View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding 2C-I -- I guess I want to try it like I've always wanted to try AMT.

I definitely get that. :) Actually I would still really like to try AMT as well.... As for 2C-I, I should say that I do still think it's quite worthwhile, but I just don't really prioritize it. My favorite thing about it is probably actually the visuals that kick in around 25 mg.... Even the simple patterns it projects over things tend to have a lot of depth for me, which can make even just walking around feel like some kind of funhouse mirror obstacle course. I also find the neon spiderweb-type geometry to be just beautiful, especially because it's the only psychedelic I've gotten that kind of effect on so far, and it think it mixes in a really cool way with the overall technological feeling and abstract color palette.

MiPT, huh? Does come with a lot of horn?

I found the hallucinations it produced to be extremely erotic, even overwhelmingly so. However, there was really nothing at all I wanted to do during the experience except lie still and dissolve into the bliss. Perhaps at a low dose it would work well, but you'd probably have a hard time convincing me to use up my supply like that!

I imagine a sexual encounter between one sober person and another under MiPTS's effects would be pretty glorious. (I'd try both roles.)

That does sound like quite an idea. :) Body laziness aside, the erotic, the sensual, the empathetic, it was all there quite beautifully. Perhaps even better than sober, at least if you'd prefer to both be tripping, the willing partner could simply partake in a more stimulating member of the family? I don't have 5-MeO-MiPT to compare it to, but I have to say that the body feeling of MiPT for me was in most ways nearly identical to that of 4-HO-MiPT. I have little doubt that anyone who was on one of them could very easily understand the desires of someone who was on the other.

What the fuck. X) I've seen that episode countless times and I can honestly say I never would've thought to make something like that based on it lol.

That thing at the end happened to me once though when I tried to pat a friend on the back in dream. Immediately went from calm and happy to O_O;;

i'm sure at the end of this thread we'd have found the answers/meaning to life and we'd prolly have a picture of god =D

Is there anyone else here who almost never sees things like fractals or complex form constants even while hallucinating really hard on psychedelics?

visuals are extremely rare for me. i got them a little when i first started using psychedelics, but they went away pretty quickly. not a tolerance issue, even with months between trips i just don't get 'em. i think maybe my brain is wired a bit differently now that i have a *dissociative* tolerance.

That is very interesting, I was pretty much the same way in that those visuals were a little more common for me at first, but still never to level I've heard other people describe, and after maybe half a year or so they seem to have permanently diminished. Though, I do still get visuals, just not fractals, form constants, or kaleidoscopes for the most part; I do get the colorful warping, breathing, melting, and tracers, and detailed imagery comes fairly easily to me. The abstractness of it is still expressed in that way... like, where others describe a complex fractal image with closed eyes, I might be seeing an image of a woman wearing a dress with a highly abstract complex design on it, but to the backdrop of just one or two solid colors.

I wasn't using dissociatives at the time when I really started noticing these changes, but I was using a lot of other things. I could definitely see my experience with and tolerance to lots of different things making a change... but I still wouldn't have expected it to be quite this significant. It's very rare that I meet someone who describes getting visuals similar to what I see, and I know a lot of people have done a lot more drugs than I have. :s

Edit: I guess I should say though, one single thing that I have successfully gotten regularly from almost any psychedelic is a "spinning wheel" type of pattern on surfaces, such as triangles spiraling around a center light on 2C-I, a ferris wheel design on LSD, or a Persian rug flower on 4-HO-MET. These are usually the most interesting geometric visuals for me, and quite beautiful to look at, but still pretty simplistic compared to a lot of things I've had friends describe to me on fractions of my doses.

Last edited:
sounds like you get more than me even. anymore all i get are brighter colors and some increased pattern recognition. i do drift into eyes-closed imagination/fantasy more easily while tripping, but its still very much in my "mind's eye" rather than being like a legitimate visual thing.

sounds like you get more than me even. anymore all i get are brighter colors and some increased pattern recognition. i do drift into eyes-closed imagination/fantasy more easily while tripping, but its still very much in my "mind's eye" rather than being like a legitimate visual thing.
Same.

I thought I didn't get too many visuals either until I did high doses of LSD and DOC. They bring you directly into fantasyland.

high dose LSD for me creates sacred geometry patterns on everything and every time I look someone in the eyes I the sacred geometry aligns to all the planes of their facial structure! then during the peak I had very complex mind movies like waking dreams that had multiple different intertwining timelines that I felt like I was traveling through. also the sacred geometry didn't go away until I went to sleep.

high dose DOC makes you feel like the ground is much further away than usual, and stuff shrinks and grows very dramatically as your eyes focus on things. Trees look like coral swaying underwater and colors are so bright it looks like rainbows are ready to pop out of anything, and sometimes they do pop out of things, like the trees for me lol

Oh wow, yes I definitely get more than that. The sensory visuals I get do not tend to be very complex but they can still be quite prevalent. They do also pass into more intricate forms on occasion, but that is not something I ever fully expect when going into a trip.

The way you describe the mind's eye fantasy is exactly how it works for me on lower doses, and even those can be quite detailed these days, but pushing higher than that causes them to actually start overlapping reality in front of me. That's definitely been what often keeps me coming back for the visuals despite those other effects being weaker, as those dream-like perceptions can get pretty wild.

I'm wondering, what kinds of doses do you normally take for different things?

I thought I didn't get too many visuals either until I did high doses of LSD and DOC. They bring you directly into fantasyland.

high dose LSD for me creates sacred geometry patterns on everything and every time I look someone in the eyes I the sacred geometry aligns to all the planes of their facial structure! then during the peak I had very complex mind movies like waking dreams that had multiple different intertwining timelines that I felt like I was traveling through. also the sacred geometry didn't go away until I went to sleep.

high dose DOC makes you feel like the ground is much further away than usual, and stuff shrinks and grows very dramatically as your eyes focus on things. Trees look like coral swaying underwater and colors are so bright it looks like rainbows are ready to pop out of anything, and sometimes they do pop out of things, like the trees for me lol

Ah, I so wish I got geometric visuals like that from LSD! I have taken over 1000 mcg on several occasions and never had anything like that show up, though it does still give me some of the best visuals that I do get. On the other hand I do get the mind movies quite easily, and they're one of my favorite things about the trip. :)

I have never knowingly taken DOC, though I did once take a very high dose of some unidentified blotter that I now have some suspicions about being that. The visuals I got from it were indeed intense, but still only of the aforementioned type: warping, breathing, melting, tracers, and spinning wheels. However, I did once take half the dose of the same blotters outside at night, and just for a brief moment saw every blade of grass covered in the same genuine fractal pattern, one of the only times it has ever happened for me!

Actually, what I've really been thinking about now is how I might want to try pushing into the higher doses of tryptamines to see if I can achieve those kinds of visuals. For most of the psilocin analogues I have not gone above 25-30 mg, the reason being that I actually do get those dream-like visions and hallucinations strongly at those doses already along with a healthy dose of mania, but I'm wondering if maybe I do just need to start going like 50 mg or more if I want to see that kind of stuff. 4-HO-MET is the only one I have currently taken at that dose and it was definitely more beautiful and stunning than most trips I'm used to, but it's already easily the most visual for me at 25 mg as well, and it's also the most lucid. The others tend to make me a little crazier than that, so I am a little concerned as well about where I'd be by the time I was able to get those kinds of visuals on them....

Visuals vary a lot depending on substance. I don't consider myself a very visual tripper, but smoking DMT on an MAOI... now THAT is visual. 8o

Status
Not open for further replies.