• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phycadellics and how it will affect my mental state..

MushroomHut

Greenlighter
Hey guys, i am new to this page but have been floating around for quite some time gathering info on phycadellic drugs to better enhance my experiences,
Before i continue i want to just say i wanted to start a new thread because i feel like i need it pin pointed to how im feeling,
A little info on myself : 19, light experience with lsd, mushrooms, and lots of experience with mdma and marijuana,

So only just this year ive actually realised that i have anxiety and over thinking problems and most of the time it is really bad when i smoke weed (only this year). Ive been smoking for at least 3 years on and off and also fulltime, and i feel like this itself is the reason for why i havw anxiety and overthinking problems..
in previous times lsd and mushrooms have given me trips that could of taken me further in depth into loosing reality and finding myself but i havent let myself go because i was to worried avout what everyone else was doing around me, i feel like i have the potential to be a very spiritual tripper and i know it can be a healing and teaching experience for myself, which ive already got grips of... my question to you guys tho, now that ive realised that i have these problems with over thinking and anxiety and also second guessing everything, if i continue to take trips, will it make these things worse or potentially bring out new mental problems that ive had hidden in my brain?? I wanted to trip by myself on only one 150 ug tab because i feel like i could reach a level i couldnt when tripping but im kind of worried now that it will bring ut more problems than i can handle.. i have my head screwed on with a very positive view on life that whatever gets in my way as in, problems and hurdles i will always overcome it, thats just how ive always been. Ive recently stopped taking mdma and pills and also cutting right back from smokignmarijuana because of the toll it has on my thoughts for a long while after and i iust dont see a point in it, but im extremely keen to continue tripping, hense why im asking this. I feel like if i knew for sure that there most likely wouldnt be an increase in mental problems if i had the right set and setting and the right mind state when tripping, then i will continue to do so but just wanted to double check because i really dont want to enter a hole that i will not be able to dig myself out of , if i had the chance to say no and stop myself...

Also, which would be better suited for a person like me, mushrooms or lsd??
I quite enjoy mushrooms but have only tried it two times on being in bali with a horrible set and setting and had to force myself to spew most of it out because it was to much of a peak at the start and i felt like i wouldnt be able to handle it and the other time was just off two grams dried and gave me insight into how mushrooms would be.
Ive only had 2 big nights on lsd and one of them made me think ALOT the whole next week.
Also could anyone give me advice on smoking on trips now that i have realised i have anxiety and overthinking problems, is there no point as it will certaintly make it to hard on my brain and make me think to much, or will one single cone or half a joint be okay.. i know alot of it is experimenting but i just wanted advice from trippers who know what they are doing!

any advice or questions i will be happy to answer and take in. Thanks guys ??

I have extremely similar issues while smoking weed. But ive found while tripping lsd (500ug) at the very least, no matter how much i smoke it just makes me trip harder. Now depending on the type of lsd you are taking (blotter, microgells, or liquid) and how good the acid is in general will determine if it will pull you down staircases of extremely deep thought or not. For example my first trip ever was 500ug of the gell tabs and i had an extremely enjoyable and spiritually enlightening trip!

I think the most i have taken was 450 ug in a night, and that was crazy i closed my eyes and when i wanted to open them i had patters across my eyes like as iff they were stitched shut and it gave me the impression that if i left them closed id be off on a long journy, the problem was i had 6 mates with me and they burst into the room when this was happening so just left it and never went back to it, im extremely keen to have a full indepth trip but need to just be patient and careful i think.
I usually get blotter thats the only stuff thats available to me !

People disagree with me, and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can easily cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. In fact, if weed affects you the way you describe, why bother with it at all? I quit smoking weed 40 years ago and I've had a happy, productive life. You can, too. ;)

Mushrooms can be dark and difficult, and they are high anxiety for a lot of people, so why not stick with LSD?

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
I probably will be tripping on lsd more so then shrooms, because of availability but i was just worried because for some weird reason i felt like lsd had more of an affect on my mental health compared to shrooms, just need to research more most likely, cheers for the replies :)