PHAT pants, sewing, and desinging..

PaRaDoX

Bluelighter
Hey yall,
I recently went to my "local" phat clothing store... and I was looking around... Not currently owning any phat pants, I decided that maybe I should invest in a pair...
I was perusing the racks... Everything was on sale, keep this in mind, when I mention the price... I saw a pair of pants that were pretty cool... I thought, "gee, these kick ass" I looked at the price tag.... $100!!!!
YEAH FRICKIN RIGHT!!!
So, as a solution... here is what I did. I went to a fabric store... and I found myself a KICK ASS pattern for some PHAT AZZ pants!
I have made a pair, out of crappy material (a "test" pair if you will) and they ROCK!
Now I have some ideas of my own, and some design sketches, and I plan to alter the pattern, and make my "good copy".
no idea what my point is.. other than to say, whoever is making these pants... and selling them for insane prices... must be RICH...
I made a pair of $100 pants, for $15. including the pattern, and some "cheap" matereal. It was fairly easy too... *ignores the nightmare that is the zipper part*
at any rate... any of you who are artistic... or "so inclined" and like phat pants... break out your sewing machine, and MAKE EM YERSELF!
Custom clothes, CHEAP!
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

That's a damn good idea. It really isn't all that hard to do either - you don't need to take a course or be your mother to be able to cut out a pattern. Where did you find the pattern though?
Hey - this way too, you choose the colour, fabric, amount of pockets - personalized pockets!! One to hold the glowsticks, one for the vicks, etc.......
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

I just stuck my finger in the pattern book (once) decided to look for some pants... possibly alterable into PHAT pants, and BOOM... first try, I opened it right to some REALY PHAT pants.
and yeah, totaly customizable... colour, fabric, thickness, pockets, doo-dads, thingies, velcro, ENDLESS possibilities.
------------------
"Like a shooting star,
Accross the midnight sky!
Wherever you are,
Yer gunna see me FLY!!"
-BANG!
PaRaDoX -and PLUR for all!

$100!! Geez! Phat pants for a fat price.
The phattest pairs of pants we got at my work are $52. Still pretty frickin' steep! 'Course there's this cute raver boi who keeps peeking in to see if they're on sale yet. Mrowr
smile.gif
. I did get another pair of 26"ers for $20 tho. Luv employee discount on rad stuff
smile.gif
Um, I had a reason for replying. Something about patterns and do-it-yourself and whatnot. Oh well, lotsa fabric stores have tons of cool patterns from what I'm hearing. And, yeah, alterations baby. Lotsa kids make their pants out of 'fun fur' and kick-ass shit
smile.gif
. Sewing is kinda one of those things I've kinda wished I knew how to do. Though far below drawing (Straight lines? What're those?) and learning guitar (You want my fingers to do WHAT? No way!). 'Til then, though, I can live with my $20 26" jeans quite nicely
smile.gif
Loupy

I'm makin me some phat pants!! Yay!!
------------------
If you can't change it - get over it. If you can - do!

I sew my own but when i first started, I had this sewing/altering shop kinda of a crazy one with forgive me for saying this but lots of korean peeps doing all the werk, and they would sew phat pants in an hour for $15 if I brought in the material and pattern... it is a sweet deal! now i can do it myself- minus that whole zipper thing, velco if wonderful!!! GOOD LUCK and if you cant do it check out those alteration places. x2k

God...and I wouldn't even think twice about spending up to $200aud (US $150-) on a pair of pants I really liked. I spent WAY too much on my NYE outfit ... including $45- for a studded wrist cuff.
I really must get my spending habits in order.
I have to stop saying God so much. Especially since I haven't even read the bible
wink.gif

cheers
mona.
------------------
"Do The Jesus Thing"
Methyl-head, 14th Jan 2000.

Yeah i'm trying to cover mah visor with teddybear fur but its hella hard. It'll look soooo cute when i am done. Any suggestions?

GlowGirl just get that faux fur at like a material or craft store and then get some paper so that you can trace the visor. use that paper trace to cut out pieces.. if its like a visor made out of cloth use the seams on there as a guide... aka a diff piece for each seam. then get some craft glue or some hot glue (not too much) and start glue-ing it down.. that faux fur has a backing on there that is easy to cut and doesnt get all those straggly ends so you dont need to make any kind of hem or whatever.. just cut and glue.. have fun ::much positive energy to you::

i totally gotta agree with you - pants are WAY TOO fuckin expensive if ur gonna buy em at a store. (and besides no one ever has the type of shit im lookin for) so i have been makin my own pants for 6 months now. And i sell em too! soo..hate to make this an advertisement of any sort...but if any kids interested I make huge phat pants with all kinds of kids material and funfur ((that stuff is tha shit!)) if anyone is interested in talkin bout anything ~ email me!
smile.gif
*MWAH*
------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

My boyfriend made a pair of phat pants and they are really cool! The ones he made are camo and the softest material ever!
I think making your own pants is a great idea!
Astrix

If anyone went to Metaphysical Transformations they saw my newest latest design. I took an old pair of jeans and cut the seams up to the hip area and I inserted a really phat purple velvet strip in them. They went from the goodwill pile to my fav. pair. And it only cost about 3 bucks! Sewing is awesome cause no one else will ever have the same pair again! Peace
------------------
"if man is ever to solve that problem of politics in practice he will have to approach it through the problem of the aesthetic, because it is only through beauty that man makes his way to freedom."
~Schiller

Hey all!! i'm so glad this thread came up! I have a website and sell hippie patchwork type stuff...recently i've been makin' a lot of raver type clothes. You can buy awesome material at any local fabric store...fun fur is about $6-8 yard....(a little expensive..but not compared to store prices). Another good alternative is sheets. I know that sounds weird...but they're great! Older sheets with cool cartoons on em are the best!!! LIke Rainbow Brite and stuff. Sheets are also very inexpensive. SO, that's an idea for ya!