• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet caused long term stomach damage?

DigitalScript

Greenlighter
So, recently I decided to consume a recreational amount of Percocet 10/325 acetaminophen for my first time. I took 3 1/2, so 35 mg of oxy and 1,125 mg of acetaminophen. It was great, I loved it although I did not have any interest in popping more of these once I ran out because I know oxy is a very expensive habit to get into. (And dangerous!) Anyway, I was a little nauseous after it wore off but no big deal, I was super tired so I just slept and it was fine. I knew that the oxy had caused that nausea I experienced before, but with how oblivious I can be at times dismissed the idea and decided to do it one more time, thus ending the stash of Percocet I had. I ran out. I took the same dosage, felt amazing, thoroughly enjoyed it. Although this time when it was over, super intense nausea. At first I thought maybe it could be a stomach bug or virus, but my symptoms were contradicting that... I would throw up, feel fine and then do it again a few hours later. The nausea would be most noticeable as soon as I wake up (I usually puke right when I wake up, in fact I expect it to happen tomorrow.) and the worrisome part for me is that this has been happening every day for the past 2 weeks. So not a stomach bug. There is only 3 other options I think it could be.

1. I binged on adderall, vyvanse, ritalin, and metadate CD for 1-2 weeks everyday, so maybe nausea is the one withdrawal symptom I'm receiving? I'm not familiar with amphetamine withdrawal, but I think it wouldn't be something in my case where I vomit then feel perfectly normal after.
2. The acetaminophen completely fucked my stomach up. I've heard the acetaminophen can completely rip up your stomach or harm it so maybe that can cause puking? Not too informed on that either.
3. (I hope it isn't this one) I have an ulcer which can mean all sorts of things, but if this continues I will see a doctor very soon because I don't want this to be the case.

Extra info: I have stopped my lexapro (I wasn't on it long enough to experience any W/D symptoms, at least not any that I'm recognizing) I mean, I have a headache right now, could really use some ibuprofen.. jk. No more acetaminophen for me. I kinda scared myself with that now I'm gonna be way more cautious. And I stopped my PTSD medicine (prazosin) because I know low blood pressure can intensify or increase nausea.

The most embarrassing part about this is, after I took the Percocet again for the second time, I nodded off for a while and woke up feeling AMAZING. I was actually kind of energetic, so I went and mowed my lawn because it needed to be done. I felt a little bit of nausea, but it was nothing compared to what I have been feeling recently. After that, I decided to go clothes shopping and about 5 mins after being in the store I felt like I was gonna throw up (you know that feeling, and i got so nauseous so fast it took me by surprise) and so I started sprinting to the bathroom, was throwing up while I was running, slipped and busted my ass and landed in.... it. Disgusting. I have school tomorrow and don't want a repeat of this.

Thank you for reading this and if you have any idea of what it could be please help! I'd rather be able to deal with it myself then have to go get a complete physical. Cheers.

1. I don't think ongoing daily vomiting for 2 weeks has anything to do with a 1-2 week binge of amphetamines that you have since stopped

2. Acetaminophen doesn't rip up your stomach but NSAIDs (ibuprofen) eventually can

3. Stomach ulcers are very painful, you'll usually have a burning sensation

Also 35mg oxy is high for someone with 0 tolerance... hence the nausea. Try 20mg if there is a next time (spare yourself the grief)

Make sure to see a doctor, good luck.

If you're a female is it possible you are pregnant? You said you've been throwing up every morning so that made me think of morning sickness.

I too binge on vyvanse and occasionally get nauseous but the feeling is not consistent and I've never actually thrown up, just gagged.

There's a high chance that it could be from your stomach ulcer. If this has been going on for two weeks now you should go see your doctor asap, by waiting you could be doing more damage to your stomach/ ulcer. Good luck.