TDS Phenibut Addiction Doctor's Visit

I saw my Pysch today and tried to explain what Phenibut was and of course she hadn't heard of it. Ended up getting a prescription filled for Gabapentin though. I have taken Gabapentin before with quite a bit of success. I have been totally clean for close to 30 days (If I am not there already). I know my Gaba receptors are readjusting, but I have had some pretty major insomnia issues my entire life. Hopefully this helps.

Gabapentin is definitely fast becoming the gold standard medication adjunct to phenibut withdrawal!

~ V

Gabapentin is definitely fast becoming the gold standard medication adjunct to phenibut withdrawal!

~ V

Yes. I have not done my GABA receptors any favors that is for sure. I can feel a marked difference with the gabapentin. Best part of it is there is not really any "high". I felt a little euphoric and giddy the first day or two, but now I do not feel much.

For the record: I have no really craved phenibut per say. Had a few minor alcohol cravings, but nothing major. Worst craving has coming when I had some concern over my future plans, but I handled it. I am finding that getting clean is pretty easy this time around, but I am realizing that I really really need to learn how to deal with some unresolved core issues. I am way to hard on myself and have to accept certain things (Like that I will likely have some sort of off and on anxiety for the rest of my life and that I do indeed have a learning disability and that is not my fault)

i personally found using gabapentin as prescribed to be close to hell. there's a reason people call the stuff morontin.

i personally found using gabapentin as prescribed to be close to hell. there's a reason people call the stuff morontin.

I have been prescribed it before and I personally have no problems with it. Maybe because my GABA levels are already low? However, I have a relative that takes a low dose of it and claims it slows him down mentally. Currently, I am only prescribed it at night.

I guess an alternative would be something like L-Theanine for those not prescribed Gabapentin or those who do not want to use it.