View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Panic attacks after lsd

alviola

Greenlighter
Hi, I've perused bluelight a lot in the past, but I just made an account so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, or if something similar to this has been discussed before (if so, I'd appreciate a link to the thread, I'm just having a bit of trouble searching around right now).

Yesterday I took (reportedly) 250ug lsd and ended up having a pretty bad trip where I had to concentrate really hard in order to prevent myself from freaking out and having a panic attack, although later in the night during the comedown I reflected a lot on it and I thought it ended on a pretty positive note.

The problem I'm having is that I keep getting some pretty severe panic attacks, especially every time I try to go to sleep/accidentally start falling asleep, or stop concentrating on calming myself down (taking deep breaths, etc). It's currently ~11:23AM the following morning (I took the acid at 1PM yesterday) and I havent slept. I took some phenibut during the end of my trip yesterday and some more a bit earlier this morning to help with the anxiety -- it helped a lot yesterday but it sort of just made me a little disoriented this morning without helping the panic attacks noticeably.

Overall I'd say I've been pretty good at preventing any full-blown panic attacks like during my trip (although even during my trip I calmed myself down pretty quickly). But it's an extremely uncomfortable position to be in; I really want/need some sleep but every time I start falling asleep (trying or just drifting off accidentally) I start having that bad-trip/panic attack feeling and have to calm myself. It's kind of painful which doesn't help during one of the panic attacks -- it feels like a sharp physical pain in my throat combined with that rushing feeling of the onset of overwhelming fear.

So Im wondering if there's anything I can do to allow myself to fall asleep without my brain freaking out -- I dont have any access to any xanax or anything like that (only phenibut and alcohol, although at this point Im thinking more of either of those isn't going to help, just disorient me more), although I do have a bunch of vitamins and supplements. I already took some magnesium carbonate, vitamin C, and some B multivitamins.

I'm also concerned that this state with the ability/inclination to have panic attacks won't go away (I've never had a panic attack before except on acid). I'd appreciate any experiences you guys might have had that are in any way similar to this, and any insight you might have on how long this state might last.

Thanks a lot.

Update: I'm feeling slightly better (Its now about 24 hours since i dropped the acid) and I think i might have gotten an hour or so of sleep. It's hard to tell.

But I'm still in a very uncomfortable position. I would really appreciate any kind of support -- I feel like I'm hanging onto my sanity by a thread.

Thanks...

The worst panic attack I have ever experienced in my life was also during acid. I had dropped 150µg and when the acid started kicking in hard me and my few friends ended up in a situation where one of my friends was beaten and held gun-point. There was also lingering threat of violence. This whole scene lasted for about 45minutes before we were able to leave. I was paralyzed of fear because I couldn't even process the whole situation quite clearly because the acid was kicking in hard.

It was not because it was mentally hard or straining, I've been in those kind of situations under different substances before, but under the influence of LSD tripping your brains out you simply don't want to get in violent situations or people messing around with guns.

After I was able to leave the scene I spend rest of the trip in my house. Dark room all curtains down for the next +14 hours. I wasn't able to sleep for the next 36 hours. Mentally I was not afraid of that situation, but my body was not OK with it.

Yes, it went away. I've had not any panic attacks after that incident. In fact, it was the worst panic attack in my life because I thought I was going to die because my heart felt like bursting out of my chest and the panic attack started proper when I got home from the scene and started to "relax" myself

Just give it some time and I think you will turn out OK

Wow dude, I'm really sorry that happened to you. It sounds horrible, and really makes me feel a lot better about my situation; luckily I've never been in any external danger while tripping, although I have thought I've been. I can see how actually being in such a soberly-traumatizing experience in such a vulnerable state could be so much worse.

I definitely know what you mean about not being able to process it, I think what originally caused the panic for me was overheating (it was a pretty hot day out yesterday) combined with a lot of overstimulation (I get really strong visuals on psychadelics that sometimes end up being frighteningly bright) which I didn't know what to do about, and so I started worrying that I was frying my brain and thus the cycle of panic and bad trip (which seriously felt/feels like my brain was frying). It also didn't help that I was alone for a good hour or two (real-time) with my confusion and panic before my roommate got back and I was able to use him as verbal support.

Thank you for your input; you have no idea how much that means to me right now. I'm already able to calm the panic attacks easier knowing that someone else had a similar (and definitely worse) experience without permanent repercussion.