• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Parasthesia Source?

Greenlighter
just wondering if anyone here can advise on what may be the source of a fairly recent symptom of parasthesia?

I've searched the forum, but nothing seems to quite fit: it's not quite "meth bugs", as there is no "crawling" sensation, and it's not "pins and needles" because I've experienced that plenty of times before. the observed sensation is more of a pin-pricking sensation... a single prick, as if someone gently stabbed me with a sewing pin--not forcefully enough to break the skin, but definitely enough to jerk away in reaction.

sometimes the symptom occurs in the legs, thighs, arms, or hands... sometimes (but rarely) on the torso. it usually doesn't last too long, but it's enough to be of concern, as I am very experienced (using different substances recreationally for about twenty-five years--but nothing over the top out of control).

however, I'm now on year four or five of daily kratom use (about an ounce per day), and have recently picked stims back up (amphetamine salts, cocaine, etc) after about a decade or longer hiatus from this type of chemical.

i'm not sure if this is a reaction to the long-term kratom usage, a combination of something interacting, (usually wind evenings down with a low dose of alprazolam and a normal active dose of zolpidem) or just having such a long career with recreational use.

i first noticed it once my amphetamine intake started to exceed 80-100mg, but it also shows up when nowhere near amps, but indulging in cocaine.

is this by body saying "no more stims", "bad combo", "you're getting too old for this stuff", or something else? my annual physical always checks out quite well, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

is my stimulant intake just getting too far up there for my physiology to take? does anyone else get random pin-pricking sensations when indulging in stimulants?

nothing on the usual web resources turns up anything that quite fits--other my ability to have found a name for the symptom.

thank you for reading.

It could be a number of different things causing your paresthesia symptoms and may be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency. You said your physical exams were normal. When was the last time they did blood work? What I would try is cutting back on all the drugs you take and see if that doesn't alleviate your symptoms. If it doesn't then something more sinister could be going on and get yourself checked. Welcome to Bluelight and I hope you find some resolution to this problem!

Have you tried walking it sounds stupid but it forces your brain to keep track of your body and youd be surprised 20-60 typical gives me enormous improvement

Do you have any spinal injuries? 90% of the time paresthesia is caused by an injury in the thoracic or cervical vertebra.

The easiest control measure to rule out the drug use is to discontinue the drugs for a time and see what happens.

And exercise!