• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

Virgin pinpoint pupils now

I am pleasantly surprised by kratom, but it doesn't have the same addict appeal to me as weed, or alcohol. It just enhances my everyday functioning. My addictive tendency is about the nightly escapism. I am attached to the idea of grinding through the errands of the day and getting a reward after.

Kratom was good for getting chores done, socializing and relaxing. I didn't like it for strength training. Too vasoconstrictive. The narcotic and rewarding effects were minimal despite pinpoint pupils and some itchiness. Going for a serious "nod" with this seems inappropriate. I appreciate it for what it is and plan to use it once in a blue moon just for variety. I have noted a certain "ease of mind" and can easily see the appeal of opioids but it's not the kind of effect i strongly gravitate toward. I feel it would detract from the struggle at the core of my being that drives me forward. Weed is ingrained for life as my crutch, i guess. Weed with its lovely demonic paranoia that is so gratifying for the loner mind. But who is really a loner? Everything is to be taken with a grain of salt. Weed must be moderated. Right now back on it after a spontaneous 3 day break of which i am perhaps a bit too proud.

Last edited:
I only tried kratom once, it was some extract in gel caps I got from the local headship in college. Didn’t enjoy it, got a headache, felt nauseated, didn’t seem worthwhile.

Always loved other opioids though. Idk, maybe I’d like kratom now but not sure it’s worth the bother.

Personally I have never had a trip sitter before, and I have gotten swirly damn near a thousand times probably. But the only drug I would say it is probably neccasary for to be responsible IMO is with Salvia.
Yep, same here. There may be drugs that I haven't taken that I should have a sitter for (maybe stimulating dissos or deleriants,) but the only drug that I have taken where I think a sitter is a very good idea is smoked salvia. I've gotten up and walked around, stuck in a thought loop, completely not in control of my actions. It's been about twenty years since then, and I'm still wary.

Maybe 5-MeO-DMT might be a good one to have a sitter for, just because of the risk of vomit aspiration while completely detached from embodied existence.

Maybe 5-MeO-DMT might be a good one to have a sitter for, just because of the risk of vomit aspiration while completely detached from embodied existence.
Completely agree – just look at what crappened to Anthony Birkholz while he was hanging out with famed LSD chemist Casey William Harding, drinking, smoking weed, and vaping 5-MeO-DMT – Birkholz asphyxiated on his own vomit accidentally much to the horror of his companions that evening. So tragic. Be smarter than this, guys. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_William_Hardison#Death_of_Anthony_Birkholz). Words of wisdom and good advice, @Pfafffed, bravo. 👏

Not one I'd want to try. Quite the cocktail.

Yeah, agreed. People are astoundingly dumb about these things sometimes. I don’t get it. Like you know, for starters… it’s fucking pink. This is not breast-cancer awareness blow… By now, I feel like people should’ve established that coke is not pink… ya know?

Yeah, agreed. People are astoundingly dumb about these things sometimes. I don’t get it. Like you know, for starters… it’s fucking pink. This is not breast-cancer awareness blow… By now, I feel like people should’ve established that coke is not pink… ya know?
You clearly didn't watch it..:facepalm:

I also have never had a trip sitter, except when I did my ibogaine flood dose, for which you NEED one, I don't care who you are. In fact I didn't have one for long enough and on the third day I did some dumb shit such as sending my boss an appalling garbled email. I definitely had my first few trips with other people though. I would always recommend a sitter or at least being with others to beginners, some people really do need supervision, but if you have experience and have no history of losing the plot, you really don't need a sitter for normal trips. However there are a few drugs where I'd say anyone should have one... including salvia, for sure.

I think i'm gonna try some kratom for the first time today. I have several varieties at my disposal.

Will it sap my hormones or something weird? Can i still be awesome on it?

I'm thinking 0,5 grams for starters. I actually tried a miniscule dose while on beer, weed and some PCP analogue and that was enough to upset my stomach in a particular way. I don't have a sensitive stomach, but i think i'm very sensitive to opioids. Never did any opioid at all before, unless during surgery.

I have varieties called:

Red borneo
Red maeng da
Red horn
Yellow borneo

I would appreciate if someone could take a guess at which one is more stimulating and suitable for an active day!

Habitual kratom use will mess with testosterone levels, like other opioids. By habitual, I mean, getting addicted to it and dosing it every day, especially heavily. Opioids are insidious, it is very easy to slowly grow to love them and dose more and more and after a while you have fallen into a trap, without realizing it. They feel so benign. Some people never fall victim to that, though. Just make sure to set some rules for dosing frequency and if you find yourself breaking them, take that as a huge red flag.

Personally, I would not be using my body as a test lab for novel NBOMe compounds with little to no reports of human use. But it’s up to you.
Sure, no way I'm taking nbomes that don't even have any trip reports online. Just curious about this particular compound. I wonder if the seller wanted to produce Mescaline, but something went wrong and they decided to slap a nbome onto whatever they produced and sell it as a novel compound. Makes some sense to me at least after @unodelacosa s explanation.

agreed

I've never really had or required a trip sitter, but man, my few experiences with salvia were all reinforcingly negative and beyond weird. I smoked some extract once while surrounded by several friends and the alarming nature of my confusion about who I was and who they were was scary.

If any drug really requires a trip sitter, I would say it would be salvia.
I only had one salvia experience and it was really weird. I kinda blacked out for a few minutes, of which I remember nothing but the friend I was with said I was just staring away with an absent look. Then I got up and was convinced that I came from another planet "to gather nitrogen from the earth's atmosphere". Aparently I spent like 20 minutes talking to my friend about the planet I had come from and my mission here on earth, and then he started getting worried I would stay like that forever and tried to talk me out of my delirium, but he would tell me "No, you are IMG_999!", and for a second I would go "Yeah, yeah, you are right ... but seconds later I would start again with "No, I'm altazord, from planet Omega 4 !! " . Apparently this went on for a while until I just forgot about it and passed away on a couch. I was 16 and already drunk when I smoked the salvia. Shit's bizarre regardless.

Not one I'd want to try. Quite the cocktail.

Don't even get me started on this though. For whatever reason it got really popular a couple of years ago in my country. Initially dealers where trying to pass it of as 2c-B, but most people here have never heard of 2C-B so no one cared what it was. The name degenerated into "Tusi" (Too-see, a deformation of Two Cee for 2C-B) and most people that take it arent even bothered with what's actually in it, they just wanna get high. Apparently at some distant point in the past it actually contained 2C-B in small amounts, but going from what the report on police raids, it usually is some Ketamine with caffeine or another stimulant stepped on to shit with some colorful powdered drink mix or something. So people that take it are basically willingly buying cut ketamine. Stupid stuff, I hate it, it represents what I hate the most about drug culture.

I'm down to 5mgs of Zyprexa now guys and I'm pretty proud of myself, it's going well and I don't feel sick or anything. Been getting a whole night's sleep also so that is awesome. I'm gonna stay on this dose for another week or two and then drop down to 2.5mgs and see how that works out. But yeah I'm feeling really motivated now after the success I've had this week with the taper but since it took five days before it got really bad with the cold turkey I think it will be important to stabilize on the dose and wait a couple weeks before the next drop, no rush. Things are going well tho and my 2C-B trip is almost in my sights!!!

I only had one salvia experience and it was really weird. I kinda blacked out for a few minutes, of which I remember nothing but the friend I was with said I was just staring away with an absent look. Then I got up and was convinced that I came from another planet "to gather nitrogen from the earth's atmosphere". Aparently I spent like 20 minutes talking to my friend about the planet I had come from and my mission here on earth, and then he started getting worried I would stay like that forever and tried to talk me out of my delirium, but he would tell me "No, you are IMG_999!", and for a second I would go "Yeah, yeah, you are right ... but seconds later I would start again with "No, I'm altazord, from planet Omega 4 !! " . Apparently this went on for a while until I just forgot about it and passed away on a couch. I was 16 and already drunk when I smoked the salvia. Shit's bizarre regardless.

I've got some salvia experience, I used to smoke it on the early comedowns of DXM trips. It functions as trip sitter that way, as you're still largely physically incapacitated. And the visions lose that typical dysphoria, I even experienced one of the most peaceful, melancholic feelings ever, gliding through the sky watching the earth below.

The most memorable trip was your typical sagey mindfuck though. It was like a cartoon-esque version of Giger's Penis Landscape (careful googling, NSFW), animated as to make an endless zipper motion. Really weird having your entire consciousness consist of nothing but that, as if suffused with the raw sexual energy underlying human existence itself.

Very interesting but odd phenomenon.

This reminds me of the Bath Salts craze here in the states when they were selling the mixtures of Cathinones at head shops and gas stations. Pretty much same thing people just wanted to get high and were willing to take whatever random drug they could. Wish they would have come up with better name cuz 2C-B is a gem and I hate seeing it's name associated with something as sketchy as that.

I think I've heard you describe this trip before but it's still funny. Although I'm not entirely convinced that you aren't still Altazord from planet Omega 4 simply having learned how to fly under the radar until you figure out how to harvest our nitrogen.

Salvia definitely appears to have the risk of being rotational, you shouldn't smoke it unless you're willing to switch consciousness ports with your brother from another mother. Sometimes it may be useful for producing a more lateral shift in realities, though. I remember once reading a thread online about people who had experienced the famous "Salvia Wheel" without actually using salvia and one person described having been driving towards an oncoming car only realizing once it seemed too late to avoid it that they were about to be in an extremely bad, possibly fatal car crash, only to suddenly feel the wheel roll over their perception and shift them into an alternate plane that was the same in every way except the oncoming car they were going to crash with was no longer there, so they were fine. Later on while in a manic episode I was told through internal communications that I should think similarly of a salvia trip I once had where I suddenly felt that my life would imminently come to an end and in an attempt to escape the fear I accidentally ran off of my bed standing up and crashed into the wall and fell to the ground like a ragdoll, and was sucked into a black void with a feeling of being beyond this life, only to reawaken a moment later perfectly fine lying on the ground and start laughing. Perhaps it is evidence that one actually cannot die prematurely from their own perspective as they are actually creating the line of best fit from all possible realities they may experience until they reach the inevitable old age of 81. Or maybe it's just a sign that you should always have a sitter when smoking salvia.

Something like that.

I've got some salvia experience, I used to smoke it on the early comedowns of DXM trips. It functions as trip sitter that way, as you're still largely physically incapacitated. And the visions lose that typical dysphoria, I even experienced one of the most peaceful, melancholic feelings ever, gliding through the sky watching the earth below.

I actually experienced something that sounds less intense but otherwise similar the only time I smoked salvia on DXM and it was nice and peaceful.

The most memorable trip was your typical sagey mindfuck though. It was like a cartoon-esque version of Giger's Penis Landscape (careful googling, NSFW), animated as to make an endless zipper motion. Really weird having your entire consciousness consist of nothing but that, as if suffused with the raw sexual energy underlying human existence itself.

My experiences with the more mysterious aspects of human consciousness also lead me to believe that landscapes made of penises are part of the fundamental nature of reality.

I'm down to 5mgs of Zyprexa now guys and I'm pretty proud of myself, it's going well and I don't feel sick or anything. Been getting a whole night's sleep also so that is awesome. I'm gonna stay on this dose for another week or two and then drop down to 2.5mgs and see how that works out. But yeah I'm feeling really motivated now after the success I've had this week with the taper but since it took five days before it got really bad with the cold turkey I think it will be important to stabilize on the dose and wait a couple weeks before the next drop, no rush. Things are going well tho and my 2C-B trip is almost in my sights!!!

Awesome man, yeah I think it's very wise to stabilize at this lower dose, and then probably again at 2.5mg. Given the withdrawal takes so long to kick in, you may not be stable on it yet. I'm quite sure you'll be able to do it, just don't rush it.

Don't even get me started on this though. For whatever reason it got really popular a couple of years ago in my country. Initially dealers where trying to pass it of as 2c-B, but most people here have never heard of 2C-B so no one cared what it was. The name degenerated into "Tusi" (Too-see, a deformation of Two Cee for 2C-B) and most people that take it arent even bothered with what's actually in it, they just wanna get high. Apparently at some distant point in the past it actually contained 2C-B in small amounts, but going from what the report on police raids, it usually is some Ketamine with caffeine or another stimulant stepped on to shit with some colorful powdered drink mix or something. So people that take it are basically willingly buying cut ketamine. Stupid stuff, I hate it, it represents what I hate the most about drug culture.
I'm guessing they went with the colour based upon the 'pink champagne speed'.

You clearly didn't watch it..:facepalm:
Yes I did, and I knew before I clicked the link they were referring to that irritating monkey garbage unhelpfully called “Tusibi” from a bunch of overly ambitious, unoriginal, drug-cocktail-trafficking, money-grubbing asswipes in Columbia. My point was: it doesn’t matter if the drug is cocaine, ketamine, so-called “tusibi”, 2C-B, caffeine, meth, α-PVP, etcetera, etcetera. None of these drugs are pink when they are pure. I understand this is how the RC market opioid, U-47700 appears, thus owing to its nicknames, “Pink” and “Pinky”.

I've known about this phenomenon for some time now and it irks the shit out of me. For starters, whyTF is there another drug called “Tusibi”? It is not AT ALL fucking helpful that “Tusibi” is a homophone for “2C-B”. It’s very confusing to the public and unfortunately it has the net effect of incorrectly fucking up the reputation of one of my favorite psychedelics—2C-B, aka Bromo-Mescaline, Nexus, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-phenethylamine, etc.; a drug with a chemical makeup that is clearly defined, consists of just one specific drug (either as HCl or HBr salt, though it hardly matters), and overall appears to be a much better influence on the world than this dangerous contraband-drug-cocktail turd-of-a-marketing-concept in Bogotà slapped together and dyed pink with food coloring by a bunch of foul hyenas.

But eh. I shouldn’t be surprised.