• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Palinopsia and HPPD

patrickm88

Greenlighter
Hello,

My name is Pat. I have wanted to tell this story for a long time. I finally need to get it off of my chest. Everything that I am about to write is completely true. Today, I am 23 years old and I dont drink or smoke. I have smoked weed once, which got me very high. This was in September of 2012. Since then, I have not been 100% normal. Immediately after smoking and getting really high, I went to sleep thinking that it would all be gone the next morning. It wasn't. And for the next about 2 months it was complete hell for me. I felt high all day and night, I would have multiple panic attacks throughout the day at school. I saw images after I would look away from them for a very long amount of time. I would also see black dots and floaters. I would get a tingly sensation in my body, my body would feel stiff constantly. My hand eye coordination is a fraction of what it once was. Eventually I told my mom after about a month. It made me feel much better about the situation.

At Halloween time I realized that things were getting better and I did not have multiple panic attacks throughout the day. By December, I felt fine in my head. But i still saw the afterimages and floaters. Over time I got use to it, and honestly felt completely normal (got use to seeing the afterimages).

So fast forward to now December 2016 (over 4 years since I smoked). This was the only timed i ever actually smoked. As you can imagine, going through this terrible event did not make me want to smoke or try any drugs. And i haven't. I even stopped drinking a year ago. Over the past few weeks I began working out a lot. This has made the feelings of being high come back. I have panic attacks, terrible thoughts. Every time I work out, it gets worse. So i stopped working out. Eventually it will go away, its not completely away as of now.

This whole entire situation has made me so upset at God. I smoke weed once, like everyone else does at some point in their life. And this shit happens? What did i do to deserve this? fucking one time.

I recently discovered that their is a diagnoses to the after image seeing. It is called palinopsia. The high feelings is HPPD. i have nearly every symptom of it. It has been 4 years. I believe that this is just going to last forever? I can never work out? I can never have the body that i want to have because i smoked weed once? like what the fuck

I wanted to share this story with you guys. Does anyone know if there are any treatments to Palinopsia or HPPD? Anyone else going through this? Or know someone that is. Someone fucking make me feel better.

Have you considered being checked for a mental illness? Especially if you have bipolar, panic disorder, or schizophrenia you can trigger your preexsisting predisposition or you could og just got it like many people around teenage years when people tend to experiment. Im not judging you I got tons mental disorders but if you could get a name for what your experiencing even just that for me helps.

mania A. I felt high all day and night,

Anxiety B. I would have multiple panic attacks throughout the day at school.

hallucinations C. I saw images after I would look away from them for a very long amount of time.

hallucinations D. I would also see black dots and floaters.

Parasthesia E. I would get a tingly sensation in my body,

catonia F. my body would feel stiff constantly.

motor skill dysfuction G. My hand eye coordination is a fraction of what it once was.

mood cycling H. At Halloween time I realized that things were getting better I did not have multiple panic attacks throughout the day. By December, I felt fine in my head.
hallucinations I. But i still saw the afterimages and floaters. Over time I got use to it, and honestly felt completely normal (got use to seeing the afterimages).
And i haven't. I even stopped drinking a year ago. Over the past few weeks I began working out a lot.
mania J. This has made the feelings of being high come back. I have panic attacks, terrible thoughts. Every time I work out, it gets worse.
withdrawling from activities K. So i stopped working out
. Mood cycling L. Eventually it will go away, its not completely away as of now.

I have not been checked for a mental illness. Yes, I have thought of that. I did not have any of these symptoms before I smoked. Not a single one. I did not think about any of the stuff that I do now. I tend to have mood swings, which I think has gotten worse due to this.

God isn't real and the world is unfair. I had a similar thing happen to me after smoking weed for a year, it went away eventually but it took a long time. I didn't have hallucinations but felt very paranoid, like everyone was out to get me, also I felt extremely depressed. It was a pretty awful time in my life. All therapists and doctors did was make me feel worse, they gave me drugs that didn't help but just me feel worse and more fucked up.

Maybe you do have a mental illness and the only way to know is by cooperating with a good doctor.

Uhh I've had this after doing 2-CE my first time it lasted for 2 years I just didn't think much of it , I learned to enjoy it like I was on a minor trip always ... I smoke weed evrryday so maybe it blended in with the high but what am I gonna do fight it and freak out? It stopped after 3-4 years for me but I stopped taking psychedelics too I abuse opiates and benzos now lol. It really sounds like it triggered something within you like a mental illness maybe something genetic but unlikely with weed idk bro grow to love it I guess

Correlation does not equal causation. Mental illness commonly manifests it self in teenage years. Drug experimentation tends to occur during teenage years. However, that does not mean drug experimentation causes mental illness.

Im not saying its impossible that marijuana has caused you to have these symptoms. However, I am saying that based on what we know about marijuana and the overwhelming amount of teenagers who try marijuana that it is more probable that it is a mental illness.

Because, basically this would require thc from one use to somehow cause lasting enduring changes in your brain. What is known to have a lasting effect on your brain is your genes.

Hey there Patrick and welcome to Bluelight! I would encourage you to become acquainted with the forum guidelines before creating new threads in the future. It's not a big deal at all, but the forums are categorized in such a way as to (we hope) make them easier to navigate with the aim of further separating more potentially serious topics from the lighthearted ones. I'm not saying this isn't important, but Basic Drug Discussion is essentially a Harm Reduction Philosophy based forum. All threads should be tied into directly reducing the harm caused by using certain drugs.

You could definitely label this situation as such, I feel that, but HPPD is more of a chronic disorder than a potentially harmful acute experience. It's also highly unusual to experience such intense effect from a one-time use of Cannabis. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying, it's not something that the general public should expect and it's remedy will probably be more complex.

I'm going to leave this open for now, but please do read the forum guidelines Patrick!

the people on this site are idiots, this isn't the best place to ask about palinopsia/hppd, all they try and do is defend the drug you took and say it's not the cause, refute the existence of the aforementioned conditions or tell you you're posting in the wrong place and need to get checked out. Try hppd online, thosewithvisualsnow, reddit hppd section or private message me

^ nice post. You didn't really say anything helpful you just redirected the OP to another site and called everyone here an idiot. So why are you on bluelight?