• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Patience

saucygirl

Bluelighter
Anyone have trouble with, experience with, or curious about patience?

As a bipolar drug addict prone to mood swings, impulsive outbursts, and instant gratification, it's difficult.

But recently I have noticed I've gotten better at it since I'm now clean and stable.

I feel like with patience, you can learn a lot more. And also be more genuine.

I'm trying to find the words to explain how that is so, but I'll give it some time, and let others chime in right now

I struggle with patience a lot. I can relate, as a fellow bipolar druggie myself. Sometimes it seems I get way too emotionally invested in certain outcomes, or things happening how I'd like to. I usually have to take a step back and make the realization that other peoples needs matter too and I'm not the only one on the planet. Meditation has helped a bit, but I've fallen out of practice a bit.

Anyone have trouble with, experience with, or curious about patience?

As a bipolar drug addict prone to mood swings, impulsive outbursts, and instant gratification, it's difficult.

But recently I have noticed I've gotten better at it since I'm now clean and stable.

I feel like with patience, you can learn a lot more. And also be more genuine.

I'm trying to find the words to explain how that is so, but I'll give it some time, and let others chime in right now

I'm shocking. No bipolar but severe anxiety/C-PTSD and drugs/alcohol for 30+ years.

It's also simply because I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth AND was an only child for seven years.

But I'm really conscious of other people and very punctual/reliable. I'm always early if anything and if someone's waiting for me my anxiety goes through the roof if I'm held up by OTHER people.

Today I had to pick up these clothes for my nephew on behalf of my sister-in-law because she lives two hours away and the woman on FB Marketplace refused to post them or do direct deposit (they were $25 ffs). I live in the next suburb though so I took the cash and will post them. I messaged the woman and said 2pm, but needed petrol and because of all the weekend tourists I had to sit and wait. So I sat there watching everyone at the pumps like a hawk, looking at the time. It wasn't too bad but if I see someone get back in their car and not move for five minutes I lose it. I always check if anyone's waiting before looking at my phone or whatever. Other people don't seem to care and that annoys the hell out of me.

Try planting flowers and watch them grow. Try listening to the white noise around you.

Try doing stretches before going out for a walk. Try going out for a walk.

Try listening before giving advice. Try listening and not giving advice.

Try leaving the room politely when the argument gets heated. Try to apologize without using words.

Try letting go of your ego. Try to love yourself like your mother.

I'm extremely impulsive and impatient and prone to mood swings. I've found that if you like animals then being in their company is very helpful in that respect. I've worked with sheep and horses and you HAVE to be patient and calm with them, otherwise they get frightened around you, and in the case of some horses, aggressive. Plus I find just being around these animals, like grooming a horse, or sitting in a field listening to the contented sheepie bleats etc, incredibly relaxing on its own.

Try planting flowers and watch them grow. Try listening to the white noise around you.

Try leaving the room politely when the argument gets heated. Try to apologize without using words.

Beautiful

I'm extremely impulsive and impatient and prone to mood swings. I've found that if you like animals then being in their company is very helpful in that respect. I've worked with sheep and horses and you HAVE to be patient and calm with them, otherwise they get frightened around you, and in the case of some horses, aggressive. Plus I find just being around these animals, like grooming a horse, or sitting in a field listening to the contented sheepie bleats etc, incredibly relaxing on its own.

💯

Try letting go of your ego. Try to love yourself like your mother.

I hate my mother 😉