Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Paraphenalia laws in SA?

Stato

Bluelighter
Hey all,

As per the title, I am just curious re the paraphernalia laws in sa, all i can find is
Summary Offences (Drug Paraphernalia) Amendment act 2008

and http://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/A/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT 1984/2004.09.29/1984.52.PDF

The controlled substances act 1984 listed above.

Cannot find any mention of laws re possession of paraphernalia (meth pipe, crack pipe, bong, hookah, etc), does anyone know what particular act or legislation this falls under?

I'm pretty sure hookahs, pipes, and bongs are all legal as long as there's no illegal residue on them
I know there are shops that sell "water pourers" that are bongs, and pipes, and hookahs. And there are sheesha places with hookahs.
Maybe someone else can input with government links

I suppose what I'm trying to do is find out the penalties.... Most cops would throw your bong out, smash it or whatever.... I would be interested to see the laws on meth pipes and whatnot.

I think you'd have a hard time trying to convince a court that your resin covered water pourer which was not located in your kitchen full of olive oil or salad dressing is indeed used for the purpose of pouring liquids onto food.

I know if you make/repair bongs/glassware you're pretty stuffed, I can find the penalties on that, but nowhere can I find the penalties for a user caught with a meth pipe, crack pipe, needles, a bong/pipe or whatnot....

i don't live in SA or have much knowledge of the legal specifics there, but my experiences in WA with getting busted with smoking implements is that they have been treated similarly to possession of a small amount of drugs.

in my case, they took my (weed) pipe and a bucket piece, as well as a tiny nugget of pot. they found a bunch of empty bags and twigs and stems that i didn't even know was there. my flat was raided on the basis of a non-drug related matter, a false accusation.

i got a combined drug diversion for the two separate "offences" (possession of cannabis and a smoking implement respectively) and they were also confiscated. i attended an "education session" and that was it. no fine, no record, basically a warning.

they didn't take my grinder (big relief - it had some kief in it so i could at least get high when the pigs left my place) or my coke kit (leather pouch w/ mirror, razor, tube, medicine bottle and spoon).
i'm sure every case/cop/place is different, but i don't think paraphernalia is a big priority of law enforcement, on a a personal level. scales and empty baggies are indicative of intent to supply - whereas a smoking implement proves that you just smoke pot sometimes.

i don't think you would find yourself in a position of having to "convince a court" of anything regarding your smoking implements, unless you really tried to fight whatever charge they laid on you. busting people for owning a pipe or a bong is a serious waste of police and court time, usually you own up to it and they say "tsk tsk, don't do it again". maybe a small fine, tops.

even if the charge was connected to something more serious, i really don't think possession of a smoking implement is considered a serious criminal offence (even in the current regressive legislative climate we find ourselves in across australia). somebody from south australia might come along and contradict this; for all i know there is some new, heavy dinosaur law in place to throw the book at stoners.

now, in the states that have recently banned smoking implements (WA is one, i know there are others but i've not really kept up with it) selling smoking implements (especially to a minor?) seems to be the big no-no with the ridiculous tens-of-thousands-of-dollars fines and all.

fucking ridiculous state of affairs - australia used to be a world leader in implementing progressive harm-minimisation approaches to drug use. now we're pushing kids to smoke out of cans and plastic bottles again, inhaling all kinds of fumes and fucked up shit.

fuck the liberals - bunch of pissweak visionless old men who want to drag us all back to the stone age.

i'd recommend a vaporiser - far healthier, a nice stone, and your average garden variety pig won't know what the fuck it is anyway.

Indeed, +1 on the vape for sure.. I've had mates tell some stories about being able to bullshit their way out of getting caught with it... thus saving a (slap on the wrist) in SA, and/or drug diversion.

I wonder how it'd be if you were caught with something a little more heavy, a meth pipe or some needles, a crack pipe, home made light bulb or whatnot... I'm guessing if caught as is, it'd be a small fine.... If caught with a substance to go with it, perhaps charged with possession personal use? I don't think I've ever really heard of the paraphernalia mentioned in most charges, perhaps it's too much hassle unless it's baggies and a scale..

meth pipe lighbulbe etc etc.. its the same as a bong, about a 280$ fine and or a drug diversion course.

Most crackheads spread this rumour about it being 10k fine for a crackpipe. NOW THATST JUST STUPID CRRACKHEAD MYTH :)

so yeah if u get caught with a crackie dont stress. no need to quickly eat the crackie or wat ever u think u gonna do. its just a small fine and a drug diversion.... NO perm record yo

I believe that, that is from a different state. ^^ That's where it comes from.

I didn't realise needles carried a fine?

meth pipe lighbulbe etc etc.. its the same as a bong, about a 280$ fine and or a drug diversion course.

Most crackheads spread this rumour about it being 10k fine for a crackpipe. NOW THATST JUST STUPID CRRACKHEAD MYTH :)

so yeah if u get caught with a crackie dont stress. no need to quickly eat the crackie or wat ever u think u gonna do. its just a small fine and a drug diversion.... NO perm record yo

Thanks dude for setting it straight, legislation or not it's a much more believable fact that they are all on par...

the thing with needles - sure, they carry more social stigma, but they're legal to buy, legal to sell, and therefore i imagine (could be wrong) that they are legal to possess.
clean needles are available for the purposes of harm minimisation. if only the same forward-thinking attitude could be used by our law-makers in regards to smoking implements. the idea that banning pipes and bongs will stop people smoking marijuana is absolutely laughable; we all know it just makes people smoke in ways more likely to jeopardise their health.

They probably don't realise that. They are probably thinking "Haha, how will they smoke now!" and the stoners are going "Meh."

Haha i actually had a friend tell me it was a fine of thousands of dollars the other night. I was like 'whaaaaaat?!'