• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut for Amphetamine comedown?

IHateColleg

Greenlighter
Hello,
I don't have amphetamine right now, but in the past I have suffered some nasty comedowns from amphetamines(Adderall, usually). I got some phenibut recently, and I wonder if it will be safe to take after the Adderall?
Has anybody tried this? What's a good dose for the reduction of anxiety and sweating, if one was to take say, 20 mg of Adderall, and what is the timing you do for the dosing of the phenibut, considering it has a longer come-up period?

FunnyButt is a natural supplement, so I think you're probably okay taking 500 mg

What is your normal dosage of phenibut?

Though I hold knowledge and experience of both of these substances, I have not experienced them in this specific combination, nor know of much available info in regards...I would suspect logically that potential for harm/danger should be relatively minimal, but I'd have to actually look to give you certainty.

But all just top of my head, I can't think of any possible contraindications between the two, should be safe enough within the correct dosage ranges and with proper safety precautions and measures taken of course, shouldn't be much worse than either on its own.
But one thing I see likely presenting an bit of a problem (though just in wasting your drugs, not in safety), is amphetamine's nature to be less bioavailable in more acidic environments/conditions....which would no doubt be created by consumption of phenibut, obviously.

As for my thoughts on its potential for this manner of use- I would be surprised if it wasn't helpful for the anxiety and a fair bit of crash associated symptoms, but sweating is questionable.

To give you any bit of accurate dosage or timing advice I need the details necessary to do so.....(ie your normal dosages of each drug individually, your personal effect timetable for each, more would be helpful but these 2 are actually necessary). Happy to help if you make it possible for me to lol.

-PA

I'd much rather have a muscle-relaxing, sedating BZD like diazepam or temazepam, a sedating antihistamine like promethazine or hydroxyzine, and an Indica-dominant strain of cannabis.

Phenibut was never much useful in the way of amphetamine comedowns, moreso in synergy with the stimulants.

Phenibut is such a hit or miss drug, it's inconsistent.

I usually dose 1-2g of phenibut when I do use it. I've been trying to limit my use to once a week or less, and I've found it does help with Adderall comedowns, but I still kind of love-hate Adderall, so I've been laying off that as well. I feel like I'm slowly working my way out of my drug season of my life, but I'm not sure if I'm convinced that's really true lol.
All in all, I feel like if you want to keep going on with your day, but feel like crap after your Adderall dose, a careful dose of phenibut can help.

Hi,

I've experienced this combo and, so far, I didn't love it.

I'm prescribed 25mg of Adderall XR and I've taken it daily for a couple years. I also experience bad comedowns (i.e. depression, anxiety,spaciness,social awkwardness,overthinking etc.) and often during class, as I chose to take mostly night classes this semester for some reason.

I ordered 200 (250mg each) phenibut capsules and i only took one toward the tail end of the day, as the seller advised I start with just one to gauge my tolerance. At first, while home alone, I felt slight euphoria, which included dry mouth, this excited feeling in my body, and just overall kinda nice. I didn't feel sedated though. I left my apartment and headed to class. The subway ride filled me with that same anxiety and when I got to class, and had to work in groups to complete certain tasks, I found I was weirder than ever. I was very weird, very obviously on edge, and neurotic af about it too. It definitely didn't work like xanax for me but I am willing to give it another try. I'm thinking of taking two or three (500-750mg) this time and seeing how that goes.

The only things that work in my experience in benzo's, quetiapin and ketamine. At least works understood as one falls a sleep, get rid of side effects like sweating, shaking, tense muscles etc., and wake up the next day without feeling down.