? There's no excuse for what he did. But obviously the United States Army thought he was sane enough for combat....he probably got fed up with all the BULLSHIT that comes with this addiction and decided...yeah...I'm off subject. I think everyone knows my feelings and I hope you can understand my anger. Don't worry...i'd never do what he did in a million years...it just makes me very frustrated with society as a whole. Stop kicking us to the curb. We're your construction workers, waiters, cops, veterans, doctors, pastors, nurses...not zombies. We can't infect you if we bite you with "Addiction" disease lol...

Fuck David Laffer! Seriously, who shoots up a pharmacy for vicodin?!?!? Then a few months later there was that other murder from a pharmacy robbery gone bad, and I think that just recently there was another one in the city. I knew right after the Laffer guy shot that pharmacy up that they were going to crack down on pain doctors a lot, but I wasn't expecting it to be this rediculous.

It's becoming a lot harder in NY to get high # scripts of 30's, even with past drug history and legit needs for the medication. Doctors are being intimidated by the DEA, plus the media coverage absolutely stigmatized this wonderful drug that helps patients have a better quality of life. FLA has been slow for almost a year now, sure they're still some mills left, but the out-of-state, in house pharms, and doc shopping game got shut down and that's what was popping about it. No doubt FLA was responsible for a lot of stuff coming into NY, LI (where you're from), and much along the EC and it really made things dry round those parts, which as a result I heard drove up the prices everywhere. Although there still spots in FLA, other states are known for having mills too. There is a void to be filled and there will always be someone to fill it. @80mg you'd be surprised through, they're known places in NY that do just that, but as of recently a lot of them got shut down or the docs licenses surrendered As much as the DEA disgusts me, I must say they really put a dent in the diverted supply. I am interested to see the direction it goes, as most people speculate my guess is most people are either switching to dope or going on Sub/MMT programs.

I have a friend here in NY that is a legitimate pain patient (with proof from MRIs and everything) that had one of his scripts for 90 15mg morphine pills completely discontinued over two months, and the other script for 120 percocet reduced to 90 the follwing month. The doctors are definitely too paranoid now. If a patient has all the proper documents to confirm that their condition warrants narcotics, then the doctors should not have to worry. It's the patients that had no MRIs and would just complain about pain and get scripts for it that are the ones that should be cut off first.

I have a friend here in NY that is a legitimate pain patient (with proof from MRIs and everything) that had one of his scripts for 90 15mg morphine pills completely discontinued over two months, and the other script for 120 percocet reduced to 90 the follwing month. The doctors are definitely too paranoid now. If a patient has all the proper documents to confirm that their condition warrants narcotics, then the doctors should not have to worry. It's the patients that had no MRIs and would just complain about pain and get scripts for it that are the ones that should be cut off first.

Well thats the problem with the doctor and patient situation. The people that do need it can't get it because the doctors are cutting back and the people that don't need it are screwing it up for them. Now the amount of hoops one must go through to even get considered for an opiate script is crazy. Plus once you have the script the UA, random pill counts, and the doctors opinion all make it even harder to stay on. These days if you don't have an MRI, don't even think about going near pain management. I've had friends that have had #90 and #120 30mg oxy's for years with legit needs and just got dropped from their DOC because they needed to trim patients that got opiates, so they wouldn't be so scrutinized. Things in NY have really gotten insane. Like you guys mentioned the pharm robberies didn't help, nor did the increase of OD's, increase in related arrests, and the media coverage of everything negative related to oxys, but never the positive effects.

I also agree with you TommyBoy about the dope game and how there is more trash then legit product. Due to more people looking for it the demand increased, resulting in more dealers with more product, most of which is inferior to blues. There is def good dope out here, but the majority of the dealers either have trash or just looking to make a quick buck off the people scrambling for pills.

I have my own thoughts on how this is effecting heroin use. There is no doubt in my mind that the reformulation of these pills and the tightening of prescribing has caused an increase in heroin use, but I also think that it's giving dope dealers a free pass on being able to sell inferior product. When the original OxyContin was still around for cheap, you could always tell your dope dealer to fuck off if his product didn't make it cost efficient over oxy. Now that there are less pills around and they are more expensive, we don't have that to hold over their head as much. I remember a few years back when one of my dope dealers had a shitty product and roxis were still cheap I explained to him that the whole appeal of dope was that it was cheaper than pharmies, so if his product was shitty then I would just stick to pills.

Also, with all these people switching to dope after the OxyContin and now Opana was reformulated, there are a lot of new customers that don't know what good dope is. A couple of years ago if you wanted weight in dope in NY you had to cop in the city, but since it became so popular the dealers have started to run mills in the suburbs on LI and elsewhere, so now you can cop weight just about anywhere, but the quality and quantity is not the same as the original bags from the city. That's when all of these blank unstamped bags started surfacing compared to years ago when everything was stamped and taped. That's also why you hear of so many people not being able to get great dope all the time. Sure there are still consistent dope dealers around, but now that there are so many dope dealers, you have to look a bit harder to find the good stuff. There are probably 4 shitty dealers for every 1 good dealer now since the influx in the popularity of dope, whereas as little as 3 years ago there were so many more consistent dealers. I've known people that only had shitty connects, and I had to warn them to be careful when going through a new connect because bag for bag the new connects dope may be twice as strong as the shittier ones.

Fuck David Laffer! Seriously, who shoots up a pharmacy for vicodin?!?!? Then a few months later there was that other murder from a pharmacy robbery gone bad, and I think that just recently there was another one in the city. I knew right after the Laffer guy shot that pharmacy up that they were going to crack down on pain doctors a lot, but I wasn't expecting it to be this rediculous.

Yup. It's funny. When I talk to people out of state who neverl ived here there like "you live in NEW YORK how hard can it be?" IDK they think NY is like just a big mecca for drugs...and yes we get some good heroin...prescriptions is another story.

Yeah. I'm one of those who used to do hydros, percs, opana. then everything dried up and everyone else started doing H, so i said why not. besides, the DEA really don't give a fuck about people like us. I wouldn't be surprised if they all wanted us to die to make their jobs easier. Whatever, Going over to jersey made things easier as far as H and benzos for a little while. but now that i'm living back in ny, it's dry again. hate it out here.

Heroin isn't the only way out. There's a bunch of people, including me, that got onto methadone maintenance because of pills--especially in Broward. Just saying.

when I did pills I was able to control my use until I came across hundreds of pills for pennies in the dollar and then it fucked me..but when I was payin normal street prices I didn't to overboard..

It cost about 100$ to see these script doctors or more. the pills cost even more. You can get ALOT more heroin (probably 3-5x more) that is (5-10x stronger) so in my opinion, take the safer legal drugs and leave the heroin for me :)

^Yeah and then you'll run out in like one week.

My opinion is that people with legitimate pain problems have had to suffer because of all this bull shit. Remember these drugs are prescribed to help people with pain, so by trying to eliminate them there hurting patients.

I live in South Florida and can now no longer find a doc that will write anything decent. No insurance, plenty of cash but still...head on collision about 2 months ago left me with severely herniated disc that I have MRI for and still.csnt find help.