• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of want to candy flip tonight got some really good pressed mdma but im going to take a t break from LSD and trip near end of this month with a friend on 105 ug and probably light up a joint its been probably 18 acid trips since i lasted smoke weed on it. I just really hope it ends up been good this time been a long time since i took LSD with another person aswell.

I have the ingredients for a candy flip....I think it's time to head back to that awesomeness this summer. It's been a while...2008.

I’ve been wanting to try a candy flip for a while now. Do you guys prefer it to a hippie flip? The near identical length of mushrooms and MDMA seems to fit nicely but I hear about candy flips more often it seems

I'm so fucking spent, like 10 work days in a row of ~12 hours of INTENSE multitasking the whole time with barely enough time to eat... I'm fucking over it, it's like all of a sudden all the account people are promising clients insanely fast turnarounds, we're launching projects on Friday and finishing data collection over the weekend, everyone is working late... what the fuck? People are starting to make mistakes... this is not sustainable. Craziness, man... never have I had to work this hard. I feel like my brain is about to explode, and I've felt this way for most of the week.

I'm so fucking spent, this is not sustainable.

Ditto, a lot of people don't know how to work from home or turn it off. My work is as crazy and I have no back up. Been working weekends too figuring out jobs and what runs when and where files go. Fast turn around for clients. Everybody making mistakes. One thing I have learned is when I am stuck on something I can not figure out, I take a break. Often I have figured out projects by walking my dog and lessening the resistance. The answers to everything are already here, we just have to let them in. The path of least resistance. That includes taking breaks and days off. The answers come at the strangest times. In a way we are always working if you work projects that involve coding. So even taking a break is working. But we have to get away. My manager is cool, but I also told big wigs I am taking time off.

I have no back up at my company as everyone left. So I am the only guy that knows a system that 160 clients are on. I just took a week off next week and will not log in at all. I am done. They would not even have a friggin company if it were not for me setting up clients and doing what I do. So let the shit hit the fan. I am more important than my company and I am takling time off. You MUST keep the boundaries up and say no. Kill them with kindness and confidence as you show that you respect yourself. That is magnetic. Remember Office Space? Flawless!

I’ve been wanting to try a candy flip for a while now. Do you guys prefer it to a hippie flip? The near identical length of mushrooms and MDMA seems to fit nicely but I hear about candy flips more often it seems

I've never actually tried a hippie flip which is weird because those are the two drugs that I won't ever let go of.

Candy flip is the dog's bollocks though!

Try both....like, what's the question? ;)

I've never actually tried a hippie flip which is weird because those are the two drugs that I won't ever let go of.

Candy flip is the dog's bollocks though!

Try both....like, what's the question? ;)
Lol I’ll definitely get around to both eventually but I have a roll planned here in a week or two and I was just thinking of which to try first

Lol I’ll definitely get around to both eventually but I have a roll planned here in a week or two and I was just thinking of which to try first

Yeah, true word.

I don't know....candy flip, for me, was really intense in a very beautiful and warm way with extreme visuals where people were dissipating and I became one with another person and saw our cells combine....at a train station, of course!
I imagine a hippie flip would be maybe a bit more edgy and maybe more visual.

I am going to try it soon because I have the ingredients and I kinda can't believe that after all these years I've never done it. I almost feel like I may have subconciously been avoiding combining my two fav drugs ever for fear of exploding or something. ;)

Ditto, a lot of people don't know how to work from home or turn it off. My work is as crazy and I have no back up. Been working weekends too figuring out jobs and what runs when and where files go. Fast turn around for clients. Everybody making mistakes. One thing I have learned is when I am stuck on something I can not figure out, I take a break. Often I have figured out projects by walking my dog and lessening the resistance. The answers to everything are already here, we just have to let them in. The path of least resistance. That includes taking breaks and days off. The answers come at the strangest times. In a way we are always working if you work projects that involve coding. So even taking a break is working. But we have to get away. My manager is cool, but I also told big wigs I am taking time off.

I have no back up at my company as everyone left. So I am the only guy that knows a system that 160 clients are on. I just took a week off next week and will not log in at all. I am done. They would not even have a friggin company if it were not for me setting up clients and doing what I do. So let the shit hit the fan. I am more important than my company and I am takling time off. You MUST keep the boundaries up and say no. Kill them with kindness and confidence as you show that you respect yourself. That is magnetic. Remember Office Space? Flawless!
Very much like this explanation. I identify and am in a similar boat (being the only developmentally-capable person at a company) although it's a somewhat smaller boat. It's also perhaps somewhat my doing the quantity of effective "black boxes" for various processes and suchlike, even if this isn't deliberate as I also need to balance the development I do myself with outsourced projects. It's rare I take time off to the point I'll be actually inaccessible - fortunately it's also rare that any of the black boxes break entirely while I'm absent - but if I do I try to go back through everything critical and put together some documentation, basic alternative options, and what support organisations to contact in worst case scenarios, etc... I do struggle with switching off entirely I must say, working from home and often on projects with somewhat unclear endpoints and timelines I think being able to discipline oneself to manage time effectively and not just procrastinate endlessly is a really difficult and heroic undertaking, at least for me.

It's interesting how many of us here have software-oriented professions, I'd like to think there's a correlation between curiosity about the deeper nature of reality that psychedelic exploration can facilitate, and curiosity about the deeper nature of human logic and the software processes of mind, itself. Just speaking for myself, coding stuff did make me think that reality itself, or at least the filter of our minds that we use to perceive it, is really just a series of if/else clauses...

On hippieflips... I haven't done it either although want to, seems like without the MDMA of a candyflip it's going to be a wild and possibly slightly concerning ride at points. Waiting for the right time... was gonna trip today but I drank 4 large beers yesterday and woke up feeling shite, alcohol really just doesn't agree with me of recent, maybe for a long time, hadn't drank in maybe a month and a half prior to this... but I keep forgetting the shitty aftereffects after enough time has passed and deciding to have another go...

I wonder if its possible to jump timelines on a breakthrough dose of a heavy psychedelic like LSD. In 2017 i got into a reddit of dimension jumping didn't really believe it at the start but thought it couldn't hurt to use 10 mins of time a day trying it out. Til i literally hopped dimensions and the scars on my hand switched hands that lead me almost to the psych ward i was using heavy stimulants psychedelics and cannabis and i had one episode on stimulants where i thought i almost got possessed by some demonic forces. But this shit was next level for about 8 months i was stuck in a different timeline or dimension i originated from about to lose my mind i tried so hard to get back to my original reality everything was a bit different people just acted different slight personality differences. I managed to make it back and the scars ended up in their original places and the dimension number was back to what i knew it when i first started.

With half the shit i have seen on DMT lsd and shrooms i know for a fact there are infinite realities in this thing we call life. and from that crazy year which could only be explained is A) i lose my mind completely on the stimulant abuse or B) i literally managed to dimension hop. After i came back i swore i would never fucking try jump timelines again that shit was to fucked to deal with again. But now im intrigued if i tried to attempt this on a heroic breakthrough dose would i jump timelines if it is truly possible.

Though i know the power of LSD delusions and shit people have spent years and myself convinced we have died on a LSD trip and everything is still the trip hoping to wake back up one day.

the mind is so fucking powerful that delusions do become your reality but what if on the 0.0001% chance you can hop timelines would you do it? I might give it a try one day if this pandemic gets worse and try jump my timeline to one without it though universal karma and the consequences of trying to meddle with reality usually backfires and is a very high chance of getting sent to the psych ward if the delusional virus of thought takes over the mind.

It's interesting how many of us here have software-oriented professions, I'd like to think there's a correlation between curiosity about the deeper nature of reality that psychedelic exploration can facilitate, and curiosity about the deeper nature of human logic and the software processes of mind, itself. Just speaking for myself, coding stuff did make me think that reality itself, or at least the filter of our minds that we use to perceive it, is really just a series of if/else clauses...

Instead of say if/else, I like to say if/ OR ELSE!!!! (with a threatening tone)

I've often thought that too Vastness, humans, all humans do like solving puzzles. People that take psychedelics see a different hierarchy of patterns and pieces of puzzles. So it is understandable that a lot of tech people, especially softeware engineers have to figure out puzzles. Coding is logic. You can tell a lot about a person with how they code. I am supporting 4 other people's code that left and they way they coded almost matches their personality. lol The twisted dude does spaghetti code'. The smart calm one comments well and has structured code. (like DNA :D)

I am makimg myself inaccessible this week for a few reasons. I started with the company 20 years ago. 2 clients and worked from a basemment. The company grew to 100 clients. Was sold, bought buy a guy that took it public, bought all the competitors to pump up the stock, then dumped this mess of 12 companies under the same roof to a financial institution that is the soulless and dehumanizing image that we get when we think the worst of the corporate world. They are screwing empolyees losing clients, not listening to anyone that helped the company grow. They highered their friends to be overpaid directors that do nothing while they fire the worker bees. Wasted millions on whims of moronic upper managment. For intance, they highered a firm to do spreadhseets for a large some of money. There are people in the company that know how to query out data to a spreadhsheet. So they paid a lof of money to these consultants that could not do it since they do not know the industry or have any knowledge at all about a database. The first thing they did when they bought the company was fire 70% of operations that had been there for years and helped the company grow, moved it to China and India without training (they thought that was unnecessary) and really pissed clients off. There are still long faces. Because they screwed they lost a lof of money and clients but will not admit it. Then they used corona virus to take 10% of our pay for 6 months and layed off more people, including my one and only back up. It is now a bunch of kiss ass loser children that think climbing on the backs of others is success. Well me having taken psychdelics success to me is being a human being and present. Not screwing people and growing your ego. I often say on your deathbed you will not look back and say "damn I wish I got that client that extra report", you will look back and say " gee I was a dink in that situation, I wish I were kinder".

So yeah, I am inaccessable on purpose. If they need me that bad (which they will) then there is an issue when I can't take vacation. In my mind I have already let go of this job, so I approach it differently under this new managment. My manager is cool, from Amsterdam. She said they work 37 hour weeks and you get in trouble for not taking vacation. She has had it too. They do not realize 20 years of knowledge does not get transferred over to India in 2 weeks. So they are light with knowledgeable people and shit is starting to hit the fan.

Apologies for such long post. I guess I needed to vent and kind of like and trust people here.

Last edited:
6 days sober AND 6 days without nicotine. Having these intense bursts of cravings like dozen times a day. It kinda blurs that I don't know if I want a drink or a snus more. Barely slept 2-3 hours every night for 4 days. I should get a medal for this. :D Would be so easy give up.

Last edited:
You can tell a lot about a person with how they code. I am supporting 4 other people's code that left and they way they coded almost matches their personality. lol The twisted dude does spaghetti code'. The smart calm one comments well and has structured code. (like DNA :D)

I fucking hate it when people code badly. My coworkers by and large are all sloppy coders, no comments ever, no consistent indenting, no care for form or elegance. Drives me nuts. Also one of them refuses to learn to use loops effectively and will copy and paste a line of code 100 times and change something on each line instead of using a damn loop.

We are moving to a new software platform that uses Python instead of JScript and I'm kind of gleeful because now they will be forced to properly indent.

Free soloing is the most insane thing I've ever seen. I can't believe people can climb a basically vertical wall 1000m high WITHOUT safety, so nuts. 'normal' climbers climb El Capitan for example in multiple days, this guy goes up with basically nothing in a couple hours. I cannot think of anything more impressive

I'm not sure why, but when I see a view from heights like that my nutsack literally contracts and shrivels up! (...and you're very welcome for the visual.) It must be some kind of primal protective instinct!

:sick:

I know what you mean, as a kid I wasn't too bothered by heights but these days it gives me a similar reaction.

I'm terrified of heights like in the city at friends apartments if in on the balcony I stay away from the railing. Always been like this and it's not like I had some bad situation happen it's just a deep down fear. That video is indeed crazy Buzz and it gives me anxiety just watching it. Like what if a strong breeze picked up it would be game over, it's pretty wild how differently people are built. I've done like a fake indoor Rockwall one time and it was pretty fun climbing up but the scaling down part was semi-nervewracking. Suppose the only thrill seeking I do is when experimenting with novel compounds.

If it weren't for the height I would not be scared of heights. :D

Generally I am not afraid of heights but can unnerved. During foorball season when the camera is in the blimp and looking over the stadium if I am hanging off my couch or bed in a strage position even that can have me a little shaken.

That video of the free climbing is awesome. Free climbing as well as free diving are crazy. Those guys are courages as can be. And if they die doing either of those it is said they died doing what they loved. Just read a story free diver that never came up. Like the swim off into eternity.

Coincidetally I also just watched the video of Philippe Petit walking between the World Trade Center on a tightrope. When he stopped to fake like he was falling my stomach dropped.

^ Good to read you @Chris Timothy, not seen you here for a while. :) Sorry to hear of your current awful few days, hang in there though, it'll pass as all things do.

Status
Not open for further replies.