• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Oxycontin alternative options

Hey been off on holidays and haven't logged on for a few weeks.
Odb you are on the money with the lot, including lower pain tolerance for pain other than the chronic stuff.
I need to find some new hobbies/interests, even the stuff I can still do that I did prior to my accident I struggle to enjoy because it is harder to do and I can't do it as well as I used to which just causes more frustration.
Things are the best they have been in the last three years in nearly every aspect yet I'm struggling more than ever mentally. I guess that is because I'm closer to being the best I will be which means I have to deal with the reality of my situation, where the last three years had been constant surgeries and healing time.
It sucks that I don't get any real recreational value from my pain medication, I now need to try and taper down as low as I can while still managing the pain. The hardest part is my pain levels vary greatly with my levels of activity but hopefully that will improve still as I get stronger.
It is great to know that there are people on here who probably understand my situation better than me, no one else in my life including my wife really knows what is really going on with me. My wife knows a lot of what is going on mentally and my prescibed pain relief but that is all pain med wise, she is very anti drugs and has freaked out a couple of times even though it is all prescibed.
I hope everyone is going well and keeping safe, thankyou all again for the great advice.

Recently a fellow BLer Indybreaker passed on due to a fentanyl OD. Prescribed pain patch that were extracted and dosed IV.

Fentanyl is insanely potent not even naltrexone can reverse its effects (out competes everything at the receptor sites). Even more worrying is the designer drug butyl fentanyl some 4-5 x stronger than fentanyl.

I've had experience with fentanyl and acetyl fentanyl and these drugs are not to be taken lightly. Of all the opiates I feel fentanyl, due to rapid onset and insane potency, is the one most likely to cause OD even in opiate tolerant users.

IDK if this post is appropriate for this thread, mods please adjust as necessary.

lovepsy.

If you're struggling with exercise due to chronic pain, I would highly recommend seeing an exercise physiologist with experience working with chronic pain patients. I was completely unable to exercise due to pain and fatigue related to fibromyalgia - every time I went to the gym I'd end up in bed for three days practically unable to move.

I saw an exercise physiologist and he explained what I was doing wrong and gave me a fatigue and pain friendly exercise plan. I still don't make it to the gym when I'm having a flare, but when I do manage to go regularly it eases up some of my symptoms quite noticeably.

Thanks oldirtybizza. I forgot to mention that I have started Lyrica (pregabalin) to see if it will help either with nerve pain or by potentiating the oxy, I don't think it is helping the pain too much.
This has been going on for 3 years now the only time I haven't required pain relief is when I can lay around all day, which is now never. My tolerance is definitely an issue, I definitely do like the buzz and I maybe just justifying my use but it has helped me get through the last 3 years. I have lost all forms of exercise and blowing off steam but I'm only just now having to really deal with the fact that i may not get much better.
I have tapered and stopped a few times to make sure I can and to make sure the pain is real and it is. I guess I mostly take it for pain now cause if I take enough to get a buzz I don't get the same buzz but more of a nod. I have planned to taper and stock up while doing so for occasional use but maybe I'm kidding myself, in the morning I can barely move until some break through kicks in and by the end of the day I'm physically hammered. Anyway thanks for the advice you're on the money.
JS the only issue I can see with the tea is the wifey she would freak right out.

feel like a total junkie admiting this but i have porformed one using public rest rooms and what not for what...when i was stuck with family down south i had my seeds just no where to do my wash all u need really is a 3 ltr emtpy clean milk bottle a jug and a funneland about 20 mins....im not suggesting this as a way for u to get a high off cus i am no into my 3rd (or could be 4th) year of daily use while i have cut my wds the days i dont use i feel like total shiiiiiiit....

or if your missus will be more chill with weed grow some legit medical weed like wild thai ryder....i just got done with my crop and i should really be on oxy but due to one fuck up in the past (overdose) i cant get back on it and lyrica is my only form of pain relefe and the odd tramadol i scab off my gfs sister (sucks seeing her using fucking fenty junesta oldskool OC oxys in front of me and having to pretend i dont use as much as i admit :( ) anyways i did notice a legit help to my back pain (i have a fused verterbra and bulging discs) as well as help with my insomnia it does heave medical benifits if u get the right kind and know how to grow good dope

Growing cannabis is a reasonable suggestion if someone has the space and privacy and find it helps them with their pain. I would think there are much better strains for pain than sativa ruderalis crosses though, generally people use indicas and indica dominant hybrids for pain.

From a medicinal standpoint it makes very little sense to grow autos, you want to have a homogeneous product that is going to have the same effect every time, the only way to do this is to grow from clone, and you can't clone autos.

Growing cannabis is a reasonable suggestion if someone has the space and privacy and find it helps them with their pain. I would think there are much better strains for pain than sativa ruderalis crosses though, generally people use indicas and indica dominant hybrids for pain.

From a medicinal standpoint it makes very little sense to grow autos, you want to have a homogeneous product that is going to have the same effect every time, the only way to do this is to grow from clone, and you can't clone autos.

Just thought i'd chime in. You can clone autos. Ruderalis contains high cbd and almost 0 THC. It also has CBN which is an effective antiinflammatory agent and has other benifical properties.

If you created a plant with 30% Ruderalis 50% Indica and 20% sativa genetics you could clone and achieve identically homogenous product every time. This would be a good night cap strain.

Cannabis has three primary metabolic pathways that are activated and determine the amount of metabolites such as THC, CBD,THCV,CBN etc present in the adult plant.

Genetics, environment, nutrients and flowering time seem to be the factors that can be altered to modify the metabolic pathway taken by a particular strain of cannabis. Doug's Varin is the first strain to record higher THCV ratio tovthc 7/6.

All Ruderalis will do is cause early/auto flowering and increase CBD yeild vs THC. This is why hybridization is so effective.

By crossing say AK47 with a Ruderalis you get flowers setting in 3-4 weeks regardless of hrs of light. It could run 24 hr and you'd still be head. Not as potent as true AK47 but not far off. This plant can be cloned, grafted etc just like any other to alter the metabolites produced at harvest.

If you don't want to clone just recross with a male auto ak47 if you grew one get seeds and... Well grow them I guess. ;-)

Having some ruderalis in the genetic make up does not make it an autoflower, if the plant flowers based on photoperiod then it isn't an autoflower.

Obviously some ruderalis crosses will not autoflower, but unless the line has been worked to eliminate this trait, there will always be some phenotypes that come out with autoflowering traits. I don't think they are ideal for this reason, and you can get plenty of hybrids with no ruderalis in them which have good ratios of the medicinal cannabanoids you mention.

You can't clone a true autoflower because they start flowering from a very young age and continue to do so to maturity. You certainly can't keep an autoflower mother in constant veg so you can take cuts for years in the way you can with a cannabis plant which flowers based on photoperiod.

If you have a particular phenotype of a particular strain that works particularly well for your ailment, it makes much more sense to keep a mother so you have constant access to the flowers that have the most medical benefits to you. There is no sense rolling the dice every grow by growing from seed. Growing autos forces you to grow from seed every time.

The strain JS mentioned by name in the post I was responding to is an autoflowering strain, which is why I made the post I did.

Last edited: