• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Oz

L2R

Bluelight Crew
Anyone has been or are still addicted to this superb drama?
cast.jpg

Oz

i heard about this from a friend... started watching midseason right after i got hbo... and i really enjoyed it. i like the way it flows and moves in and out of ideas/sences/shots, i like the music... but being mid season and then with the season break i lost track of it all

I did nothing but sing praise about this show since 1997, great show if you ask me, got a little crazy once or twice in the later seasons though, the age pill testing??? other than that great show

Yeah that age pill thing came and went, but it raised interesting moral issues regarding incarceration.
Just imagine, instead of serving your whole time, you just age it instead. This questions the purpose to prisons, whether it is for reform or for punishment.

With first class writing and acting, this is one of those rare shows you can go back to and enjoy again and again. I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD and the 4th (twice as many episodes as the rest) on video.

It was all class until Adebisi died. For me, that marked the end of Oz as a great television program.

^^ Yes, it was a shame when they had Kareem kill him off.

Love the show, can't wait for the 4th season to come on DVD.

Oh, i used to LOVE this show back when I lived in the dorms and we had free cable! I miss it!

I didn't even know it was still on! Good to see that it is - is it still as graphic as ever?

LapDawg & incident, Simon Adebisi lived on..... in Kareem Said, but he was half the muscle bound-african-drug addicted-decapitator without his cute little hat.
Simon_Adebisi.jpg

randycaver, Oz ended after it's 6th season (total 56 episodes).

I wish they would bring OZ back, well not really because it started getten wierd towards the end. OZ started it all, with this dark edgey drama, paved the way for the greats (Sopranos, The Wire). I love my HBO

I just love the fact that Schillinger has now upgraded himself to J.J. Jameson. :D

I thought it was over - but the way people talked I got confused.

I'll have to Netflix the dvds !

For Australiens who don't know, SBS are screening the 2nd season of Oz on Monday nights at 10pm.
They plan to continue weekly without break until the end of season 6.

Fox8 just concluded the double length season (four) but haven't set a date for the start of season five yet.

LapDawg said:
It was all class until Adebisi died. For me, that marked the end of Oz as a great television program.

Damn you and the poster under you... . I'm in Australia and we haven't had that episode yet ! :eek: Spoilers ;)

Anyway I'll put my hand up as a big fan too... it's one of the few shows my boyfriend and I BOTH like and watch together religiously. We're a few episodes after the prison riot at the moment... the storyline is about Ryan's breast cancer. Is that far behind you guys?

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Is that far behind you guys?

1st half of 2nd season. LOTS happen between ryan's cancer and the spoiler in this thread.

Tv: Oz

Anybody a fan of this show?

I know it's fairly old, but us Australian's have only recently got it. I think it's a great show, with some good story lines and of course drug use.

Simon (Adabesi, sp?) would have to be my favourite character.

:D Oz Rocks :)

I LOVE Oz. I keep liking the characters, which irritates my brother:-
Example 1
Me: "I love Ryan O'Reilly"
Him: "He had Gloria's husband killed, what's wrong with you?"
Example 2
Me: "Aw, poor Alvarez"
Him: "HE STABBED OUT A C.O.'S EYES"

Awesome, brutal show. Easily one of my favourites, though it quite often bums me out.

Whoa. Where are you guys? I thought OZ got canceled years ago.

edit-oops. You're both in Australia and I reread BlazinMartys post. Sorry.

It was a pretty good show. I wouldn't mind if they reran it here in the US once in awhile.

Didn't it start in the US back in 1997? we only just got it this year on SBS.

Definitley one of my favourite shows, that and John Safran vs God are my must watch things for the week.

There's a hell of a lot of familiar faces from other TV shows and films as well, the acting is top notch.