• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ People with no psychedelic experiences v. "I don't think I could handle it"

relevant and very interesting

"they're not party drugs, they're not for fun" I agree with that, but still stick to my point that people underestimate themselves. IDK I know I'm contradictory here.

Last edited:
How do you feel about them? What do you say to them?

More than any other drug I feel like psychedelics truly do change you, change your perspective of the world to a vague extent. It's not a major thing, it's almost like if you're privy to the world's most beautiful art gallery that only fellow psychonauts get to enjoy. An art gallery so significant it can change your life. The ULTIMATE art gallery which is unique to each mind and contains knowledge, mysticism and often healing insight.

I guess it's exclusive - I'd imagine 90% of the world's population has never done a psychedelic drug? Then what proportion of that 10% actually had a meaningful trip (good or bad)?

When people tell me they've never done psychedelics I almost think "awww, poor thing, they have no idea". I'm not elitist about it, though. I don't push drugs on people. But sometimes when people tell me they don't think they could handle it and have never tried it, I feel like they are doubting themselves. Yet I may be the biggest proponent on the dangers of psychedelics on this forum, I still encourage most people should try them. It really does open your mind - maybe not in a significant way, but in it's own unique way with each person. Psychedelics are not godlike magical cures, simple chemicals, but very interesting chemicals that can have very specific benefits for a lot of people.

I really do think differently now due to psychedelics. I think about things differently... I look at patterns differently... it's a subtle change but noticeable.

What about you?
I used to think like you did in that "everyone should trip!!!" But it was when I was a teen and young adult and had just taken LSD and mushrooms.

It was not until I met people who have had severe trauma or PTSD, who are bipolar/manic, schizophrenic, depressed, suicidal, etc. who should not be tripping or using drugs. I know multiple people who had their mental health become 1,000x worse from tripping, went into psychosis, etc.

relevant and very interesting

"they're not party drugs, they're not for fun" I agree with that, but still stick to my point that people underestimate themselves. IDK I know I'm contradictory here.

In lower doses psychedelic drugs can be party drugs, taken for fun/experimentation/recreational, etc.

It is like how people smoke pot or hash to party or trip on acid or mushrooms and smoke pot at clubs, raves, concerts, etc.

I am into low doses, the party comes to me. sometimes I take it outside. we're good with that

I cannot think of any way to promote it to anyone else, we are not all built the same emotionally.

Also I don't think it has anything to do with death, That direction is silly, it's about life.

Throughout my life I’ve come across certain kinds of people I just couldn’t comprehend or connect with at the time. Artists, musicians, certain kinds of religious people, people who seemed to overly love the outdoors and nature — people like that.

Amongst these people I felt like the first white man to visit Africa. I didn’t dislike the natives so much as feel different and excluded because I just didn’t get what they were all about. I probably judged them too for being generally lazy and not interested in advancing or developing themselves.

Now, I don’t think all these people were psychonauts. No doubt a few were, or had been, or would be. But they really saw the world and lived in it in a way totally alien to me.

Until I became a psychonaut and began to regularly blow my mind into new shapes with acid. I am sure the acid I took rather than anything they took created in me the capacity to comprehend and appreciate both the personal values of these kinds of people AND the value that they created in society by being the way they are.

psychedelics seem to be very controversial in a lot of ways, even from within the drug community

was thinking about that last night

hmm... I guess all drugs shine with their own unique controversies, stigmas and culture

I am convinced Gaspar Noé never took a psychedelic in his life
He decided to do such a movie while on shrooms at 20:

I didn't like the movie much because after hearing that it "was about a DMT trip", I was hoping for a close depiction of a DMT trip somewhere in it. And the representation was pretty far off. Maybe I'd enjoy it more now that I don't have expectations anymore

My parents never tried them. They were young adults in the 60s and drugs were all just one big scary idea they knew nothing about besides scare stories. I couldn't see them relaxing enough to enjoy it anyway. Sure it was great for me, and for you, but what about the perma-fried people you saw dead shows? What about Syd Barrett or Brian Wilson? Some people have been fucked, and permantly, from usinf too much or having a bad reaction. Leonard Pickard said he got letters from people who did too much of his product and it gave him a different perspective from his "dose the world" mentality he had in the 90s. Its not all good, and there is enough bad that it is going prevent legalization.

I have become an elitist about it too, lots of people probably shouldn't be doing it. People ask me for drugs all the time and unless I know they can handle it they answer is sorry. If someone goes nuts and the police catch them and their phone has texts to me about drugs I'm going to be fucked. No one seems to care who sold the killer fentanyl, but the person who sold the LSD that made some guy jump out the window will almost certainly have big problems. The best model for retail psychedelic sales is stranger to stranger at a festival. At this point people should source their own shit online, or grow their own shrooms, extract their own DMT. If you want it bad enough you can DIY. I don't want to be the judge of if this person can handle it or not.

I got mushrooms for a girl who had a bad trip, nothing castrophic, hiding under a blanket for three hours saying "everything is fine", when it clearly wasn't. She hated the shit and I felt kind of responsible for introducing her to it. Sure if it's great I'm a hero but if its bad its a trauma they wouldn't have if they had never met me. I don't want that shit on my conscience.