• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenprobamate

You got ripped of seriously

I get zero effects from 800-900 mg, even with the wiki article listing the dose as 400-800 mg. And has anyone else who has tried this noticed that it has literally no taste at all? I've sampled a fair number of raw chemicals in my day and they all have some taste to them. The phenprobamate however has zero taste. I'm wondering if I got ripped off by the vendor.

Phenbropamate has the worst most disgusting taste in the world, it leaves that same taste their for days, even ruins eating pizza. Your closer to 1gm dose mark so you should feel a tlle something, the shit i have now has multicoler specles in it and keeps you up at night, meaning it was cut with ephedrine or similar and crushed juiimies but a few table spoons buzzes me out woner how much i have to take to get floored, its a shit drug anyway
i've gotten it pure and bad tast you really need2-3 gms in my opinion if you want to really feel anything cool. its really a mixer drug good to have around if you get some opioids/benzos just make sure you compensate with small doses. but if it has no taste and effect i have no idea, baking soda tastes, not sure about baking poder, or talcum powder.. any chemists have any gueeses on a white, tasteless, non-pycoactive, easily obtainible..coulda been mannitol

i've literally gotten better downer effects from Depakote than carbamate muscle relaxants like carisoprodol, meprobamate, or phenprobamate.

Again, I love Soma, Alcohol, Benzos, Barbs (not so much pheno or butabital) but Baclofen I could never take.

B/c Soma isn't available in Canada I was prescribed Baclofen 3 10mg a day which I thought was similar.

I would take 1 or 2 and that day I'd be a bit fucked like a few shots of rakia/Slivovitz however by the time Id wake up next day Id be throwing my guts out for at least half that day.

I was confused so were my friends and guys that told me they never throw up (who also had Soma and other drugs) told me from as less as 2 pills they threw up from it next day, hence swearing off from it.

I just hope this isn't one of those fucking things.....

You're comparing apples to oranges- baclofen is a selective GABA-b agonist (i.e., GHB, GVL, etc)... it has very antidepressant like effects for me, along w/ anxiolytic, sedative, & euphoric effects. But anything over 50mg and, too, am throwing up the next day.. w/ extreme sedation. I think its very touchy drug.

However, most other GABAergics are GABA-a drugs; while GABAergic carbamates aren't confirmed GABA-a positive modulators.. they're highly suspected to be so from in vivo studies & GABAergic inverse agonists effectively inhibiting their effects; particularly w/ meprobamate & to a lesser degree carisoprodol. They're be no reason whatsoever to assume phenprobamate has GABA-b properties- as GABA-b receptors are metabotropic & G-protein linked; GABA-a receptors are ionotropic.. they exist on different neuron complexes.

I'm considering making a purchase of about 50 grams, but am a bit concerned that my GABAergic tolerance is too high to make he purchase worthwhile.
I'm rx'd carisoprodal for spasmodic back pain, and I require 2,800mg staggered over 3-4 hours to get any euphoric effects;
Would it be possible for anyone to speculate on an effective threshold dose for this compound?

*scratches head* and then the world will try pcp and everyone will realize unapproved downers and uppers are unnaproved medicines not worth being medicines.

Well, I had the opportunity to try phenprobamate recently and I had more than enough (the equivalent of 50 phenprobamates at 400mg each)! I bought carisoprodol from a Canadian vendor who decided to give me phenprobamate thinking I wouldn't notice the difference between carisoprodol and phenprobamate!

Well, let me tell you, a few 350mg doses weren't doing what I was used to, so I increased from 350mg doses to 500mg doses. Literally *every time* I take 1,050mg - 1,400mg (max) of carisoprodol I get a lot of relief, including anxiety relief and increased euphoria when mixed with opioids or benzos. I can usually feel 700mg doses of carisoprodol (always on an empty stomach), and if I drink 1-2 small sips of wine it potentiates the carisoprodol in a very good way that I don't enjoy with any other downer (neither benzos nor opioids).

After taking 1,500mg, I noticed that there was something 'off'! Like someone said before, it felt like an extremely muddy/dirty version of carisoprodol with the 'bonus' features of increasing blood pressure and even anxiety. On about 3,000mg/day I felt more anxious than before taking it! Drinking with phenprobamate, even on doses of over 3,000mg - 4,000mg a day has *absolutely* no impact on increasing euphoria or sedation. If anything, alcohol is more or less required because phenprobamate makes one relatively agitated (even if one is taking benzos or opioids, or both!!).

The easiest way to tell if it's carisoprodol or phenprobamate is for one to have 1-2 small sips of wine after taking 700mg - 1,050mg carisoprodol, the effects should easily increase by x2 - x3! Not the case with phenprobamate, one can drink 1-2L of wine and still not potentiate it! Anything over 1,400mg carisoprodol (mixed with opioids and benzos) is enough to put me to sleep and if I have a sip of wine then for sure it's enough to nod out several times (eventually falling asleep). Phenprobamate didn't make me sedated/sleepy (mixed with benzos and opioids) even when I took 3,000g in the course of 2hrs! Not euphoria either!

I would rate phenprobamate lower than even Robaxin (methcarbamol, sp?)! I'd rather take oxazepam, phenazepam, diclazepam (my 3 least favorite benzos). Even etizolam is *much* more therapeutic in all aspects as far as muscle relaxation goes and even the chemicals I mentioned are capable of providing more euphoria/sedation than phenprobamate! I might even prefer Pregabalin or Gabapentin over this stuff which was shittier than any of the 4 -5 muscle relaxants I've tried.

Phenprobamate and dechloretizolam were the absolute worst/garbage drugs I've ever had the misfortune to buy and the biggest waste of money!

*WARNING*
Careful of a certain Canadian vendor who has both carisoprodol and phenprobamate! Latley he has been sending anyone that orders carisoprodol the much shittier phenprobamate and I was one of those people! I was able to tell instantly after the first dose that it wasn't carisoprodol! I could tell by the onset, by the difference in effects, by the fact the dosages I was used to carisoprodol didn't work for phenprobamate, etc. I believe with all my heart that the people who posted claiming that phenprobamate is better than carisoprodol or meprobamate, are actually vendors of phenprobamate themselves with ulterior motives behind their statements! You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Vendors run a business and every business carries risks! If you have a shit product, don't fucking stock it until you run out of the kilo or more you got at bottom prices from Asia........throw the fucking shit away or better yet dispose of it at a pharmacy! What kind of businessman are you? Remember this (you know who you are, piece of shit motherfucker), everybody has their day : )

Last edited:
Yeah id be infuriated. Phenprobamate is awful and nothing like carisoprodol.

Interestingly enough i made this thread a decade ago 🤔