• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone taper advise needed

flakrun

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelight.

Im in a situation that i could really use some serious advice for.

Im using 320 mg of Oxycodone daily, and i need to taper down. I know this is very bad, and im terrified of withdrawls and how to handle this the best way possible.

I have a job that i need to attend each day, so i need the taper to be as painless as possible.

How do i go from here, and what is to be expected?

That's a pretty high dosage. Can you handle tapering by 10mg/day for a week?
So....
1st week: 310mg/daily
2nd week: 300mg/daily
3rd week: 290mg/daily
etc.

If you can get it, Red Vein Kratom will help..

Good.luck!

Hi there! I am sorry about your situation and the stress it is exerting on you. If you have decided that enough is enough but you still have to function in an demanding situations then it all boils dowbmn to "do you have such a big and uninterrupted stream of oycodone. If you have it then you could go for 10% reduction every 7-10 days. It will take you longer to get it done but this way you will minimise the disruption on your life. If at some point the withdrawals become too much to handle than stay on that amount until your body adjust. Oxycodone is not known for protracted acute withdrawals and 7-10 days should be more than enough for your body to adjust. But you will have to endure some withdrawal nevertheless. Tapering is like paying the price in an instalments but you are still paying. Maybe you can do it faster or slower, it comes down how dedicated you are, how intense your obligations are and how high is your tolerance for discomfort. Whatever you decide focus on the percentages not milligrams. Maybe you could benefit from some comfort meds when you hit a wall. Something like pregabalin or few days of benzos, but all the meds that aid opioid withdrawal are also the meds that you can get addicted to so be cautious. If you live in the USA kratom could be of use when you go down below 100mg. Memantine and ULDN (ultra low dose of natrexon) could be something worth exploring. But it would be best if you could just taper down. I hope that you have real oxycodone and not counterfeit pills with fent cause there are lots of those going around. Taper, exercise, eat well and be patient. I am sure you will get more answers and I wish you all the best. Please keep us informed. You can do this!