• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin to Heroin - Climbing the Opiate Ladder

Heroin is simply more addictive if you use it intravenously. Its that intense rush. I personally found OxyContin more addictive versus snorting or smoking smack, much more. I had tried Heroin before making the switch from OC to Heroin but I smoked my dope, I didn't IV. The simple reason though why I switched was due to cost. I'd say that a gram of Heroin was equivalent to my 320mg/daily OxyContin habit (0.25 H = 80mg Oxy) so I saved $100 a day making the switch. Its easy though to quickly increase your habit of Heroin because eventually I was shooting 2 grams a day. Still cheaper. After all, tar heroin is dirt cheap where I live...right next to the border.

Dude i doubt your getting 60-70 percent pure, but if you say that's "not quire as potent" your delusional.
If you say .25 of H is about 80mg of oxy, think about this.
If it was 60% pure, thats 150 mg of Heroin. At the low end, heroin is 2x stronger than morphine, some say 4x. Normally you will hear 3 times more potent.
Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than morphine orally. Oral oxy (about 75% bio) to iv morphine, is 1:.5, the morphine being stronger. So ill guestimate OC injected is a bit over 60% the strength of morphine.

So if the heroin is 2x stronger (low end), and oxy about .6x as strong, heroin would be 3.3 times stronger than Oxy. So 60% pure means your .25 is 150 mg of heroin. This would be equivalent to 500 mg of oxy. And remember, this is assuming heroin is only 2x the strength of morphine; in reality it is more.

So if you think your heroin is 60% pure, which "isn't that potent", and is equivalent to an 80 mg oxy, your just plain wrong. NO WAY IS YOUR HEROIN THAT PURE. If its equivalent to an 80, then my calculations say your heroin is around 10 percent pure.

Dude i doubt your getting 60-70 percent pure, but if you say that's "not quire as potent" your delusional.
If you say .25 of H is about 80mg of oxy, think about this.
If it was 60% pure, thats 150 mg of Heroin. At the low end, heroin is 2x stronger than morphine, some say 4x. Normally you will hear 3 times more potent.
Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than morphine orally. Oral oxy (about 75% bio) to iv morphine, is 1:.5, the morphine being stronger. So ill guestimate OC injected is a bit over 60% the strength of morphine.

So if the heroin is 2x stronger (low end), and oxy about .6x as strong, heroin would be 3.3 times stronger than Oxy. So 60% pure means your .25 is 150 mg of heroin. This would be equivalent to 500 mg of oxy. And remember, this is assuming heroin is only 2x the strength of morphine; in reality it is more.

So if you think your heroin is 60% pure, which "isn't that potent", and is equivalent to an 80 mg oxy, your just plain wrong. NO WAY IS YOUR HEROIN THAT PURE. If its equivalent to an 80, then my calculations say your heroin is around 10 percent pure.

I'm not basing things on calculations, just from what I've read/heard. You should know that when I was using the tar wasn't as potent as it is now. That was about 3.5 years ago

I don't get why people always worry about "quitting" heroin, or having withdrawals. There is a very simple solution, just don't stop taking it

I don't get why people always worry about "quitting" heroin, or having withdrawals. There is a very simple solution, just don't stop taking it

This suggestion from someone who is asking if hydrocodone can get you high. Sorry, no offense.

This suggestion from someone who is asking if hydrocodone can get you high. Sorry, no offense.

That's a good question... I dont think hydrocodone CAN get me high anymore... I do remember a time when it could though.

Too think my whole opiate shananighan started when I went to the ER with a horrible case of strep throat some dirty skank gave me. They gave me a shot of antibiotics, and ONE SINGLE 5mg vicodin. I took it and remember laying in bed feelign waves of pleasure go through me... from then on, I plotted to get more.

I never got deep into OC's because I always thought they were too expensive, I was really into Vicodin for awhile and that was what made me realize that I loved opiates a bit too much. The thing that really got me was Poppy Pods because they were cheap and lasted a long time and I loved Morphine from the very first time I tried it.

I used Poppy Pods daily for about a year and a half when all of a sudden they became really hard to get, I had some suboxone and I tapered down thinking I was done with opiates...... anyway, one day I was in withdrawal from subs and I couldn't find anymore, all I could find was Heroin.

I'd never tried it before but I was in withdrawal and it was cheap (southern california tar) so I smoked it and I loved it more than any of the other opiates I've ever done. Within a week I was smoking a gram a day and it consumed me, I'd be at work and find a way to take a break and go chase the dragon in my car... I really loved every minute of it until business died down and I could no longer afford my precious Heroin..

Now I'm on subs and I honestly don't miss the Heroin, towards the end I was getting sick of some of the dealers that I had to deal with, I couldn't afford to wait for an indefinite period of time when I was sick and needed to go to work. When I first started I had a couple of very consistent connections and I never had to wait more than an hour to get some, as time went on those dealers got busted and the people I had to deal with got shadier and and shadier.

By the time I stabilized on Sub I was content, keep in mind my Heroin affair only lasted a few months and I never injected it.

I know what the OP means about being functional on the pharmaceuticals, I could function on the Heroin fine but I could so easily see it taking me down if it went on much longer than it did. Anyway I find a Sub prescription to be much cheaper than an H habit and I'd rather just stick with subs.

unfortuantely everytime I take subs I get anxiety and depression and a general feeling of ill... it sucks. Life's never been so bad as it is after I get on subs. Maybe I am not giving my body long enough to adapt to the subs, but I think I just detest the feeling of suboxone. It's a speedy, unnatural, uneuphoric, unpleasant high that lingers and never goes away. It tweaks my emotions and makes me feel like a different person. I've never been on it longer than 8 days without relapsing for tghis reason...

Do you guys think if I gave it a longer chance, I'd adapt to it and feel 100% fine and functional on it? Do you guys have any similar feelings / experiences with subs? I'd do methadone instead but I dont wanna drive downtown every damn day and I hear methadone is a lifelong commitment.... there is no quitting methadone

It's possible you just didn't give yourself enough time to adjust, it took me a couple weeks to really feel good and normal on subs but I'm prescribed Klonopin for anxiety so that may help, although I don't need as much Klonopin once I'm stabilized on Subs.

Everyone reacts differently, maybe Subutex would work better or maybe you're just not taking enough or you're taking too much.

For me Subs were just a huge relief after a six month period of not being sure where my next fix was coming from, also my last month of using heroin I think I broke some personal records as far as spending money on opiates goes.

I'm sure some of the other posters have some more insight than me. I have a number of friends who just used Methadone clinics to detox with in a fairly short period of time and they said it was relatively painless... too painless apparently because they all ended up back on heroin.

I'd do methadone instead but I dont wanna drive downtown every damn day and I hear methadone is a lifelong commitment.... there is no quitting methadone

Actually there is life after methadone with out it.
The thing is too many get on it and keep upping the dose trying to feel a buzz instead of getting on it and upping th dose only to what makes the comfortable for that 24 hours.
Than do a slow detox.
Slow detoxes are not as bad as those who wiz through it believe me been off and on it for years I got off as doing great until a reinjury of my back and that has been the one thing that has given me reliefe who woud have thought that 8)

See if you can do a short detox with the methadone instead of MMT

I just came accross this post and the funny thing is I am about to try almost the exact same thing. I am thinking about climbing the ladder (?) from Dilaudid to H.. I have never done it but almost all other stuff. Just want to experience it for myself.

unfortuantely everytime I take subs I get anxiety and depression and a general feeling of ill... it sucks. Life's never been so bad as it is after I get on subs. Maybe I am not giving my body long enough to adapt to the subs, but I think I just detest the feeling of suboxone. It's a speedy, unnatural, uneuphoric, unpleasant high that lingers and never goes away. It tweaks my emotions and makes me feel like a different person. I've never been on it longer than 8 days without relapsing for tghis reason...

Do you guys think if I gave it a longer chance, I'd adapt to it and feel 100% fine and functional on it? Do you guys have any similar feelings / experiences with subs? I'd do methadone instead but I dont wanna drive downtown every damn day and I hear methadone is a lifelong commitment.... there is no quitting methadone

That is very odd that Suboxone effects you that way. For me its a mood booster/brightener that helps control my cravings. I've been on it for like a year and a half. I don't know if you'd all of a sudden adapt to it if you feel that way on it. You should have already from 8 days on it. That sucks you feel that because I tell you from personal experience that methadone MAINTENANCE is not the way to go. Everybody always keeps upping their doses once on it and getting off it is a long ride. Takes forever to get off it unless you go cold turkey which is absolute hell. Detox would be alright though. I personally have nothing against that. Although I started it and that is what lead me to stay on it. Doesn't mean that would happen to you. I dunno, maybe methadone would help but I'm against suggesting it (unless its detox)

there is, a lot. you just have to be plugged in and i got unplugged. trying to get back. we should talk. hit me up. i'm new here (on the forum, used it for research for a while.) and way too sober the last few weeks,