• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Penn State grad, 36, who spiraled into drug addiction has her face burnt off after female attacker doused her in flammable liquid before torching her

RedLeader

Bluelight Crew

Penn State grad, 36, who spiraled into drug addiction has her face burnt off after female attacker doused her in flammable liquid before torching her​

Isabella Nikolic, Paul Farrell
Daily Mail
24 Jun 2022

Excerpt:
A homeless mother who graduated from Penn State who has battled drug addiction on the streets of Philadelphia has been left in a coma after having her face burnt off after she was doused in liquid and set on fire by another woman in a horrific attack.

Alyssa Morales who also goes by Bre, 36, is still in a medically induced coma after she suffered second and third degree burns over 60 per cent of her body in the attack at Harrowgate Park at about 11.30pm on the night of June 16.

Morales is believed to have been with a man in the park before the pair got into an argument with a woman.

A witness said they saw the woman throw liquid over both Morales and the man before setting them both on fire.

Full article here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best coverage of the story in the mainstream media, but the title is a little much. Very sad and very disturbing. This needs to properly go viral so that the police are forced to solve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Penn State to this. This burning people trend is going to spiral. To do it you just need to be a total fuckng looser and have five dollars. Good lord where we are ending up.

For people that are anti gun.. how are you going to stop this?

We better fix society because there is no way to stop this

Hope you recover Alyssa!!

Everything can be used as an "assault weapon" who can legislate that?
Wonder how the "man" in the incident is fairing?

I've been following this story for a very long time, even before she was burned. it's all covered by a YouTuber who interviews people on the streets in Kensington named Mal. He has a channel called AML Films.

This is her before the incident (just one of several videos)-- click here

and there's also news that she's left her mom and her recovery and relapsed back in the streets. but there's also a rumor that she then went back to her mom's. so I don't really know. here is some info on that-- click here

I've posted about Kensington so many time because of the horror that's there. It's really a public health issue at this point.

Jesus Penn State to this. This burning people trend is going to spiral. To do it you just need to be a total fuckng looser and have five dollars. Good lord where we are ending up.

For people that are anti gun.. how are you going to stop this?

We better fix society because there is no way to stop this

Hope you recover Alyssa!!
Seems rather unfair to say "Penn State to this". It's not so uncommon to attend college and then run into some substance abuse issues down the road. So many people on the streets of Kensington had lives with families and jobs and a mortgage. All of us are a few bad decisions away from being her.

Seems rather unfair to say "Penn State to this". It's not so uncommon to attend college and then run into some substance abuse issues down the road. So many people on the streets of Kensington had lives with families and jobs and a mortgage. All of us are a few bad decisions away from being her.

I think it’s more then a few bad decisions unless your totally without a net or ability.

I think it’s more then a few bad decisions unless your totally without a net or ability.

"a net" or "ability"? or dealt a shitty hand. I've been pretty close to this before and I'm college educated and not with ability, but certainly without a net. I think keeping an open mind about people in these situations and how they got into them is paramount. you have no idea what life they've lived and I think before you judge, you should learn...not you personally, but in general.

I've personally gone through a lot of shit and an education didn't change any of that. a college degree doesn't change life experiences or circumstances and that's the point I was trying to make to you @neversickanymore.

"a net" or "ability"? or dealt a shitty hand. I've been pretty close to this before and I'm college educated and not with ability, but certainly without a net. I think keeping an open mind about people in these situations and how they got into them is paramount. you have no idea what life they've lived and I think before you judge, you should learn...not you personally, but in general.

I've personally gone through a lot of shit and an education didn't change any of that. a college degree doesn't change life experiences or circumstances and that's the point I was trying to make to you @neversickanymore.

I understand what you were saying now. I personally am really not judgmental to people who are in very hard situations. I am very judgmental on the systems and people that contribute to people being in such situations.

Mal is unwatchable, I can't understand the fascination with the channel. I think I'm going to start one. He seriously asks people ''whats your favorite color'' and has the most dull, non sincere, fake empathy. He's not as bad as that Morals Over Money charlatan/

Mal is unwatchable, I can't understand the fascination with the channel. I think I'm going to start one. He seriously asks people ''whats your favorite color'' and has the most dull, non sincere, fake empathy. He's not as bad as that Morals Over Money charlatan/
Oh I agree. Mal does annoy me with how slow he talks. I think he might not be so bright. And I hate Morals Over Money. The Soft White Underbelly is my favorite YouTuber who interviews addicts. There are a few in phoenix also. They have a HUGE problem with “blues and gee” — which are fentanyl pills and meth. Lost in Phoenix I think it’s called. I would love to start one also, but at some point I feel like these people end up being commodities… they are only taking the money and/or agreeing to the interview because they need drugs. They are thinking clearly enough to consent I don’t think.