• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paranoia

maddawg300

Bluelighter
During high school I used to be able to smoke 8 blunts a day and feel great. Now when I smoke I overthink everything, become very paranoid, sometimes uncomfortable. A lot of the times when my roommate offers me a bong rip I will smoke it and go back into my room just because the anxious effects it now gives me. When I am very drunk or on xanax (which I am getting off) these paranoid effects don't tend to happen. How can I go back to smoking normally like I did when I was in high school and not be paranoid anymore, have any of y'all had similar experiences? Please let me know.

try smoking in different settings and with different people. weed has a tendency to magnify certain aspects of our personalities/ thought processes. perhaps you are not completely comfortable with the people you choose to smoke with and the weed is bringing this out. high school was a very care-free time for me as opposed to now (post-university) and there is a lot more on my plate. weed often makes me examine myself and if I have had a particularly stressful day or certain aspects of my life are out of order, it will be made known when I smoke up. people don't usually talk about set and setting with weed because it is a rather mild psychedelic, but it is still a psychedelic and these principles are important to have in order if you want to have a good time.

tolerance could also be a contributing factor. then again maybe you're just getting too old for this stuff.

It happens to some people, if I'm alone by myself I never notice anxiety but when I have to go out in public and interact with strangers being stoned can give me anxiety.
If I'm just chilling with my friends it's all good

It really all depends on setting. But for me if I am sober and smoking weed I will over think, if I'm on something else it usually won't.

smoke less per session and start keeping busy, finding other things to propel you through life.
it's a frustrating truth but for some people weed is not enough to keep them entertained for life. the paranoia is a calling for greater ventures.

This happens to more smokers than you'd think. It doesn't stop, the best you can do is quit or find the right strain for you .

Smoke less. Or smome when ur in a good mood.. Do not smoke if ur down ..mad..sad.. Nervous.. Many people say it helps depression it may but its a mood enhancer. Be chill