• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Painstop for kids night reliever available at pharmacies?

thebigfella

Greenlighter
G'day so I'm really new to bluelight, and I was wondering if Painstop for kids night time reliever is still available in pharmacies or chemists? Do I need a script or do I need to talk to the pharmacist? Or is it just easy to buy like robitussin? I live in Melbourne so I'm not sure what the laws are on it down here are.

If you're looking to get high, Painstop is not a good option, as it is formulated to be "abuse proof".
It only contains 5mg of codeine per 10mL, meaning you would probably be drinking most - if not all - of the bottle if you are seeking a recreational OTC high - which means you'd be ingesting a shitload of sorbitol (pardon the pun)
This product contains 0.88g/5mL of sorbitol which may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea in some people.
http://www.nps.org.au/medicines/pai...p-for-children-night-time-pain-reliever-syrup

The active ingredients are codeine and (to a lesser extent) antihistamine promethazine, which prevents the itches of codeine, and increases the sedation.
Both codeine and promethazine are available over the counter - there is really no point in drinking kids' mild analgesic syrups.

Just note that you need to remove the paracetamol/ibuprofen from over the counter codeine pills as they are both very toxic in high amounts.
This can be done with a simple cold water extraction.

Another downside to Painstop (besides the sorbitol) is that you can't remove the paracetamol, which is potentially deadly in large doses. So if you're going to do this, get pills such as panadeine (or generic) - as it is much safer, won't give you the gas, bloating and explosive diarrhoea (from the sorbitol) - and you can take the right dosages of codeine and (if you wish) promethazine, rather than having to ingest whatever quantities you get in the ratio of codeine : promethazine (overdosing on promethazine would not be much fun).

Welcome to bluelight :)

Prometh inhibits 2D6 which is responsible for the demthylation of Codeine into Morphine.
Take the Prometh 30 minutes after dosing otherwise you're just getting C6-G.

^ thank you, my learned friend.
Yeah, avoid, avoid, avoid.

Take advantage of Australia's liberal OTC codeine availability (while it lasts) and do a CWE.

G'day so I'm really new to bluelight, and I was wondering if Painstop for kids night time reliever is still available in pharmacies or chemists? Do I need a script or do I need to talk to the pharmacist? Or is it just easy to buy like robitussin? I live in Melbourne so I'm not sure what the laws are on it down here are.

Why take painstop when you can take Rikodeine Oral Liquid? It's a codeine elixir and it has no other active ingredient i.e. parcementol. It does contain a fuck load of sorbitol so after 1/3+ of a bottle you will be shitting your guts out whilst being pretty high.
I used to take Rikodeine and cold water extract codeine from some panadeine tablets. But to be frank its a lot of effort and work.

Re Promethazine inhibiting the 2D6 enzyme, wow that's a great little nugget of information. Did not know that. Its interesting that that they're suppressing the conversion of codeine into morphine. Is this because of the sensitivity that children have with codeine? They want to reduce the bioavailability of the codeine/morphine to avoid complications that arise when kids are given the wrong dose?

Rikodeine has dihydrocodeine, which is slightly stronger that codeine i think.
I found the sorbitol ruined the effects when i took it, but i always just drank the whole bottle rather than doing as you suggest and taking a smaller amount of riko mixed with CWE'd OTC codeine pills...

Prometh inhibits 2D6 which is responsible for the demthylation of Codeine into Morphine.
Take the Prometh 30 minutes after dosing otherwise you're just getting C6-G.

As much as this makes pharmacological sense, in practical terms this doesn't really always mean a lot. Generally, on a day when I take codeine I will take multiple doses, usually 2-3. I always take promethazine after my first dose. One would think that latter doses would be somewhat pointless, but this doesn't really play out. There is no real 'rush' when repeat dosing, but the effects definitely increase. I don't know why this is, but IME promethazine does not markedly reduce effects. If anything, I often get a vast increase in noddiness and euphoria. YMMV. :)

hey guys, forgive me if its already been answered somewhere cause i cant find an answer for it,
but is it dangerous or is it okay to combine rikodeine cough syrup with painstop night syrup?
thanks in advance

You could do this if you don't mind all the sorbitol or panadol a shot or 2 of each combined would go alright for no tolerance but for strong experience you'll need a cwe batch to wash down with sum riko

Yeah, that shit is toxic. Read up on poppy seed tea <snip>. It's easier, the high is better, and it lasts much longer. I used to love codeine, but doing a CWE every time you want to get high starts to grind on you. Anyway, I discovered poppy seed tea like 6 or 7 years ago and haven't done codeine since.

I left a minor part of the story out - I ended up getting addicted to poppy seed tea and eventually heroin, and almost died twice and caused my loved ones unspeakable pain and agony. But apart from that poppy seed tea is great.

Last edited by a moderator: