• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, I joined late here, although I will say that Cream Gravy? is probably superior than pretty much anything he would've previously come up with, no offense!

I think userbase just comes and goes but what worries me about the future of PD is that there is surprisingly low amount of newer members wanting to engage, it's daunting, I realized that myself when joining up, pretty much an RC noob. And most here have extensive knowledge about many psychedelics so what's the value to add....

Anyway, I've been on forums for many years, each with wholey different vibes and strong characters, but I never loved one as much as I did Bluelight.

Traditional forums are on a sharp decline. Reddit has taken over. Lots of forums that used to be popping are dead. We struggled mightily to keep Bluelight alive and succeeded, but it's still slower than it was in the past. It's hard because Google won't show Bluelight anymore so new traffic isn't directed to us nearly as much.

But yeah, a full time job, I don't know how I'm gonna manage that, that's gonna be such a crazy change in my life. On the one hand I'm looking forward to what the future brings, but my confidence in my abilities has dropped by quite a bit tbh. I'm terrible at applying my intelligence due to being too unorganized, way too volatile emotionally, and generally very lazy.

A full time job helped me to become less lazy, honestly. It's really not a big deal for me, but I work from home. I worked in the office for 3 years and then switched to a home office. I am able to manage it well, and multitask my life. It doesn't feel the same as working full time at something shitty... I get to code and sit on my computer, and Bluelight or clean the house or run errands or work on side projects or whatever when it's not busy.

You know, Xorkoth, I've had several people tell me that they find tele-therapy to be just aa helpful as in person. One person found out more beneficial, even

Interesting. Well maybe I'll give it a shot. I know I need to figure out some stuff about being able to access grief fully and process it in a normal timeframe instead of it being a toxic presence eating away at me.

You know, Xorkoth, I've had several people tell me that they find tele-therapy to be just aa helpful as in person. One person found out more beneficial, even

I've mostly done tele-therapy, even before COVID. As long as you have a private space which you feel free to share and express within, it's fine.

I've mostly done tele-therapy, even before COVID. As long as you have a private space which you feel free to share and express within, it's fine.

I dunno, I'm a very social person and I find even zooming from my family to feel restrictive, like we can't communicate fully, or I can't communicate fully anyway. It feels awkward, similar to but less severely than the phone. But I should give it a try.

I dunno, I'm a very social person and I find even zooming from my family to feel restrictive, like we can't communicate fully, or I can't communicate fully anyway. It feels awkward, similar to but less severely than the phone. But I should give it a try.

I hate video calls, and it works for me. I actually prefer tele-therapy without video.

Yeah, my therapist appointments have been by phone since March and it's not the same, but I guess they're better than nothing. There's usually a bad connection on his cell phone and I can't hear him half the time. It sux.

When it comes to usernames here in PD I believe @perpetualdawn is the one that I like most, it invokes beautiful imagery, which is always a pleasant addition to a day.
Aww thanks @Buzz Lightbeer. When I created my account, my goal was that my username and avatar could do a bit of that here and there, a little injection of positivity into the world, so it's heartening to hear that my plot succeeded. IRL I'm actually quite a bit more gloomy on the surface, but underneath, deep down I really do feel the imagery I try to evoke here. I really like your username too, it gives me a chuckle every time.

Traditional forums are on a sharp decline. Reddit has taken over. Lots of forums that used to be popping are dead. We struggled mightily to keep Bluelight alive and succeeded, but it's still slower than it was in the past. It's hard because Google won't show Bluelight anymore so new traffic isn't directed to us nearly as much.
The cool thing about a forum like Bluelight to me is that it's not in the spotlight the way sites like Reddit, or other parts of the internet are. It ends up being so much less of a cesspool as a result. I get so sick of the bullshit that's out there on the internet sometimes, bluelight is like this oasis of cool people. It filters out a lot of the riff-raff and low quality content just by virtue of being a bit obscure.

Bluelight has a lot of cool forums. I actually quite like the Lounge now, lots of cool people and not toxic anymore. I am taking a break from CEPS, but basically most of the stress comes from there... I feel like it's impossible for people on the Internet to be civil and polite when talking about politics these days. Though it is very interesting and educational (in terms of understand the way people are). Really most of our forums are pretty stress free and cool these days.

Back when I joined, PD was full of judgmental elitists talking shit to all the kids coming on to ask the same basic questions over and over. Which I thought was so dumb, weren't we here to help people? Then Church got modded, he and I were buds (one of my earliest on here), and he shared my opinion that PD should be a friendly place. Then he got me into the mods when there was another opening. Back then F&B was modding PD, too. Then we made a concerted effort to moderate away the bad attitude. Some people left, and we created PD Social and it helped to form PD into a really cool community.

The glory days of the community were 2006-2008. The Spring/summer of 2006 were a magical time, so much DMT and hope for the future. PD Social would do like 10 pages a day sometimes, really active. I made some great friends. Most of them are gone, a number are in the Shrine, and a few are some of my closest friends IRL now. We were paranoid and decided to delete all the threads when they reached 1000 posts... we didn't start saving them until 2008 I think. Those ones are really cool to go read through, but I'm sad we fucked over the early history of PD Social.

PD will always be my Internet home. I wish the socials were more active but I'm glad we still have them and I'm glad PD is still super cool. :)

Well thanks for doing your (big) part to make it a cool part of the internet @Xorkoth. I know you weren't soliciting big ups, but I can comfortably speak for the all folks on PD that we super appreciate the energy you and many others have put into this place over the years to make it what it is. It's always refreshing to come here.

Yeah I spent some time spouting my opinion in a couple posts on US elections in CEPS, then I felt bad about that since I'm not American, so who am I to say what goes wrong in America.

And I agree that PD is great, the index is also really epic, I often like to go through old b&ds, the MXE (17 lol) ones are pretty nuts, sometimes a little tragic but it comes with the territory I guess. Only for newer RCs do people still talk in them generally.

Yeah PD used to get 2+ pages of threads being posted in every day, lots of Big and Dandies, lots of merging because so many people came in who registered to post a question, it was usually the same range of questions about whatever substance or group of substances, so we'd answer the question and then after a bit, merge it into the Big and Dandy thread it belonged to. We haven't been doing that so much, mostly because it's better for activity when there are more unique threads. Our activity is improved since the lowest point, but it's still nowhere near it was back in the day. Sad that traditional forums are going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm pretty proud of Bluelight for still being a respected source of information and a community full of quality people.

Status
Not open for further replies.