View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest things that'd put me off it is how fucking long it takes to clear out of your body. Months, even years, apparently. It's a LONG term commitment, at least as far as doing anything like taking psychs is concerned. And you can't go cold turkey either....so should she change her mind about the whole tripping thing a few months into her prescription, she's still gonna have to wait quite a long while before it's cleared out.

(this is just repeating what I've heard): it's mechanism of action isn't even REMOTELY understood either. It just seems to work (if you can really say it's working).

Also in my housemate's experience with his psych - the dickwad had the ignorance and hide to tell my housemate it was "all in his head" and he's "doing it to himself", while he was getting upset over how poorly he was being treated as a patient. Instead, it was just "here, I'll prescribe you X. That'll be $300 thanks".

One of the biggest things that'd put me off it is how fucking long it takes to clear out of your body. Months, even years, apparently. It's a LONG term commitment, at least as far as doing anything like taking psychs is concerned. And you can't go cold turkey either....so should she change her mind about the whole tripping thing a few months into her prescription, she's still gonna have to wait quite a long while before it's cleared out.

(this is just repeating what I've heard): it's mechanism of action isn't even REMOTELY understood either. It just seems to work (if you can really say it's working).

Damn.

Yeah none of that sounds any good. She's only been on it for a week or two, so I'm assuming it won't take years to clear out for her...but if she decides to quit we'll give it a lot of time to clear out, in the interest of HR.

Her official response to my concerns is "yeah, i'm definitely going to keep an eye on it and make educated decisions :)"

So, uh, lets hope for the best. I love her no matter what, but I'm just gonna say flat out that 1) I don't know how I feel about her being on Lithium and 2) I'd like to be able to trip with her again, dammit.

Last edited:
You're a good man with the right intentions :) I'm sure she can see that, regardless of what she wishes to do.

I could imagine how you feel though; I'd be really torn if my girlfriend were prescribed medication to help with something I'm damned certain I could do a better job of.

IBP said:
I really think her mood disorder would stabilize just fine with Lyrica or Gabapentin, which have no negative interaction with psychedelics that I know of.

An abusable GABAergic as a mood stabilizer? Interesting that it can have that effect. Also, lithium isn't something a doc would prescribe out of nowhere, or at least they ought not to do so, folks generally work their way through safer options first.

edit: Man, put a couple bottles of wine in me and I let my mouth wander far too freely. It's been out of hand lately, apparently I threw up in the kitchen sink last night, and did who knows what else I don't remember. :|

Last edited:
Trozz is that a bottle of steroids in ya cat pic.
so i had 3 beerz.
carlsberg.
llama throwin cash around.
i was at the store and i didnt see a price for it right, saw dos equis was 10 for a 6pack so i was like
Lets try dis carlsberg shit, i know its big in europe.
that anf a pack of marlboros was 18 dollars.
good beer though.
drinking classy import shit.
thats how ya do when ya with the LMZ.

^I want a tattoo of your avatar with the same colors and all. I've always told.myself no tattoos but I'm pretty sure I am going to get the mxe molecule on the bottom of one foot with the lsd molecule on the top and the DMT/Ketamine ones on the top/bottom of the other foot. I figure the disso's on the bottom symbolizes my moving on. Even though they were great teachers, they had a had a negative impact one my life. While the top two are imo sacred and have taught me countless things about the universe, myself, and everything else

Last edited:
I've strongly contemplated getting one or two molucules tattoo'd somewhere, particularly 4-HO-DMT :)

Actually, fuck it. I'm gonna see if there's any spare time over my next 2 appointments. If so, it's happening lol.....but where....

Right on your face ala Mike Tyson lol.I think the upper center of the back right below the neck would be cool.

Just got back from more jams... I think we've decided to call the band "Intergalactic Propulsion Module". :)

Hmm, could do....this is the current real eastate:

IsMX687h.jpg

Hai2u Xorkoth! Love the band name hahahaha

^Nice! Xork you should rename the bnd Defiance of Anthropomorphic Sea Mammals and play children's music with weird time signtures. If not, the current name's pretty sweet.

Last edited:
@FlawedByeDesign, I really like your tattoo idea. That resonates really strongly with my own life experiences actually.

^Nice! Xork you should rename the bnd Defiance of Anthropomorphic Sea Animal and play children's music with weird time signtures. If not, the current name's pretty sweet.

The Defiance of Anthropomorphic Sea Mammals... yes indeed, one of the greatest band names to have ever been conceived. Of course I'd just be stealing a name. :) Plus I like the reference to deep space and unimaginable distances, and I've always liked the word "module" (probably because I do programming for a living).

^Can you really steal a name from a fake band? Come on man, think of the children! Seriously though, I do love the name. It makes me want to finish reading EON or watch Cosmos with Carl Sagan. I think your name describes the FTL jump drives in the Battlestar Galactica remake...which is badass

Last edited:
i always wanted to steal the band name Disaster Area, as used in a few of the books from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

Hope it's OK to post here as I didn't think this deserved it's own trip report. Although I've been using DMT fairly regularly over the past two months, I dipped my toes back into the wonderful world of (longer-lasting) psychedelia last night with ~19mg 2C-B HBr. A relatively mild trip, which was to be expected, mostly spent listening to music and reflecting on how life has been the past few months. No real visuals to speak of aside from some color enhancement and slight shifting and melting, but visuals weren't really what I was after anyway. I really enjoyed listening to Satanic Panic in the Attic by of Montreal, sang through practically the entire album while dancing around my living room.

I won't go into detail, but I explored the erotic side of 2C-B after the peak and found that insanely pleasurable. I'd never really gotten into that much since I'm usually out and about on 2C-B, so it was a nice experience, although it seemed to bring me completely back to baseline. Afterwards, I took a shower, then lied in bed meditating for a half hour or so before deciding to vaporize ~40mg DMT.

I've always had trouble breaking through on DMT using an oil burner since the technique can be a little tough in general for me, let alone when everything is shifting and there's no sense of what I'm holding, but this time I was able to successfully get three puffs in and wow, way more than I was expecting. I'm not sure what kind of synergy there was with the 2C-B, if any, as I felt I'd been down for over an hour, but when I exhaled the third hit, I heard a distinct "pop" and briefly forgot what was happening which was fairly unsettling, but was able to redirect it to a good place by humming and focusing on my breathing.

Words always fail to do these sorts of experiences justice, but from what I remember it was like I was watching my body, mind, consciousness, and whatever else I know to be reality fold into one another while simultaneously exploding outwards. I then went through what felt like a millenia of different lives, all of which were significantly different from my own (at present), yet still somehow familiar and relatable. As I continued to hum and reorient my breathing, it changed to a sort of light tunnel where I saw "classic" DMT visuals, i.e., sacred geometry, alien writing, complex, impossible figures along with this eerie recurring visual I've had in my past few breakthrough trips that would be the closest to what I'd consider an entity. I could go on about this part, but it's more personal and it's too much to write in this report, so I'll leave it at that.

When I opened my eyes, the room was still incredibly warped and distorted and there was an overlay on my body that made me look 100 lbs heavier and about a foot shorter. I was concerned about this for a few seconds as I was still in the DMT headspace, but quickly realized what was happening and started rolling around on the bed intoxicated with laughter. For what started out fairly bewildering, it turned into a pleasant DMT trip and I'm thankful it happened, though I don't know how much of it I retained.

I would say the whole excursion was more recreational than deep or insightful, but sometimes I need to be reminded not to be so brooding and analytical all the time, and this was the perfect way to do so. A most successful journey overall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.