• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

Bloody strange doggo I saw, it doesn't do any borks & not a fan of dog food!!!

DSCF2845-1.jpg

Log out of your imgur account and just upload it as a non-member
Its somewhat strange that you didn't just point me in the direction of that "attach file" button down there. Almost as if you may have been trying to avoid my ever having found it?!... I smell a conspiracy afoot and it's somewhat stinkier than m'old cheesers after a 16 hour shift on the finest factory line in America

Some random pictures

My band set up about to play a show late this summer
LaCMOUI.jpg

Some turkey tail mushrooms my friend and I found while tripping
iynyBY1.jpg

Our drummer set up in the studio this past week for album recording
FSJ34Dv.jpg

Some miso ramen I made
zYrKupU.jpg

New orchid flowers (oncidium "Twinkle Fantasy")
6TZxRih.jpg

More orchids flowers (Oncidium cheiroporum)
bGGzmtH.jpg

A forest of orchids not in flower with some of my art on the wall in the corner
hks1Lmb.jpg

An orchid about to bloom (been waiting 2 years so pretty exciting) (Brassocattleya "Yellow Bird")
qMcUvoU.jpg

@Xorkoth

Looks like a setup you would see before Weedeater take the stage, I note NO Orange amps though!!???!!?!?
What kinda music you play?

It's like a fusion of Americana/funk/rock/jam band. I play keys, the Nord Electro 6 and Moog sub-phatty on top of it are mine. :)

In my band other, the guitar player used to play through an Orange amp, but now he uses a Marshall because he finds it far superior. Although he does have an Orange brand speaker cabinet.

I really enjoy taking photos of water. I use my Nikon 3200D and set the exposure time to extremely short. These pictures are of a tiny waterfall about 6 inches tall, and capturing the splash:

P1hqD6n.jpg

xuR7xr0.jpg

This one is a photo of a glass of water, as I stomped on the deck to vibrate it:

Z6lRZcN.jpg

This one is a bowl of water set on top of some paintings I did on a block of wood. The water is tapped with a straw and photos are taken through the moving water:

xso8jiO.jpg

This one is from my iPhone, using the "Noir" filtetr which is a very dramatic black and white setting. The photo is of a beautiful blue sky with wispy clouds on a sunny day, looking up with some tree branches framing it. The result looks dark and dramatic, basically the opposite of how it looked to my eye. I really like the juxtaposition.

tKyp9EM.jpg

A nice spider pic with a soft blurred background:

wyKGXIy.jpg

This was a photo I took where I focused on some pine needles that were very close to the camera, so it put the background out of focus and made a really interesting effect:

IKirZmT.jpg

A wild lily that captured the sunlight and was glowing like a lantern:

NQh1e4v.jpg

A tiny little red mite, peeking over a vast chasm (from its perspective at least):

MXnkHPc.jpg

Around 1875 painter somehow unknown, description 'Black man in a coupe' I am leaning more to 'Cool dandy in a coupe' I like about everything about it. And ttoday I againg got the chence to shoot it and share,
3-D681-F6-C-53-E0-4107-8-FB4-60-FF65-C6-F99-E-1.jpg

And a close up of an old Firetruck horn I made.

sireno.jpg

This is a photo I took of (I think) an Indian Paintbrush, when my girl and I were camping/volunteering at a 9000-foot elevation wolf sanctuary in Colorado. Pretty sure I used the vivid filter on my iPhone but I love how vibrant it looks... they looked pretty much just like this in real life and without the vivid filter I didn't feel like the photos were doing it justice:

dnFhbPF.jpg

Some mountains around there and the road... I like the composition of this one (also iPhone... assume that unless I specify otherwise):

Xxwh7aH.jpg

This was at Great Sand Dunes national park, same trip, the day before the wolf sanctuary. We hiked up this pass up to like 11,000 feet. At one point outran a storm that suddenly appeared. On the way back down I got this picture, looking down at the dunes:

D6cG6gz.jpg

A few more from that trip:

b8bNRwK.jpg

oPliSIh.jpg

The next one is a picture of a bright blue sky from under some branches, with some clouds. But using the "noir" filter on my iPhone, which creates such a dramatic and gorgeous black and white effect:

uyBSr6P.jpg

bbY9YxU.jpg

Change of time and place, but I just saw one of my favorites, looking through my imgur. I won a photo contest with this one I'm pretty sure... but damn do I love this picture. My girl and I were on a hike on a warm late winter day. There was still snow and ice but everything was melting. I found this frozen waterfall and took a close-up:

oSCbo9d.jpg
These shots are really good. Colorado is beautiful land .

Oh shit! 🤯🤕😁 the psychedelic broccoli. @Xorkoth What store was this at again? & Did you enhance the greens?
From those 2 latest pic's you posted, Colorado. How comes the walls are so clean not a single piece or tag on it. Nice shot's both btw.

And the fractal Cole is displaying early sign's of decay. The black spot's.

Oh shit! 🤯🤕😁 the psychedelic broccoli. @Xorkoth What store was this at again? & Did you enhance the greens?

I didn't enhance anything, it was at Whole Foods. It's called Romanesco broccoli, it looks more like cauliflower than broccoli but it's way trippier than other vegetables. The closer you look, the more you realize how fractallized it is. I had never seen it before, I couldn't believe it was real.